Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5887 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Is magneto an omega mutant?

• 77 results
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Valtot said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: neither can be while they aernt immortal and/or have physicaly bodies "
    Points to her post about X-Men: The End. And that's not necessarily a pre-requisite.  

@Son Of Storm: Ohhhhhhh. I remember that. And Wolvie was her caretaker. Sooooooooo sweet. Her fight with the Super-Skrull was completely badass.  "
    She did the same thing in X-Women. But that wasn't canon either :(. The only reason I sad was because of that feat BTW.

I can hear them now. Prepare little spirit.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mercy_
    @Son Of Storm: Holds on tightly, preparing for the coming storm.  

See what I did there? :P
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm:  Its probable whoever put her entry in whatever Marvel database was going off CC's interviews for New Excalibur. 

Possibly. But if that's the case then Storm should have power equal to Phoenix by now... "
     What do you mean? The poster recalled seeing Dazzler listed as an Omega, do you doubt their accuracy and think they saw Dagger instead or something? lol It has no actual bearing on what gets actually written, confirmed, shown, suggested, and importantly intended. Storm was written, confirmed, shown, suggested and intended to have power equal to Phoenix? Thats quite a specific leap unless you were referring jokingly to our other conversation that time? lol In which case I am far too serious to appreciate jokes.  "
    In an interview CC stated that Storm had raw power equal to Phoenix.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Valtot
    @Son Of Storm:
    storm has the raw power equal to a universe buster?>>>><<<< thats screwed up probalby ment to a pheonix avatar with a tiny fraction of it
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Son Of Storm: Holds on tightly, preparing for the coming storm.   See what I did there? :P "
    Yes. LOL.
    @Valtot said:
    " @Son Of Storm: storm has the raw power equal to a universe buster?>>>><<<< thats screwed up probalby ment to a pheonix avatar with a tiny fraction of it "

Hey don't you think I know that. What I'm saying is that if we go off of writer interviews we'd have WAY more omega's.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#56  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm:  And since thats a direct comparison, when he said Storm, did he mean, Storm all the time, Storm in a certain mode, and by Phoenix did he mean, Phoenix Force, Jean with Phoenix, Green, Red, Violet, Beige? Phoenix before it was retconned to have aided Galactus rebirth, after, and about a thousand other variables that the simple statement holds but could vary? You get what I mean? Under that basis, it would probably be okay if on her Marvel Database entry, using the same objective principle, you would find a statement comparing Storms power to Phoenixes. No big deal. Sentry's power on one database, compared him in power to Silver Surfer and Phoenix, leading to a bunch of hilarious assumptions.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm:  And since thats a direct comparison, when he said Storm, did he mean, Storm all the time, Storm in a certain mode, and by Phoenix did he mean, Phoenix Force, Jean with Phoenix, Green, Red, Violet, Beige? Phoenix before it was retconned to have aided Galactus rebirth, after, and about a thousand other variables that the simple statement holds but could vary? You get what I mean? Under that basis, it would probably be okay if on her Marvel Database entry, using the same objective principle, you would find a statement comparing Storms power to Phoenixes. No big deal. Sentry's power on one database, compared him in power to Silver Surfer and Phoenix, leading to a bunch of hilarious assumptions. "
    LOL. Dude calm down. It's NOTHING to be taken seriously. Only the fanboys use it as 100% to CLAIM that Storm could beat Phoenix. But I believe that CC was interviews after he did the Rogue Storm thing. Which was SUPPOSED to be Storm's version of Dark Phoenix. But after he left nothing was said about it again. Even when he came back nothing was said about it. He saw what the "nigh unlimited" power did for Jean's appearances in the comics and dropped it. Which I am forever grateful he did.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm: Wait, so your taking an explanation of what one poster said they saw on a database, that has probably been changed and updated to not include that reference anymore, as that poster enforcing the opinion of that character being an Omega? Writers interviews are important, without it, we would have a class of power ABOVE, Omega, because Brubaker didn't actually know what that term meant, and made Vulcan that, and it was sorted out though interviews. How does a reference to a generic and unexplained power class, compare to a direct character to character comparison. Especially when you measure things objectively. (Its almost impossible two characters have the actual same power level, but direct character comparisons are not meant to be taken that literally. Like absolutely literally. 
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm: Wait, so your taking an explanation of what one poster said they saw on a database, that has probably been changed and updated to not include that reference anymore, as that poster enforcing the opinion of that character being an Omega? Writers interviews are important, without it, we would have a class of power ABOVE, Omega, because Brubaker didn't actually know what that term meant, and made Vulcan that, and it was sorted out though interviews. How does a reference to a generic and unexplained power class, compare to a direct character to character comparison. Especially when you measure things objectively. (Its almost impossible two characters have the actual same power level, but direct character comparisons are not meant to be taken that literally. Like absolutely literally.  "
    It has been updated and the characters that aren't supposed to be there have been removed. But that interview with CC for Storm was never used as reference. 

