Follow

Magog

Character » Magog appears in 163 issues.

The epitome of the violent antihero in Kingdom Come. Magog has appeared in mainstream DCU continuity as David Reid, a metahuman Marine who has become a regular member of the Justice Society of America.

does Magog look like a yung Cable or is it just me?

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Watch Dog
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Well?
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MrMiracle77

Good eye.  Magog, as he was created for Kingdom Come, was an intentional parody of the hyper-violent characters of the 90s.  He bore many of the visual trademarks of the era: excessive pouches, metallic limbs, guns, knives, etc. 

But most prominent of all were Magog's golden horns, designed to suggest that he was a 'false idol' compared to the earlier superheroes like Superman and Wonder Woman.  And while it wasn't Ross and Waid's original intention, he ultimately became a more sympathetic character towards the end of the series.  In the final issue, he saves the life of Tokyo Rose and discards his helmet.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

MrMiracle beat me to the punch, and he said it much better than I ever could.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.