What Ultraverse titles are the best / your favorites, and why?

#1 Posted by Bloodflow (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I have begun collecting Malibu titles in earnest, but until now my focus has been on pre-Ultraverse titles. If I was a newbie, which I'm not, which titles would you suggest to really get me hooked on the Ultraverse and why. I am somewhat familiar, and I have listed my favorites below, but if I plan on becoming really hardcore about my Ultraverse collection, I want to start with something really great. I thought I would ask everyone here for their opinions.

1. Rune- He's a vampiric alien who feeds on souls and was created by Barry Windsor Smith. Incredible.

2. Sludge- This title has elements of Swamp Thing, however, it felt very original and compelling. A crooked cop is covered in chemicals and dumped in a sewer, becoming a hideous monster. I have only read the first few issues.

3. Prototype- Similar to Iron Man, but in my opinion much better. Unlike Tony Stark, the main character is not a tycoon, just an employee, which I find very relateable, and a very nice twist. I always wondered If the two would go head to head after Marvel bought the Ultraverse. I've only read the first few issues, so if they did, please tell me.

#2 Posted by SylentEcho (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime and Rune mainly. My two favorites.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.