Magneto: Evil or Misguided?

#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

When I think about it, Magneto seems more like a anti-hero or mutant freedom fighter than a villain to me. That doesn't make him any less dangerous, but I wouldn't go far as to say he's "evil". Sop what is it? Evil or misguided?

#2 Posted by GREGalicious (467 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt say evil or misguided. If i had to put it into words id say, "GOOD INTENTIONS - BAD EXECUTIONS"

#3 Edited by Nefarious (18400 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought of Magneto as evil..maybe he is just a man that is angry with life and wants to fight back against the injustices of the world. Magneto is a man of his time.

#4 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
" I never thought of Magneto as evil..maybe he is just a man that is angry with life and wants to fight back against the injustices of the world. Magneto is a man of his time. "
very true. I've never considered him the evil type like Lex Luthor or Apocalypse. He does what he believes is the right thing and at times has even been an ally to the X-men and has been apart of the team as well.
#6 Posted by Nefarious (18400 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: Exactly.
#7 Posted by warlock360 (27976 posts) - - Show Bio

"Evil or Misguided" 

lol... you don't even consider his point of view to be "Good" in his own belief

#8 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it wasn't the Brotherhood of Misguided Mutants.

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham: lol
#10 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say he's misguided, because he has the right intentions, but he uses methods that were used against him and many others during the holocaust, and that event left such a scar on his psyche, he thinks he is saving all mutants by abusing humans.

#11 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

At times both. And at times he does have good intentions

#12 Posted by Kairan1979 (16703 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike most of the Marvel villains, Magneto always had a good intentions.

#13 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

He lives in a world were people organize, devote large amounts of resources, and build giant war machines (such as sentinels) with the intention of oppressing or even wiping out his kind. If you had his powers, intellect, talents and resources, and you were in his position what would you do?  Would anyone really practice non-violence in his position?

#14 Posted by Captain_Justice95 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont blame Magneto. he's seen the worst of what hummanity can do, but i would call him a mutant extremist of all things
#15 Posted by BlackPookie (610 posts) - - Show Bio

not a hero, not misguided, he does bad things sometimes based on preemptions of something that is right. but its wrong. 
its hard to understand a man that has suffered so much and ended up alone most of time and grows bitter with time... thats really hard... but i believe theres good in his heart... but also a lot of anger and hate that most of times surpass the light side...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.