I'm not saying they aren't important. I'm saying when the writer says something in an interview then completely drops the idea. THAT'S when the interview is meaningless.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm:  And since thats a direct comparison, when he said Storm, did he mean, Storm all the time, Storm in a certain mode, and by Phoenix did he mean, Phoenix Force, Jean with Phoenix, Green, Red, Violet, Beige? Phoenix before it was retconned to have aided Galactus rebirth, after, and about a thousand other variables that the simple statement holds but could vary? You get what I mean? Under that basis, it would probably be okay if on her Marvel Database entry, using the same objective principle, you would find a statement comparing Storms power to Phoenixes. No big deal. Sentry's power on one database, compared him in power to Silver Surfer and Phoenix, leading to a bunch of hilarious assumptions. "
    LOL. Dude calm down. It's NOTHING to be taken seriously. Only the fanboys use it as 100% to CLAIM that Storm could beat Phoenix. But I believe that CC was interviews after he did the Rogue Storm thing. Which was SUPPOSED to be Storm's version of Dark Phoenix. But after he left nothing was said about it again. Even when he came back nothing was said about it. He saw what the "nigh unlimited" power did for Jean's appearances in the comics and dropped it. Which I am forever grateful he did. "

Oh, I am jolly well not going to CALM DOWN. NO WAY. lol

(Why do people always assume other people are so serious, I enjoy and have fun with this stuff, seems like projection sometimes?) 

People should take whatever they want to take seriously lol, but I honestly think your understanding of that reference is flawed, Storm's version of Dark Phoenix sounds like a story comparison, not a power comparison, so are you sure you are not just personally hung up on what some 'Storm fanboys', as you might call them think and hold as the truth? When CC did come back, he sort of did have a Storm Dark Phoenix story, when she threatened the Earth, but under manipulation. I am not convinced he dropped it at all, more that you are allowing 'Storm fanboy's' to project onto what he meant with a comparison. 
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC said:

but I honestly think your understanding of that reference is flawed,

Nope it's pretty clear.

Storm's version of Dark Phoenix sounds like a story comparison, not a power comparison,

It was a power comparison.

so are you sure you are not just personally hung up on what some 'Storm fanboys', as you might call them think and hold as the truth?

What do you mean?

When CC did come back, he sort of did have a Storm Dark Phoenix story, when she threatened the Earth, but under manipulation.

That was completely different from what he did as Rogue Storm. When she tried to destroy the world 1)It wasn't "her" doing. 2)Her powers were being boosted. 3)She almost died..
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm: Wait, so your taking an explanation of what one poster said they saw on a database, that has probably been changed and updated to not include that reference anymore, as that poster enforcing the opinion of that character being an Omega? Writers interviews are important, without it, we would have a class of power ABOVE, Omega, because Brubaker didn't actually know what that term meant, and made Vulcan that, and it was sorted out though interviews. How does a reference to a generic and unexplained power class, compare to a direct character to character comparison. Especially when you measure things objectively. (Its almost impossible two characters have the actual same power level, but direct character comparisons are not meant to be taken that literally. Like absolutely literally.  "
    It has been updated and the characters that aren't supposed to be there have been removed. But that interview with CC for Storm was never used as reference. 

I'm not saying they aren't important. I'm saying when the writer says something in an interview then completely drops the idea. THAT'S when the interview is meaningless.
    "

Of course, who is disputing that? That interview with CC and Storm, has NEVER been used for a reference in any Marvel database? The point is, that it could have been. It doesn't make it accurate or not accurate.  

Its meaninglessness is relative no? If contradicted, then it might become meaningless. If CC said Emma was a natural blond, but it was retconned later, his interview comment is meaningless. Cannonball and his Externals status, is still sort of iffy. Completely different situation. To me, it seems almost like you would not use discretion to distinguish what is dropped and the nature of the specifics. Some writers know their their X-History (including what other writers intended) and use it, others don't, it matters differently. 
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC said:
    " @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC said:

"
     Of course, who is disputing that? That interview with CC and Storm, has NEVER been used for a reference in any Marvel database? The point is, that it could have been. It doesn't make it accurate or not accurate.   Its meaninglessness is relative no? If contradicted, then it might become meaningless. If CC said Emma was a natural blond, but it was retconned later, his interview comment is meaningless. Cannonball and his Externals status, is still sort of iffy. Completely different situation. To me, it seems almost like you would not use discretion to distinguish what is dropped and the nature of the specifics. Some writers know their their X-History (including what other writers intended) and use it, others don't, it matters differently.  "
    How could it have been used as a reference? Anyone who has ever read X-men knows that Storm is NOWHERE near Phoenix. Green, white, or any other color.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC said:

but I honestly think your understanding of that reference is flawed,

Nope it's pretty clear.

