How are magneto's power are limitless?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

so....?

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

He does have limits. Mainly do the strain it takes on his body.

#3 Posted by Alexandria Cromwell (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"He does have limits. Mainly do the strain it takes on his body."

Is that why he looks like a bag of rusty nails?

#4 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

How does he use his powers which make it limitless?

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Porter says:
"How does he use his powers which make it limitless?"

he affects eletromagnetic fields...

these fields are what holds atoms together, if he had enough control he could literally rip someone apart atom by atom...

of course, the strain of that would probably kill him...

or he could just reverse the magnetic fields of the earth, killing everyone on the planet, or alter the geomagnetic field of the sun that keeps us in orbit...

would you like me to go on?

M"

Would it really kill him he did after all take the metal from wolverines bones out and the admantium is merged with his bones i think.

As for his power being limitless its not. Its like cyclops or Quasar. You can say they have limiteless power but they won't be able to use it all up so it can be counted as limiteless. But as far as the human body goes the strain stops them from using full potential.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Porter says:

"How does he use his powers which make it limitless?"

he affects eletromagnetic fields...

these fields are what holds atoms together, if he had enough control he could literally rip someone apart atom by atom...

of course, the strain of that would probably kill him...

or he could just reverse the magnetic fields of the earth, killing everyone on the planet, or alter the geomagnetic field of the sun that keeps us in orbit...

would you like me to go on?

M

#8 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto is a b!tch....

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i remember that thread, it was awesome :p

M

#10 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you....

#11 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"Storm is a b!tch...."

Agreed

#12 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"weather witch says:
"Storm is a b!tch...."
Agreed"

one of the reasons i love u so much!!! ;)

#13 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"Gambler says:
"weather witch says:
"Storm is a b!tch...."
Agreed"

one of the reasons i love u so much!!! ;)"

Get in line.

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO

#15 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"weather witch says:
"Gambler says:
"weather witch says:
"magneto is a b!tch...."
Agreed"
Get in line."

line? dont think so...i push b!tches out the way!!!

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

weather witch says:

"Gambler says:
"weather witch says:
"Storm is a b!tch...."
Agreed"

and i thought it was the image of Gambler in a skirt that did it for you...

M

#17 Posted by weather witch (3188 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"weather witch says:
"Gambler says:
"weather witch says:
"magneto is a b!tch...."
Agreed"
and i thought it was the image of Gambler in a skirt that did it for you... M"
WHAT!!! LOL man i gotta see that lol
Post Edited:2008-03-04 22:51:00
#18 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

The scale, the amount of power he can wield has definite limits (which are pretty impressive in and of itself) but the range, the number of things he can do by controlling Electromagnetism, one of the Four Foundation Forces of the Universe, is practically limitless.
Post Edited:2008-03-08 11:32:27

#19 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexandria Cromwell says:

"Gambler says:
"He does have limits. Mainly do the strain it takes on his body."

Is that why he looks like a bag of rusty nails?"

I love when young people assume sliver hair equals "ugly old man".

Does this look like an ugly old man to you?

Like Pietro, Magneto has always been silver haired. Due to the de-aging at the hand of Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, at most physically he is in his early 40's. Slightly younger than Mr. Clooney above.

#20 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

A few texts (like those in the OHOTMU) state that he is not as powerful as the Silver Surfer, even after his regeneration.

I put the text below for consideration,

"Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erec! magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating groat amounts of magnetic forces."

#21 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

And that description was written back in 1984. He's displayed more varied feats than than those since. :-)

But as that says, and as his description here says, "for all practical purposes limitless." simply because of the nature of he power he controls.

Post Edited:2008-03-10 03:25:14

#22 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"And that description was written back in 1984. He's displayed more varied feats than than those since. :-) But as that says, and as his description here says, "for all practical purposes limitless." simply because of the nature of he power he controls.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 03:25:14"

Agreed. Against lower power level beings his power is practically limitless. Against beings like SS or Graviton, Magneto's limits would start to show as although he has significant endurance, he is still human and there are limits to the amount of weight etc that he can move.

Graviton can move a lot more and SS would tire out.

#23 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

Agreed. Against lower power level beings his power is practically limitless. Against beings like SS or Graviton, Magneto's limits would start to show as although he has significant endurance, he is still human and there are limits to the amount of weight etc that he can move.Graviton can move a lot more and SS would tire out."

