Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

X-Men Origins: Magneto Movie

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Hey guys what do you think about The new upcoming movie  X-Men Origins:Magneto
    Would you go see it when it comes out? Do you think they should such make X-Men 4 and stop making these X-Men Origins movies? Do think they should continue making X-Men Origin movie?What do think?

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lyrad

I had high hopes for it, until I watched Wolverine.  Now, I'm cringing at the thought of how they will most likely change everything about Magneto and just mess it up.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rothschild

X Men Origins: Wolverine got a C in my book... Now if they keep Magneto true to the story, it could be good... But I'll hold my breath, Yes i'll still go watch it in theatres but my hopes for it are not so high...

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hawk

Just use Magneto Testament as the script....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    Hopefully they will do a Good Job on it... lately Marvel has been On Point with all of there Movies so it should be Hot Sh!t

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omg chris

that would be awesome his escape from the concentration camps how he mastered his powers and him eventually meeting Xavier ill be happy for his origin movie

magneto was right lol  

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sidney

This movie gonna suck like Wolverine did. Especially if FOX is gonna take part in this.

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how this movie turn out,but Fox has to make it.They have  to  make X-Men movies  every few years If they don't ,Marvel would gain the rights back. Besides I think the movie wouldn't be that bad.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Djinn

well i dont know cause i never really liked magneto, i dont like how he ccan control soo many things because it has metal in it, i know in marvel its real but i still dont like it

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Djinn:
    I don't like Magneto either and I can't believe they are making a movie about him,but I gust the movie won't be that bad.
    Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Djinn

depending on the person they should continue to make origins but for people like magneto no, cause we already know his history they should for people like emma, cause the time she was in the hellfire is a mystery we know some things she did but not all. 

They should not make a X4, they should break it off and make new x-men but dont keep compiling x-men movies
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Djinn:
    What about a X-Men Origins:Storm. They are going to make a X-Men 4  afther theses X-Men Origins Movies.Plus we all know about Wolverine's origin and they made X-Men Origins:Wolverine.
    Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Djinn
    @Incredible Hulk-Prime: if they did make a origin storm it wouldnt be that much action in it, since she didnt use her powers when she was little and used them a little when she was a teen, i think they made wolverine since he is a big character like the marvel logo
    Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Kid Anarchy

the only thing im looking forward to in this movie is Scarlet Witch.

Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kid Anarchy:
    Me too. I might go see  for Scarlet Witch and  also Professer Xavior.
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aronmorales

I'll see it.

pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By pentagram
    @Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
    " @Kid Anarchy: Me too. I might go see  for Scarlet Witch and  also Professer Xavior. "
    ya'll just went straight to scarlet witch and forgot about the other kids huh. lol 
    well i want to see the brotherhood
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cracks

I would like to see Mr. Sinister in the X-Men Origins Magneto movie. 

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Pania

I would very much like to avoid the "jamming in as many unnecessary character into the plot in order to maximized special effects, but reduce character development" trend that has plagued X-Films since X3.

If they manage to dump Goyer and actually bering in someone who repsects the source material, who looks at Magneto as a morally mabigous three diemnsion thought provoking character with real life anaolgs, this could be a great film.

If they handle it like X-men Origins: Wolverine, it's going to suck.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Pania

Well, depending on your view of 20th Century Fox's handling of X-Characters, this is either good or bad news, but it looks like X-Men Origins: Magneto has been bumped back for the foreseeable future. The next step after this is quietly shelving it.

http://screenrant.com/future-x-men-films-deadpool-magneto-rob-31173/

Given what I have heard of David (Blade Trinity, Crow: City of Angels, Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD) Goyer's ideas for the project (he compared Magneto to Anakin Skywalker and wanted to do a story about mad scientists in the camps and hunting Nazis), and the butchery Fox made of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm actually very o.k. with this.

I would rather never see a Magneto film at all than see a badly made movie that trashed his character.

(Especially given the recent influence other media have had on the source material. Morrison wrote Planet X not based on the Magneto of the comics, but on the Magneto of the films. As a fan of the character, I would rather never see a Magneto film than read a crap rendition of the character like that again.)

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Precise
    @Pania said:
    "(he compared Magneto to Anakin Skywalker and wanted to do a story about mad scientists in the camps and hunting Nazis),
    -__- 

Better no movie then that kind of movie.
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cracks

They probably won't even make it. Only Wolverine 2 has made the most progress. I would like to see Mr. Sinister in X-Men Origins Magneto, though because Essex collaborated with the Nazis in World War II. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.