Storm's version of Dark Phoenix sounds like a story comparison, not a power comparison,

It was a power comparison.

so are you sure you are not just personally hung up on what some 'Storm fanboys', as you might call them think and hold as the truth?

What do you mean?

When CC did come back, he sort of did have a Storm Dark Phoenix story, when she threatened the Earth, but under manipulation.

That was completely different from what he did as Rogue Storm. When she tried to destroy the world 1)It wasn't "her" doing. 2)Her powers were being boosted. 3)She almost died.. "

Don't be defensive please, IF, you are, especially if you want to call people serious lol, okay, well if you wish, clarify what I asked before, did CC compare standard Storm, to Jean with Phoenix, Jean as Dark Phoenix, The Phoenix Force itself, after its first retcon, before? Standard Jean? If your understanding is clear and you know its a power reference. Phoenix was initially suppose to beat Thor or Silver Surfer but wasn't allowed to, because "they were too powerful" use Firelord instead. CC's definition of Phoenix was the same? More? 

You brought up Storm fanboy's use this reference as proof Storm can beat Phoenix, but how did they get introduced into this discussion? How do Storm fanboy's know what CC's intentions and explicit meaning with his statements are?  Then you insert by "But I believe that CC was" which is good, since you aren't pretending to know you know exactly what CC may have meant with his statements, which to me, makes your other statements puzzling. Hence my reference to them as flawed.  

You use the word different by selective focusing on the differences rather than the similarities obviously, In that sense, of course its obviously different. Storm has white hair, another difference? Amazing right lol, but CC probably still got to write the Storm going Dark Phoenix he envisioned, of course not exactly, but still, thats his MO to a Tee. So it looks like you are right, CC never intended for Storm to destroy a star killing Billions and have a heartfelt moment with Cyclops on the moon. 
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC 
    I came off as defensive?

This is what CC said then about Storm.

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

This is what I'm going off of. Or lack thereof.

You use the word different by selective focusing on the differences rather than the similarities obviously, In that sense, of course its obviously different. Storm has white hair, another difference? Amazing right lol, but CC probably still got to write the Storm going Dark Phoenix he envisioned, of course not exactly, but still, thats his MO to a Tee. So it looks like you are right, CC never intended for Storm to destroy a star killing Billions and have a heartfelt moment with Cyclops on the moon.  

I don't know what you're trying to do but my point is. CC never did anything to bring up RS after he left from Marvel and came back. He's had MULTIPLE chances to even reference it. Yet nothing has happened. Which is why I think he dropped it. You're using this thing with what happened with Rachel and it's completely against what RS was supposed to represent.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " How could it have been used as a reference? Anyone who has ever read X-men knows that Storm is NOWHERE near Phoenix. Green, white, or any other color. "

Easily, useable as a reference. The english language is extremely malleable and filled with little odd quirks in that way. Intent is king, and even that doesn't matter. Green Phoenix wasn't really that strong, she used to faint a lot. She also held back a lot too. A Storm considered to be using her powers in a highly emotional state could easily be compared to that version as well as have that version used as reference for power, especially in comics, especially by CC lol
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC 
    I came off as defensive?

This is what CC said then about Storm.

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

This is what I'm going off of. Or lack thereof.

I don't know what you're trying to do but my point is. CC never did anything to bring up RS after he left from Marvel and came back. He's had MULTIPLE chances to even reference it. Yet nothing has happened. Which is why I think he dropped it. You're using this thing with what happened with Rachel and it's completely against what RS was supposed to represent. "

A tiny bit, but I admit I could be off completely. I do have a tendency to sound unintentionally insulting so maybe I am just responding to the replies of myself. lol 

Oh see, that makes sense to me, he sounds like he is comparing Storm to Jean as Green Phoenix. What he says there makes sense, but says nothing of how he might compare Storm to Dark Phoenix capable of devouring stars, and so on. Sounds more like their default standard powers at that time (I am guessing when both we used regularly in each issue) 

My point is, I am questioning what you consider to be "Rogue Storm" as compared to what Chris Claremont considered or considers Rogue Storm. I am not insisting the thing with Rachel, was his original story, I am just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it was or resembled it. It demonstrated Storm with great, destructive power, out of control, how could that differ to his original story? As compared to Jean's story (which wasn't her own natural power either)
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @SC
    No. Not at all :P.