The interesting thing about Gravity: When you compare it to the other three Universal Forces, strong nuclear bonds, weak nuclear bonds, and electromagnetism, it's actually pretty weak.

For instance, one example I saw used was if you jump off a building, if gravity was the overwhelming force, you would continue to fall through the pavement to the center of the earth. But the electromagnetic force of the electrons of the cement repelling the electrons of your body bring you to a sudden, and painful and messy, halt.

Now granted, a supervillain like Graviton can create very strong gravitational fields, but that's really it isn't it? EM force actually controls a lot more what we see in physics and therefore has many, many more applications.

So while Graviton can lift more, Magneto has a multitude of options open to him to kick his backside. That's where the "potentially limitless" applies. Not so much in sheer power, but in number of applications. I mean good lord, the guy just started playing around with space-time. Yeek.

(Though I would also point out that Magneto's range far surpasses Graviton's. Graviton can affect a three mile radius. Magneto has affected the EM field on a planetary scale a couple times.)

As for the Silver Surfer, that's "the Power Cosmic". A whole 'nother playing field.

Post Edited:2008-03-10 03:52:36

#24 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"The_Creator says:
Agreed. Against lower power level beings his power is practically limitless. Against beings like SS or Graviton, Magneto's limits would start to show as although he has significant endurance, he is still human and there are limits to the amount of weight etc that he can move. Graviton can move a lot more and SS would tire out. "
The interesting thing about Gravity: When you compare it to the other three Universal Forces, strong nuclear bonds, weak nuclear bonds, and electromagnetism, it's actually pretty weak. For instance, one example I saw used was if you jump off a building, if gravity was the overwhelming force, you would continue to fall through the pavement to the center of the earth. But the electromagnetic force of the electrons of the cement repelling the electrons of your body bring you to a sudden, and painful and messy, halt. Now granted, a supervillain like Graviton can create *very* strong gravitational fields, but that's really it isn't it? EM force actually controls a lot more what we see in physics and therefore has many, many more applications. So while Graviton can lift more, Magneto has a multitude of options open to him to kick his backside. That's where the "potentially limitless" applies. Not so much in sheer power, but in number of applications. I mean good lord, the guy just started playing around with space-time. Yeek. (Though I would also point out that Magneto's range far surpasses Graviton's. Graviton can affect a three mile radius. Magneto has affected the EM field on a planetary scale a couple times.) As for the Silver Surfer, that's "the Power Cosmic". A whole 'nother playing field.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 03:52:36"

Thats where I do think think about the difference between sheer power vs versatility, for describing if a power is limitless.

As a scientist dealing with the real world I know what you say to be correct about forces but it is the use of the word limitless that worries me.

The text I presented I think goes to show that on a day to day basis, involving fights where cars get thrown around Magneto's ability is limitless as he was shown to lift a 30,000 tonne vessel. Hence a car is but 1/45,000 of that. So virtually negligible.

From looking at their scope Magneto's powers do seem to more versatile but are far less in scope (raw power) to Gravitons who can lift a land mass around 29 million tonnes.

What is limitless ?

Limitless only applies if you have not yet discovered your limits.

In this case Magneto has. There is a defined range over which his powers work. There are defined weights and all this is also tempered by his human fraility.

So to my mind, his powers are not limitless. They are extremely high in scope and broad of versatility but there are notable characters that exceed him in either/both raw power or versatility.

#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Limitless merely means you can never exhaust all your powers lol.Quasar graviton and many others.

#26 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

Thats where I do think think about the difference between sheer power vs versatility, for describing if a power is limitless.As a scientist dealing with the real world I know what you say to be correct about forces but it is the use of the word limitless that worries me.The text I presented I think goes to show that on a day to day basis, involving fights where cars get thrown around Magneto's ability is limitless as he was shown to lift a 30,000 tonne vessel. Hence a car is but 1/45,000 of that. So virtually negligible.From looking at their scope Magneto's powers do seem to more versatile but are far less in scope (raw power) to Gravitons who can lift a land mass around 29 million tonnes.What is limitless ?Limitless only applies if you have not yet discovered your limits.In this case Magneto has. There is a defined range over which his powers work. There are defined weights and all this is also tempered by his human fraility.So to my mind, his powers are not limitless. They are extremely high in scope and broad of versatility but there are notable characters that exceed him in either/both raw power or versatility."

