Should Marvel bring back the Malibu Universe?

#1 Posted by b3n8m3 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed Ultraforce as a kid. Marvel bought the company in 1994. Since then nothing (except for some short lived cross-overs)

. Should Marvel introduce Malibu Characters to the 616?
#2 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly...no, there's so many characters in the 616 as it is that adding in a whole new continuity would be really difficult to, pull off. What they could do is make a new earth for them and start that as it's own universe.

#3 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55: Except that there isn't really enough interest in those characters to make that a logical thing, they cancelled the ultraforce after like 15 issues and shut down the whole ultraverse line because the books wouldn't sell.And I remember the wording of the deal makes it almost impossible to bring those characters back. So I say leave it be.
#4 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: ah ok, didn't know that...never read Ultraforce. I just commented on the fact that 616 is full as is, if they can't come back to print it's no skin off my back
#5 Posted by TheCrusader (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. The characters were great. They even had a short lived cartoon that was pretty good. 

#6 Posted by Bloodflow (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that Joe Quesada really wanted to bring them back, but there were legalities that stopped it from happening.

#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- The sales of Marvel are struggling, investing in bringing back a line of comics that failed back when sales were much better does not make much sense.

- The Ultraverse had it's fans, but there are nowhere near enough to justify or support the move

#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (15199 posts) - - Show Bio

@b3n8m3: Yes! I am an ultraverse fan! my favorite is Pressure, Anything and Prime!

#9 Posted by Density (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would the Ultraverse was awesome. I loved them back in the day.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel shouldn't bring it back but they should use those characters.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrusader said:

Definitely. The characters were great. They even had a short lived cartoon that was pretty good. 

I must say that I loved this cartoon but I can't say the characters were "great".They were all shameless knockoffs.
#12 Posted by cbishop (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultraverse was cool before Marvel got hold of it. Once they bought it, the crossovers with Marvel were okay, but other than that, the U'verse titles went downhill. I think the characters would fit just fine in the Marvel U, but it wouldn't be the same as having them in their own universe not owned by Disney/ Marvel. And yes, the original deal makes it near impossible to bring the characters back.

#13 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop: I still say they should get another chance!

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultraverse was awesome, they had so many obscure characters, especially the villains

#15 Posted by SylentEcho (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime was SUCH a good comic. I really wish they bring him back at the very least.

#16 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one would like to see these characters join the Marvel U, but to be realistic, If they are not going to use the Marvel UK Characters, then I highly doubt that the Ultraverse Characters stand a chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.