Follow

Malibu

Publisher »

A publisher bought out by Marvel in 1994.

Ultraverse or Malibu?

Nod Nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nod Nolan

a lot of Ultraverse characters have been added as "Malibu"... should this convention be continued or should we change them to Ultraverse as the option is available.

Personally, I would prefer for them all to be under Ultraverse

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

Examples? I don't see anything pop up when i search for malibu. We try not to seperate characters by universe here.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Wasn't it that Malibu was bought by Marvel and they became Utlraverse? I didn't follow those. Also wasn't that were the original Exiles came from? Different concept but with Juggernaut when he crossed over?

Nod Nolan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nod Nolan

Yrial, Grenade, Zip-zap are all Members of the Strangers

Night Man Volume is also down under Malibu, as are the characters linked (ie Death Mask)

when entering the Character / Volume there is an option for both Malibu AND Ultraverse in the publisher field.

I understand that you try not to seperate by Universe, but for example Wildstorm and Vertigo are published by DC, yet they are all seperated. Mr Majestic and Captain Atom have both traversed Universes yet Wildstorm and DC are distinct.

G-Man:

Exiles Ultraverse first series was a four issue series featuring all ultraverse Character

Exiles Second Series featured characters from both universes (Juggernaut, Reaper and Sienna Blaze from the 606)

Exiles Current series is the Blink cross Marvel dimensions one.
    Post Edited:2007-01-07 17:20:46

BlaqueSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BlaqueSaber

ULTRAVERSE.

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@g_man: Malibu had the ultraverse line before the Marvel Purchase. It was better back then. when the marvel acquisition happened it got RUINED! there were other imprints under the Malibu banner besides ultraverse. I cant remember all but the name Bravura comes to mind and I remember titles like Dinosaurs for hire and ninja high school which I know for sure were not under ultraverese.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.