First of all, considering Magneto is still exploring the application of his powers and still coming up with new ways to use them, he has not actually discovered his limits yet. You want to limit it "limitless" to the amount of power a character slings around when the bio makes clear it is talking about applications, which Magneto has not found his limits yet and characters have speculated that he may be capable of doing anything.

Professor X: “By token, magnetism is one of the four foundation elements of the physical universe. I doubt Magneto himself even know his limits, or his true potential. I suspect there is literally nothing he could not do.” (Excalibur Vol. 3, #8)

Now, does Marvel say his powers are "for all intensive purposes limitless?" while putting him within a set of characters?

Yes.

Am I sick to death of explaining to newbies that Magneto does a lot more than sling metal around?

Yeah, that too.

Let it stand, because if you don't, I then will have to fill in every feat he has accomplished that is an example of how powerful he is to get the point across rather than borrowing the phrase from the Marvel Handbook which so aptly describes it.

Tell you what, I will submitt it to the mods for arbitration.

zee crusher says:

Limitless merely means you can never exhaust all your powers lol.Quasar graviton and many others.

Well, since Magneto is routing the planetary EM field through his system, his power supply is inexhaustible. He may get fatigued, but his power supply does not.

Post Edited:2008-03-10 10:28:02

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

There's some nice posts in this thread.

#28 Posted by Charmcaster (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There's some nice posts in this thread."

LIKE THIS ONE! :D

#29 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"The_Creator says:
Thats where I do think think about the difference between sheer power vs versatility, for describing if a power is limitless. As a scientist dealing with the real world I know what you say to be correct about forces but it is the use of the word limitless that worries me. The text I presented I think goes to show that on a day to day basis, involving fights where cars get thrown around Magneto's ability is limitless as he was shown to lift a 30,000 tonne vessel. Hence a car is but 1/45,000 of that. So virtually negligible. From looking at their scope Magneto's powers do seem to more versatile but are far less in scope (raw power) to Gravitons who can lift a land mass around 29 million tonnes. What is limitless ? Limitless only applies if you have not yet discovered your limits. In this case Magneto has. There is a defined range over which his powers work. There are defined weights and all this is also tempered by his human fraility. So to my mind, his powers are not limitless. They are extremely high in scope and broad of versatility but there are notable characters that exceed him in either/both raw power or versatility."
First of all, considering Magneto is still exploring the application of his powers and still coming up with new ways to use them, he has not actually discovered his limits yet. You want to limit it "limitless" to the amount of power a character slings around when the bio makes clear it is talking about applications, which Magneto has not found his limits yet and characters have speculated that he may be capable of doing anything. Professor X: “By token, magnetism is one of the four foundation elements of the physical universe. I doubt Magneto himself even know his limits, or his true potential. I suspect there is literally nothing he could not do.” (Excalibur Vol. 3, #8) Now, does Marvel say his powers are "for all intensive purposes limitless?" while putting him within a set of characters? Yes. Am I sick to death of explaining to newbies that Magneto does a lot more than sling metal around? Yeah, that too. Let it stand, because if you don't, I then will have to fill in every feat he has accomplished that is an example of how powerful he is to get the point across rather than borrowing the phrase from the Marvel Handbook which so aptly describes it. Tell you what, I will submitt it to the mods for arbitration. zee crusher says:
Well, since Magneto is routing the planetary EM field through his system, his power supply is inexhaustible. He may get fatigued, but his power supply does not.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 10:28:02"

He won't be able to use it up though. Like cyclops he can knock a whole through onslaughts armor as well as destroy apoc but at the same time knock himself out after the attack.

#30 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, let put it this way:

In Magneto War Magneto took control of the entire planetary EM field (keeping it together after Joseph destroyed the machine Magneto was using to control it), while he fought off a younger, more powerful version of himself (Joseph) and the rest of the X-Men.

In that act, he burned is power out. (Though he did remain conscious, I have in fact never seen Magneto knocked out by over use of his powers.)

He's also partially discorporated a couple times, showing Omega mutant potential.

A Little more powerful than Cyclops I would say.

But once again, you guys are arguing amounts of power, whereas I am arguing number of applications which is what his Comicvine bio states.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 11:42:27

#31 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

" First of all, considering Magneto is still exploring the application of his powers and still coming up with new ways to use them, he has not actually discovered his limits yet "

Very true and I agree completely with you.

