Why does Magneto look so young?

#1 Posted by Onemoreposter (4049 posts) - - Show Bio

Have we gotten an actual in comic explanation for how a man at least in his 70s retains such youth and vigor. He's one of the few characters the whole sliding timeline thing doesn't really work for.

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Have we gotten an actual in comic explanation for how a man at least in his 70s retains such youth and vigor. He's one of the few characters the whole sliding timeline thing doesn't really work for.

He was de-aged at one point, it was actually a story arc. They don't address it in current comics but yea he's now in his 30's to 40's physically I forget which

#3 Edited by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: he was de-aged by kang the conqueror at one point, another time by science- another time because of the high evolutionary

#4 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the people why de-age Magneto?

#5 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

@0blivion_: Kang did it, as a deal, youth to stop his enemies

Science, i dunno who or why they choose him

High Ev, for another deal i forget

#6 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@crackerjack82: Hmm.. still weird that it's happen three times now, seems Marvel really want to keep Magneto around..

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11591 posts) - - Show Bio

@0blivion_: Who wouldn't? He's one of Marvels best characters, evil or not.

#8 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I guess..

#9 Edited by cattlebattle (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of anti-oxidants, exercise and he stays out of the sun :)  

@0blivion_

said:

Out of all the people why de-age Magneto?

They do similar things with any "era related character" e.g. Xavier plays a vital role in Magnetos history as they have been best friends over the years and very close in age, I believe Xavier was cloned into a younger body
#10 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's Maybelline. 

Probably photoshop. We all know what these big fancy, famous superhero/supervillian types are like. I heard that if Captain America gets served any MnM's that aren't red or blue he starts decapitating mofo's with his shield then they digital software to edit out the blood and add Hydra insignias to all those he viciously murderrated. 

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes had some work done in hollywood but kept it a secret and disguised it as going to rehab, because Rouge just wasnt into anyone old enough to be her father.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

He's actually been de aged several times, and Professor X looks younger than he is do to his mind being transferred into a cloned body

#13 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

He's actually been de aged several times, and Professor X looks younger than he is do to his mind being transferred into a cloned body

When was this/ and when did Xavier get his powers back after M-Day?

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88: Xavier got given a new body a long time ago, basically he traded places with a shape shifter for a bit faked his death, went and hung out with the shi'ar for a while then came back in a new body

#15 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

is it Magneto or is it Joesph(Magneto's Clone)

#16 Posted by lokiofmidgaard (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@crackerjack82 said:

@Onemoreposter: he was de-aged by kang the conqueror at one point, another time by science- another time because of the high evolutionary

I don't think Magneto has ever encountered Kang, and I believe the High Evolutionary just repowered him, though I suppose it's possible there was some rejuvenation thrown in. He was reverted to infancy, alongside the rest of the then-members of the Brotherhood (Blob, Mastermind, Lorelei and Unus) by Alpha the UItimate Mutant after Alpha determined them to be evil. Eric the Red later restored Magneto, and, unintentionally, the others, but since he wanted to set Magneto on the X-Men, Eric restored him to his prime, rather than his full age.

#17 Posted by lokiofmidgaard (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@fACEmelter88: Xavier got given a new body a long time ago, basically he traded places with a shape shifter for a bit faked his death, went and hung out with the shi'ar for a while then came back in a new body

Xavier did have Changeling cover his absence while he prepared to fight the Z'nox, and Changeling did die (not an attempt to fake Xavier's death, just something that happened while Changeling was substituting for Xavier), but that had nothing to do with Xavier's new body, and only the most peripheral involvement with him later hanging out with the Shi'ar. Xavier's telepathic defeat of the Z'nox had a side effect of putting him contact with Lilandra, which subsequently led to him going off into space with her for a while. However, much later, after he had returned home, a Brood Queen implanted an egg in Xavier; when it hatched, it consumed Xavier's body, turning it into a new Brood Queen, but Xavier's mind managed to wrest control back. The Starjammers then cloned him a new (and younger) body, and the Starjammer physician, Sikorsky, transplanted Xavier's brain across.

#18 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto uses wrinkle remover cream. He's actually a fan of skin products

#19 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88 said:

@joshmightbe said:

When was this/ and when did Xavier get his powers back after M-Day?

Prof X got his powers back after M-Day during Brubaker's Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire in Uncanny X-Men. He was thrown into the M'Kraan Crystal which restored his powers.

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Wow, that picture is so hawt.

#21 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Erik has been rocking the Total Gym since Chuck Norris started pimping it back in the day

#22 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Is that your I really love them together rod? And the little bolts coming off of them are your happiness of them being together?

#23 Posted by astrangerinthestreet (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.