But you see RS was all about Storm having unlimited power and accessing it. Not having someone else boost her power. The two stories were completely different. And since CC wrote both. I'm inclined to believe that RS and "RachelStorm" were two completely different ideas.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @SC
    No. Not at all :P.

But you see RS was all about Storm having unlimited power and accessing it. Not having someone else boost her power. The two stories were completely different. And since CC wrote both. I'm inclined to believe that RS and "RachelStorm" were two completely different ideas.
    "

Unlimited power is relative and well again, an argument of semantics. Similar how one accesses there own power and is boosted. To what extent the boost as well. Natural limits vs actual limits. The point here though i wish to make, is that I agree with your choice of words here. That you are inclined to believe that they were different, because I can't actually gather that direct difference from what CC has said, and thats what I dispute, but I don't really care to much about this subject to have my own solid opinion. and maybe CC really intended Storm to start going around and eating stars or something? Or what ever your longer and more detailed interpretation of what he has said entails. Since I don't actually know what that is, I can't agree or disagree really. If I knew, I would probably agree with you, but, still find a way to make what he said compatible with how writers intent even if not realized, can help, depending on the context. Yey, I think we crossed that magical threshold where we both agree at the important parts and disagree at the parts where there is proper room to disagree by right of opinion and limited objective information.  

^_^
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By mrtrickster
    @Son Of Storm said:
    " @mrtrickster said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Valtot said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: yep limitless potential with each having the capability to have immortality "
    That, too. But I was more talking about the amount of Greys and Summers that were showing up.  

@mrtrickster said:
    " @Valtot:  x-men 198 files
    "
    Crap. I read that a year ago and no longer own it. But it would make sense with her resurrection capabilities..and her other powers, now that I think of it.  "
    actually now I think of it, I remember seeing dazzler being omega mutant at marvel database, never saw on panel evidence of her being omega level. but her power base could make her potentially be one "
    That really isn't accurate. I remember I saw Cyclops, Storm, Magneto, and even Pixie. "

nah none of them listed omega-level in that site, they only list nine people http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants
    Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Powerzone789

ok, you are all dumb...it is stated that an omega level mutant can be classified if he has complete control over an element like iceman. magneto controls magnetism, of course he's an omega level mutant. and franklin richards and x-man are the most powerful..nuff said
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Well.....I really don't know.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By Gambit1024

The people of Marvel should just sit down and come up with official mutant rankings. 

GHoST2130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GHoST2130

omega-level mutants are defined by limitless power basically they are no longer limited by anything, example Vulcan can use his powers to rebuild his own body. Magneto has powers that constitute an omega-level mutant, but he is limited by the fact that his body is human, so he cant access his powers to there fullest extent without hurting himself, it has in fact been stated that his "bouts of madness" were due to using his powers on such a large scale that it threw off his brain chemistry resulting in his personality jumps, he has actually burned out his powers before. Magneto is very powerful, but he is just on the edge of being omega-level, hes close just not there.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SC  Moderator

There is no consistent objectively defined criteria for what an Omega mutant is. Some fans and some fan sites have attempted to create a criteria based on what characters have been confirmed as Omega mutants, and some can be well reasoned, but many are just daft, and thats about. Some writers have even postulated what they think constitutes a Omega mutant, but even then all the ones I have seen have been more than happy to admit they were just weighing in based on what they know as opposed to defining the term, the term created from who I recall, Chris Claremont. One thing that we know about the term is that a character doesn't have to always be an Omega to be an Omega. We also know that Chris Claremont wrote Magneto as an Omega level mutant in X-Men the End, an alt reality future reality. His powers were vastly different as well. So like all things fictional, the potential for change is there, but as of current, it is unlikely that he is, seeing as no writers have written or claimed he is. Personally I think that the character is better off not being an Omega level mutant.      

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Powerzone789 said:

ok, you are all dumb...it is stated that an omega level mutant can be classified if he has complete control over an element like iceman. magneto controls magnetism, of course he's an omega level mutant. and franklin richards and x-man are the most powerful..nuff said

..............................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ghost_rider1
    @White Mage

@Powerzone789 said:

..............................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Magneto is not omega....he is an alpha level mutant. Omega means u have potential for limitless power. For example the only limit to their power is their imagination. Iceman jus dnt manipulate ice. He can create ice out of nowhere. And make it take any form he wants. Like I said, it is limited to their imagination. Magneto can't create magnetism out of nwhere. If there was no magnetic field on earth or any metal around then he would be defenseless. There has to be some kind of metal or magnetic field for his powers to work. He isn't omega level
    Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Hyperlight

Magneto has very high limits with his powers but his potential is still definite. If he wa an omega level mutant he would be scared of jean because im sure hes much more competent in using his powers than she is at hers.

Gotta love him though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.