" You want to limit it "limitless" to the amount of power a character slings around when the bio makes clear it is talking about applications, which Magneto has not found his limits yet and characters have speculated that he may be capable of doing anything. "

I am simply answering you with thoughts on what I term "limitless".

Scope and variety go together to make this matter up for me. The poster of the thread did not specify that it had to be both or simply one. So this is only my opinion.

" Professor X: “By token, magnetism is one of the four foundation elements of the physical universe. I doubt Magneto himself even know his limits, or his true potential. I suspect there is literally nothing he could not do.” (Excalibur Vol. 3, #8) "

Good quote.

" Now, does Marvel say his powers are "for all intensive purposes limitless?" while putting him within a set of characters? Yes. Am I sick to death of explaining to newbies that Magneto does a lot more than sling metal around? "

I hope you are not accusing me of being a newbie Lol.

Yep. If he complete control of the EM spectrum then it's huge. Radio waves, through the various lights, all the way to Gamma rays. That permits huge versatility – blocking radio and TV broadcasts, emitting penetrating radiations to attack armoured foes, bending light, altering light spectrums to see at night etc.

" Yeah, that too. Let it stand, because if you don't, I then will have to fill in every feat he has accomplished that is an example of how powerful he is to get the point across rather than borrowing the phrase from the Marvel Handbook which so aptly describes it. Tell you what, I will submitt it to the mods for arbitration. "

Actually I would prefer if you were to compile his feats because It will prevent others questioning the extent of his powers in the future, it's a good development to help to compare him to others and (selfishly) helps me on a comicvine project I am working on.

Just 1 last question,

What about if he is not near a planetary EM field . How much of his power level is removed ?

#32 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, first of all, the Magnetosphere of the planet extends far into space.

So he has to get aways away from the planet before his powers are affected.

And he has been shown to manipulate the EM energies of other worlds such as the Stranger's homeworld, and Joseph was able to wield the EM energy of the Shi'ar homeworld. The denser the EM field, the more energy Magneto has to wield.

Now EM energy is omnipresent. It's everywhere. So while in space it would not be as concentrated as it would be near a planetary body with a metal core (like earth), there would still be some EM energy around for Magneto to use.

You want me to compile 40+ years of feats?

Oi!

O.K. I can do that, but let's wait to see what G-Man says. If I were to go this route, Magneto's bio-entry would become very long.

Post Edited:2008-03-10 13:40:34

#33 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Well, first of all, the Magnetosphere of the planet extends far into space. So he has to get aways away from the planet before his powers are affected. And he has been shown to manipulate the EM energies of other worlds such as the Stranger's homeworld, and Joseph was able to wield the EM energy of the Shi'ar homeworld. The denser the EM field, the more energy Magneto has to wield. Now EM energy is omnipresent. It's everywhere. So while in space it would not be as concentrated as it would be near a planetary body with a metal core (like earth), there would still be some EM energy around for Magneto to use. You want me to compile 40+ years of feats? Oi! O.K. I can do that, but let's wait to see what G-Man says. If I were to go this route, Magneto's bio-entry would become very long.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 13:40:34"

I see what you are saying about the magnosphere. There would therfore (and depending upon distance to the nearby planets) be points where his power scope would lower with movement through this or any other solar system.

In between solar systems, in more empty space he would be at his lowest ebb.

I don't recall him having to take that many spaceflights, so for all intents regarding this discussion, he would almost alaways be at full power (and only limited by his endurance/fatigue level).

Excellent points.

Hey, I would encourage all of us to assemble an accurate database of known feats for all characters to better quantify their scope/power level. The one provider I would put on it is that the quotes have to be accurate to the evidence shown as some people can misquote what their eyes are seeing.

#34 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you have any idea what you are asking people to do? Do you have the slightest notion how long some character entries would become just listing feats and references?

For characters like Wonder Woman or Superman or Storm or Magneto, their bio's would go on and on for pages.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 13:59:03

#35 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Do you have any idea what you are asking people to do? Do you have the slightest notion how long some character entries would become just listing feats and references? For characters like Wonder Woman or Superman or Storm or Magneto, their bio's would go on and on for pages.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 13:59:03"

Yes, I do have an idea of the undertaking. A ref to the title and number of the comic and then a short description of the feat (2 - 3 lines).

