Follow

Magog

Character » Magog appears in 163 issues.

The epitome of the violent antihero in Kingdom Come. Magog has appeared in mainstream DCU continuity as David Reid, a metahuman Marine who has become a regular member of the Justice Society of America.

Is Magog from JSA the same Magog from Kingdom come?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Theodore

Is Magog in Kingdom Come the future version of current Magog?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Other way around i think

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula
    @Voidheart said:

" Other way around i think "

no he has it right, the one from Kingdom Come is the Older/Future version of the JLA one.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Theodore

Yeah I read Kingdom Come a while ago, but I was reading the Magog comics that I got today in a grab bag and was wondering about it.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Caligula
    @Theodore said:
    " Yeah I read Kingdom Come a while ago, but I was reading the Magog comics that I got today in a grab bag and was wondering about it. "
    well yeah, he is. hope you like em, Magog is pretty cool, I love what he becomes
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Theodore
    @Caligula: Yeah he is pretty cool, in the Magog series you can kind of see who he is going to become in Kingdom Come.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Caligula: 

It's a different universe, though. Older people, yes, but it's a completely different universe.

Main universe: New Earth
    Kingdom Come: Earth-22

They can't have the future of New Earth be the same as Earth-22.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Caligula
    @JediXMan said:
    " @Caligula:   It's a different universe, though. Older people, yes, but it's a completely different universe.  Main universe: New Earth Kingdom Come: Earth-22  They can't have the future of New Earth be the same as Earth-22. "
    why not?
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    " @Caligula:   It's a different universe, though. Older people, yes, but it's a completely different universe.  Main universe: New Earth Kingdom Come: Earth-22  They can't have the future of New Earth be the same as Earth-22. "
    why not? "
    Because it's a different universe. It's like having Terry McGinnis become the Batman of New Earth (he is from Earth-12, which may or may not be the DCAU)
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Kal'smahboi

It technically could happen but @JediXMan is right.  It's an alternate version of events to come.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caligula
    @JediXMan said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    why not? "
    Because it's a different universe. It's like having Terry McGinnis become the Batman of New Earth (he is from Earth-12, which may or may not be the DCAU) "
    doesn't mean that it can't happen.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    why not? "
    Because it's a different universe. It's like having Terry McGinnis become the Batman of New Earth (he is from Earth-12, which may or may not be the DCAU) "
    doesn't mean that it can't happen. "
    Let me rephrase:

It can. Earth-22 is extremely similar. It's a possible future for New Earth. But it won't happen because it's best to keep universes separate, and there would be no point in changing a universe to be like another.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theodore
    @JediXMan: I see what your saying, and the events on Earth-22 are taking place at the same time as events on New Earth because time is the same. So on Earth-22 the heroes were maybe born at an earlier date or is it really the future?
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Theodore said:
    " @JediXMan: I see what your saying, and the events on Earth-22 are taking place at the same time as events on New Earth because time is the same. So on Earth-22 the heroes were maybe born at an earlier date or is it really the future? "
    Earth-22 takes place in the future (not sure same universe as New Earth. Technically, all universes can be an alternate future). 

On a side note: I like to view Kingdom Come as the DC Civil War.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Theodore
    @JediXMan: Yeah, it is pretty much like Civil War. I love old Bruce Wayne.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

@warlock360:
    @Kal'smahboi:
    @Caligula:
    @JediXMan:
    @Theodore:

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I LIKE LOIS LANE AS A CHARACTER AND LIKE WHAT SHE HAS DONE WITH AND FOR THE MYTHOS OF SUPERMAN

So it looks like the event to Kingdom Come are possibly coming to pass. Maxwell Lord is supposed to stop Magog from starting the war. We all know there is as much chance of Magog killing the Joker and blowing up Metropolis as there is that Hell is going to freeze over in the next 12 hours. I want some things to come to pass though. I want Joker to blow up the Daily planet killing hte 93 men and 1 woman (being Lois Lane). I might even want Captain Atom to explode in central Kansas. I think they need to shake things up a little bit and this would be a great way to do that. I know i know people will say the whole War of Supermen, New Krypton, and Final Crisis story lines shook it up enough but none of it seems perminent. Before New Krypton we had a hand ful of Kryptonians on earth, After War of the Supermen we now have a handful of Kryptonians on earth, Mon-el and Christopher Kent were in the Phantom zone when all was said and done they were back in the Phantom Zone.. Really the only big change that came out of that is that doomsday is dead (he was MIA before anyways) and general Lane is now dead. We did get Superwoman out of it but she hasnt really reappeared since her return. Blackest Night and Cry for Justice seems to have had the most permenent reactions. We now have black lanterns, Roy (red Arrow) is missing and arm and lost his daughter and is non more of an anti-hero on drugs, and finally Star City was destroyed. Fro Brightest day we have white lantern rings, a white entity, people returned from the dead and a new self proclaimed set of Gaurdians. All these event seemed to have real meaning but Superman's arcs seem to leave him right back where it all started. Nothing really lost or gained. Even the event from the walk across America most likely wont change anything. Yeah superman will feel more in touch with the human race but nothing long lasting will change.

I say let joker blow up the Daily Planet while Supes is out taking his walk, that will teach him not to protect the thinigs closest to him. I would love it. It would be a great sequel to the Killing joke. Superman and Batman (Bruce) arent around to stop him, and when Bruce does come back Joker could blow it up like a suprise coming home party even though it isnt in Gotham. 

SO MY FINAL STAND IS BLOW UP THE DAILY PLANET AND KILL ALL INSIDE INCLUDING LOIS LANE

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Zoom
    @JediXMan said:
    "I like to view Kingdom Come as the DC Civil War. "

Only good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.