Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5887 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Is it plausible?

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeanlucpicard

In the past I've argued with my friend ( a logical stand point) about Magneto beating hulk via controlling the iron in his blood, is it even possible seeing how The bigger hulk gets the more blood he has. I'm also assuming hulk has iron in his freaky blood. I just think that magneto beats hulk at the very least 9 times out of 10.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Hulk would break Magneto like a glass doll.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Edamame said:
    " @TheCrowbar said:
    " Hulk would break Magneto like a glass doll. "
    Why couldn't Magneto rip the Hulk in half? Also, Magneto's shields have withstood the detonation of two nuclear weapons. Can the Hulk punch harder than that? "
    The Hulk is nigh unstoppable, which was the premise of world war hulk.
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Aiden Cross

Magneto would win. However with the amazing healing factor the hulk has and the durability... i'm not sure the iron in the blood trick would work.

bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bag_o_x_men

Magneto's shields can easily withstand attacks from Hulk.  Hulk's durability is probably too high to tear him apart, and even if Mags did, Hulk's hf is good enough that he'd probably heal in a matter of minutes.  Mags can beat Hulk easily via BFR, however.

Xmen_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Xmen_forever
    @jeanlucpicard said:

"In the past I've argued with my friend ( a logical stand point) about Magneto beating hulk via controlling the iron in his blood, is it even possible seeing how The bigger hulk gets the more blood he has. I'm also assuming hulk has iron in his freaky blood. I just think that magneto beats hulk at the very least 9 times out of 10. "

Iron is what gives the blood its red color, and I'm almost sure the Hulk has green blood witch has copper instead. Copper isn't magnetic so Magneto may not be able to control it as well as iron, and probably can't use it to control someone as strong as the hulk. Magneto's shields would be able to hold up at first, but with the Hulks healing and stamina, he would eventually get tired and lower his shields. With all respect to Magneto, without more metal for him to work with, the Hulk would win.  
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@Xmen_forever said:

@jeanlucpicard said:

"In the past I've argued with my friend ( a logical stand point) about Magneto beating hulk via controlling the iron in his blood, is it even possible seeing how The bigger hulk gets the more blood he has. I'm also assuming hulk has iron in his freaky blood. I just think that magneto beats hulk at the very least 9 times out of 10. "

Iron is what gives the blood its red color, and I'm almost sure the Hulk has green blood witch has copper instead. Copper isn't magnetic so Magneto may not be able to control it as well as iron, and probably can't use it to control someone as strong as the hulk. Magneto's shields would be able to hold up at first, but with the Hulks healing and stamina, he would eventually get tired and lower his shields. With all respect to Magneto, without more metal for him to work with, the Hulk would win.

His blood is green because it's "gamma-irradiated". Copper can't carry Oxygen like Iron can, entirely different electron configuration and oxidation states.

Besides, what about Magneto's control over the EM spectrum? I'm sure gamma ray manipulation would do something to Hulk.

Avatar image for alex_tides145210
    Alex_Tides145210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alex_Tides145210

Can someone please explain to me how powerful Magneto's shield is? i know he stopped a couple nukes and blocked the phoenix force for a few seconds but could it stopp the hulk? how does it even work and can he multi task while using the shield, like put up the shield and throw a bus for example

Xmen_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Xmen_forever

@John Valentine said:

@Xmen_forever said:

@jeanlucpicard said:

Iron is what gives the blood its red color, and I'm almost sure the Hulk has green blood witch has copper instead. Copper isn't magnetic so Magneto may not be able to control it as well as iron, and probably can't use it to control someone as strong as the hulk. Magneto's shields would be able to hold up at first, but with the Hulks healing and stamina, he would eventually get tired and lower his shields. With all respect to Magneto, without more metal for him to work with, the Hulk would win.

His blood is green because it's "gamma-irradiated". Copper can't carry Oxygen like Iron can, entirely different electron configuration and oxidation states.

Besides, what about Magneto's control over the EM spectrum? I'm sure gamma ray manipulation would do something to Hulk.

I think you're right.

Although there are animals that have copper based blood as apposed to our iron based blood, which makes their blood blueish-green, this kind of blood is less used for oxygen transport because these animals are small. The Hulk is not. So the hulk probably does have iron blood, but as I said in my first post I don't think that Magneto can control it enough to do any serious damage to The Hulk (or rather he would be able to but it would put too mach stress on him).

As about the EM spectrum. Magneto does have control over it (gamma-radiation is even mentioned is his Powers on this site), however controlling other forms of EM should be really hard for him, especially gamma-rays which are at the end of the spectrum. I don't know what a little change in The Hulks gamma-radiation would do, but I think nothing since it isn't actual gamma-rays but rather gamma-radiated blood.

@Alex_Tides145210:

Magneto has almost infinite power (electromagnetism is the third most powerful force), and thus can theoretically use his shield to block anything. However, he does have a limitation. Extreme use of his power puts a lot of stress on his nervous system which can cause unconsciousness. He would be able to uphold his shield for some time against The Hulk, but not for too long and without more metal to work with he wouldn't be able to do much damage.

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that Rulk was able to absorb Hulk's Gamma powers (making him Banner) Magneto can theoretically do the same thing, causing Hulk to become Banner.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.