Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5887 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Magneto

EternalBiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By EternalBiker
       I do not like magneto.... because of his miss use of his power's he's sapposed to be the pertector of all mutant's but that is a lie because as all have seen or read he's just a user and a abuser. I say this because the way he minipulates othier mutants to do his bidding !!  Magneto is what i call a phalse prophet of mutant's !!! 

Who thinks that what he did to wolverine in fatal attractions was wrong ??? 

Who thinks that Adamantium shouldnt be affected by magnetisum ????
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

not i . theres alot more to him and those stories, as well as Wolverine.
    he does some mad and not very nice stuff though, thats undeniable.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rothschild
    @EternalBiker:
    Magneto doesnt fight the X-Men because he wants to... He fights them because they oppose his extremist views of mutants a Homosuperior(no homo jokes please), he feels that they are blinded by their love of those who persecute them. He is the Malcolm X of the X-Universe whereas Professor X is Martin Luther King Jr. Stan Lee has mentioned this on a few occasions
    Raddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Raddra

You seriously need to do some reading. 

Here, i'll help.

http://www.magnetowasright.com/pages/analysis/hes-got-issues-a-dime-store-psychology-look-at-the-character-of-magneto-in-the-616.php

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pania

I'll just add to Serpent's post (yes, you need to read that) by pointing out that in Fatal Attractions Magneto only removed Wolverine's adamantium *after* Logan had eviscerated Magneto...for the third time since the 1980's.  

Three times Magneto had let Logan take his shot before he finally took the gloves off.  He had been able to take Logan apart for years and never did, what does that say about the character?

I really don't know why Logan (or his fans) got so whiny about the fact that someone tried to kill Logan back. 

"If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." 

And that is ignoring the fact that there is a strong argument to be made that Magneto was the victim in Fatal Attractions. He was just setting up a mutant colony. The U.N. is the one that declared war on him by setting up the blockade. Yes, using the EMP to remove the blockading satellites was overkill, but he was not the aggressor in that situation. The X-Men were just a retaliatory force that fell into the U.N. side without ever examining the fact that Magneto was well within his legal rights and that maybe, just maybe, a mutant colony would be an effective compromise.

Seeing as it is essentially how they are living now and all.

I'm not saying Magneto is a hero in that one, he isn't, but neither were the X-Men. Fatal Attractions is an extremely morally ambiguous story.

Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boneapart

MAGS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Japeto
    @napoleon said:
    "

"
    I second that!
    Anyway going back to the topic yes you're right I think Magneto's EGO is a problem when it comes his racist philosophy but he is a human as far as feelings is concerned that's why he is not such a good prophet.
    Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boneapart
    @Japeto:
    @Japeto said:
    " @napoleon said:
    "

"
    I second that! Anyway going back to the topic yes you're right I think Magneto's EGO is a problem when it comes his racist philosophy but he is a human as far as feelings is concerned that's why he is not such a good prophet. "
    The fact that he's human doesnt make him any less of a prophet because his race arnt treated like humans. The fact that his racism is hypocritical doesnt change the fact that humans opress mutant. Is mosses any less a prophet for declaring war on Egypt to let his people go, techincly the jews and Egyptians are both children of God and are human, but it doesnt change the fact that without mosses actions a people would remain opressed. its the same with mags, if he didnt do what he does then hundreds if not thousands of mutant would have been imprisoned or killed, witch is only slightly worse than how they live anyway. Everything that magneto does is completely justified for the pursuit of freedom
    Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Japeto
    @napoleon said:
    " @Japeto:
    @Japeto said:
    " @napoleon said:
    "

"
    I second that! Anyway going back to the topic yes you're right I think Magneto's EGO is a problem when it comes his racist philosophy but he is a human as far as feelings is concerned that's why he is not such a good prophet. "
    The fact that he's human doesnt make him any less of a prophet because his race arnt treated like humans. The fact that his racism is hypocritical doesnt change the fact that humans opress mutant. Is mosses any less a prophet for declaring war on Egypt to let his people go, techincly the jews and Egyptians are both children of God and are human, but it doesnt change the fact that without mosses actions a people would remain opressed. its the same with mags, if he didnt do what he does then hundreds if not thousands of mutant would have been imprisoned or killed, witch is only slightly worse than how they live anyway. Everything that magneto does is completely justified for the pursuit of freedom "
    I dont think whatever Magnus does is justified, Magnus is not a saint and we all know that anyway I agree with you up to a point what I meant is that Magnus as a human (mutant) has limitations and his character sometimes doesn't help. I'm not saying he just make mistakes and his philosophy is useless far from that he at least does something but he is a human (as far as feelings) with all that entails.
    Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Boneapart
    @Japeto: 
    i still believe he's a saint, you can still be a saint if you sin alittle. His heart is in the right place thats what matters, and he has saved so many mutants no one should deny that, yes he has used aggresive methods, but i belive it is all justified. H e is not a racist he's a realist, the fact is all governments and nearly every human would be happy if mutants died and its simple because their superiour, there is no arrogance admiting the truth. 

he is a saint, he's a tainted messiah.  
    he's a freedom fighter and he's doing all he can. H e's doing the sort of stuff that any sane man would do if they're family was going to be exterminated 
    I see no fault with his point of view. His agogance and pigheadedness are not an issue and they are only the result of a man who throught his life was called a nothing and now he knows he is so much more
    Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Japeto
    @napoleon said:
    " @Japeto:  i still believe he's a saint, you can still be a saint if you sin alittle. His heart is in the right place thats what matters, and he has saved so many mutants no one should deny that, yes he has used aggresive methods, but i belive it is all justified. H e is not a racist he's a realist, the fact is all governments and nearly every human would be happy if mutants died and its simple because their superiour, there is no arrogance admiting the truth.  he is a saint, he's a tainted messiah.  he's a freedom fighter and he's doing all he can. H e's doing the sort of stuff that any sane man would do if they're family was going to be exterminated I see no fault with his point of view. His agogance and pigheadedness are not an issue and they are only the result of a man who throught his life was called a nothing and now he knows he is so much more "
    I agree with you really I love Magneto as well but he is no a saint, aggresive methods are not justified to me but that's my opinion. 
    Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Boneapart
    @Japeto:
    im not going to argue against your opinion, but i belive what ever method works to sucure a just outcome it is just. Im not saying blind murder is acceptable, but people cant just sit around and do nothing as the wicked destroy everything good.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Your right! Magneto is a fraud and an abuser!  ALL HAIL APOCALYPSE!! XD 

Look apon the future....and tremble!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.