Magneto vs the Ocean: We know Magneto can construct forcefields. Given that knowledge can he lift the entire ocean into space?

#1 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this title so long? Also this isn't a battle, maybe this should go into off-topic?

#3 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7733 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sharks get Mad and solo x3

#4 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, they could move this to the Magneto forum if possible.

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

Not without some sort of device to amplify his powers imo

#6 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: You mean a device to maintain his concentration? Electromagnetism is everywhere and the only thing that taxes that power is his mind.

#7 Posted by beautifulrevery (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

@beautifulrevery: You mean a device to maintain his concentration? Electromagnetism is everywhere and the only thing that taxes that power is his mind.

However his powers work he has limits and as such will need something to help him out with such a large task imo

#8 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: Then perhaps if Xavier where there to help him maintain focus, he might be able to do it.

#9 Posted by Ferro Vida (34672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: 1) Which ocean? Or all oceans?

2) Even at his best Magneto couldn't do it.

3) Magneto is much weaker nowadays.

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16001 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so.. the whole ocean is pretty huge, even for magneto..

#11 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

No..... He couldn't even beat a prepped Iron Man in a fight. What the hack makes you think he could lift that sort of mass into the air at the same exact time?

#12 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Magneto has been weakened. I am not sure a full power one could do it either though.

#13 Posted by chiq (1904 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Magneto's greatest lifting feat? A mountain range? that world destroying bullet light years away?

#14 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

What is Magneto's greatest lifting feat? A mountain range? that world destroying bullet light years away?

I believe they were multiple bullets and some bullets actually came through. Each of the bullets were as big as whole county. Stopping these bullets while traveling at lightspeeds are probably one of if not, the most powerful feat of his. However, it tolled alot of mental effort. Thus, why I am bringing up the relevancy of universal electromagnetism to his mental will power.

#15 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

I VERY much doubt he could.

#16 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

What constitutes as lifting? He wouldn't be able to literally lift up the ocean and place into space. But I don't doubt his ability to convert the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen atoms and then have them moved that way. However, this only works with Magneto when he was still a cool villain. Now that he's a hero, he's not so cool anymore, or nearly as strong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.