Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

The Movies Are Not The Comics

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Pania

Please do not update characters with information from the movies or the video games. I just deleted an entry for Juggernaut under Magneto's "Friends and Family" and Hazmat and the Imperfects from "Enemies".

Post Edited:2008-02-24 06:28:08

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

They have in the Ultimate Universe. Juggernaut was in the Brotherhood of Evil Supremacy. As of yet there's no separation between Ultimate Universe characters and there 616 counterparts. Thats why Juggernaut is listed under Friends and Family.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

"They have in the Ultimate Universe. Juggernaut was in the Brotherhood of Evil Supremacy. As of yet there's no separation between Ultimate Universe characters and there 616 counterparts. Thats why Juggernaut is listed under Friends and Family."

Then that should have been noted.

I also saw video game characters showing up under "Enemies" as well.

Sorry if I'm cranky, don't mean to be so at you.

Post Edited:2008-02-24 05:15:44

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its all good ;)

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pania

Gambler says:

"Its all good ;)"

Cool. I'll re-add Juggernaut once the changes have been cleared.

Every once in a while I have to go in and clean up (such as yet again moving "Erik Lehnsherr" from birth name to alias, removing Esme Cuckoo as a "friend" as she worked with Xorn, not Magneto, etc.).

I suppose I should start adding more his Ultimate counterpart's associations. I know its not policy, but when you have a character like this, you really do wish they would split the pages.

Post Edited:2008-02-24 06:29:36

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Pania says:

"Please do not update characters with information from the movies or the video games. I just deleted an entry for Juggernaut under Magneto's "Friends and Family" and Hazmat and the Imperfects from "Enemies".
    Post Edited:2008-02-24 06:28:08"

Yes that's true, but there was an Imperfects comic book. Don't remember Magneto and Hazmat fought in that comic, but if they did he should be listed as an enemy.

However people tend to add too many to the friends/enemies list, often characters they haven't' even met.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Pania says:

"Gambler says:
    "Its all good ;)"

I suppose I should start adding more his Ultimate counterpart's associations. I know its not policy, but when you have a character like this, you really do wish they would split the pages.

Post Edited:2008-02-24 06:29:36"

Also you should write in the text box if they only are enemies in the Ultimate universe or any other alt. reality.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pania

fesak says:

Yes that's true, but there was an Imperfects comic book. Don't remember Magneto and Hazmat fought in that comic, but if they did he should be listed as an enemy.However people tend to add too many to the friends/enemies list, often characters they haven't' even met."

They really, really do. That and photos are the least noticeable way to point whore.

Also you should write in the text box if they only are enemies in the Ultimate universe or any other alt. reality.

I do, but I seem to be the only one who does.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Pania says:

"fesak says:

I do, but I seem to be the only one who does.

"

Most people just add the character, and don't edit the text. Maybe there should be a clarification somewhere that the text box should explain the relationship between the characters, and be readable from both ways, since the same text will show up on both pages. I don't know if that's explained somewhere?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pania

fesak says:

Most people just add the character, and don't edit the text. Maybe there should be a clarification somewhere that the text box should explain the relationship between the characters, and be readable from both ways, since the same text will show up on both pages. I don't know if that's explained somewhere?"

It is explained in the Submission Guidelines.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Pania says:

"fesak says:
    Most people just add the character, and don't edit the text. Maybe there should be a clarification somewhere that the text box should explain the relationship between the characters, and be readable from both ways, since the same text will show up on both pages. I don't know if that's explained somewhere?"

It is explained in the Submission Guidelines. "

Then there's no excuse for people being stupid.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

fesak says:

"Then there's no excuse for people being stupid."

stupidity seems to be it's own excuse for some members

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.