Xmen first class

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24716 posts) - - Show Bio

From all the previews I've seen so far this looks like more of a Magneto movie than an Xmen movie, I'm assuming he's going to take the wolverine slot, by that I mean they're going to claim its a team movie then make it all about him

#2 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they basically decided to put Magneto's early history into this film, and therefore decided to not make a X-Men Origins: Magneto film. So this film will certainly be focusing on the relationship between Magneto and Xavier. Everyone else in X-Men First Class is pretty much gravitating around these two significant characters. The Hellfire Club was used because they didn't want to make Magneto a villain yet. 

#3 Posted by Random_Drunk (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking forward to the film on the basis that I thought it would stick pretty closely to the early comics in regards to roster etc, but im unfamiliar with a lot of these mutants, so it could be a learning experience. As for Havok being changed to be Cyclops father...I really dont see why filmmakers need to screw around with the comic history. 

#4 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Random_Drunk said:
" I was looking forward to the film on the basis that I thought it would stick pretty closely to the early comics in regards to roster etc, but im unfamiliar with a lot of these mutants, so it could be a learning experience. As for Havok being changed to be Cyclops father...I really dont see why filmmakers need to screw around with the comic history.  "
What's even worse than that is that they decided to screw with their own continuity by puting Emma Frost in this movie.
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Random_Drunk: @ironshadow:  Who's to say that Havok doesn't end up having two sons named Scott and Alex? And who's to say that Emma doesn't end up having two daughters one with telepathic powers and the other turns into diamonds. They have to do something or they won't be able to use any characters because they won't have been born yet. In the comics people don't age so they can have been around since the 60's but in the movies you've got to adapt.
#6 Edited by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Well I think of Kayla Silverfox and Emma (Silverfox) as The Stepford Cuckoos  http://www.comicvine.com/stepford-cuckoos/65-4443/ but people who don't know comics will be confused by the fact that there are 2 Emmas and as for making Havok Cyclops' dad I'm not upset about that.
#7 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Is that confirmed or just a rumour?
#9 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time Magneto got the spotlight.

#10 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Edamame: Is that confirmed or just a rumour? "
The latter, but it could nevertheless be true because there is supposed to be another cameo at the end of the film.  Also, Michael Ironside might be debuting as Cable.
#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
" @Edamame: Is that confirmed or just a rumour? "
The latter, but it could nevertheless be true because there is supposed to be another cameo at the end of the film.  Also, Michael Ironside might be debuting as Cable. "
Ew I don't like that idea. Not the Cable idea, I'm okay with that but not Michael Ironside playing him.
#12 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: *shrugs*
lol
#13 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if this movie focuses on Magneto.
#14 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Magnetos role and potrayal in this movie was well done...im glad it focused a little more on magneto hes always been my favorite x-men character

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody who watched the movie with me thought that Magneto storyline was the best part of the movie.

#16 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

It's about time Magneto got the spotlight.

Damn RIght!

#17 Posted by bellaardila92 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

so Emma Frost didn't met Cyclops and Wolverine?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.