It's a huge amount of work but then things that are worthwhile are rarely easy.

As for the length of the character entries, not every feat needs to be listed. Only the top end feats that show consistency and the fullest scope of the power would need to be listed as many feats are repeated i.e. Magneto raising a magnetic force field (against most normal attacks or ones encountered regularly).

It is a big undertaking but the benefits are huge. No more scrambling for information on who can do what. It could all be listed on this site.

#36 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the range of feats Magneto and other characters have done over their decades long histories, that's still a lot of work. It's a nice idea (and as mean as this sounds, it might be a nicer suggestion coming from someone who has actually contributed to comic book and character listing), but we would have to put somethng like this up for the mods to rule on because that's going to make bio's very unwieldy.

#37 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Given the range of feats Magneto and other characters have done over their decades long histories, that's *still* a lot of work. It's a nice idea (and as mean as this sounds, it might be a nicer suggestion coming from someone who has actually contributed to comic book and character listing), but we would have to put somethng like this up for the mods to rule on because that's going to make bio's very unwieldy. "

Very true.

Perhaps I will have to correct that.

#38 Edited by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio

One ability that has not been mentioned here is Magneto's ability to open wormholes, black holes, and to heal himself by drawing power and energy from Earth's magnetic field.

And probably electromagnetic static in his brain that shows resistance to telepathic intrusion.

#39 Posted by Ultimate Joker (802 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" One ability that has not been mentioned here is Magneto's ability to open wormholes, black holes, and to heal himself by drawing power and energy from Earth's magnetic field.  And probably electromagnetic static in his brain that shows resistance to telepathic intrusion. "
He can open wormholes, but not blackholes. I have never seen this proven and feel it's just people not knowing the difference. And he indeed CAN resist telepathic intrusions and control just from sheer willpower alone. Throw in the possibility of "static" in the brain since his powers NATURALLY can affect the mind to begin with and he's a hard one to break. His helmet in the 616 comics is rarely ever the cause for his telepathic resistance.
#40 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultimate Joker said:
" @Edamame said:
" One ability that has not been mentioned here is Magneto's ability to open wormholes, black holes, and to heal himself by drawing power and energy from Earth's magnetic field.  And probably electromagnetic static in his brain that shows resistance to telepathic intrusion. "
He can open wormholes, but not blackholes. I have never seen this proven and feel it's just people not knowing the difference. And he indeed CAN resist telepathic intrusions and control just from sheer willpower alone. Throw in the possibility of "static" in the brain since his powers NATURALLY can affect the mind to begin with and he's a hard one to break. His helmet in the 616 comics is rarely ever the cause for his telepathic resistance. "

I kinda half remember him opening a black hole, but I could be wrong.  If there's confusion from anywhere it could be when Xorn was impersonating magneto and he used the black hole in his head.  And yes his helmet has nothing to do with his resistance to tp outside of movies and cartoons.  His resistance could be from either his powers or having telepathy himself.  Both have been used as explanations in comics though I prefer either his EM powers or just plain will power.
#41 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
"his helmet has nothing to do with his resistance to tp outside of movies and cartoons."
This is no longer true, thanks to Matt Fraction. It had been implied during Morrison's run, but it is now fully canon.
#42 Posted by Erik (31672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @yodagod said:
"his helmet has nothing to do with his resistance to tp outside of movies and cartoons."
This is no longer true, thanks to Matt Fraction. It had been implied during Morrison's run, but it is now fully canon. "
Thank god. I was tired of some people saying he had unexplored telepathic powers that rivaled Xavier. 
#43 Posted by Erik (31672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @erik said:
" Thank god. I was tired of some people saying he had unexplored telepathic powers that rivaled Xavier.  "
There is still an argument to be made for that, as Magneto has repelled Xavier and other telepaths on more than one occasion when he was without his helmet. "
Will can account for that I think. 
#44 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

cant think of where, but him blocking out a certain amount of telepathy was once chalked up to that 
after having his mind entered willingly and unwillingly by Xavier in particular in his life, Erik had
developed a level of immunity, sort of like a callous or scar tissue if one will. notable is that in most
instances good telepaths dont push as hard as they can for fear they will damage the mind of the person
in question, in other words scanning differs from attack mode in the way a phaser on Star Trek is set
from stun to kill.

#45 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Will can account for that I think.  "
I disagree, but I don't really care enough to argue.
#46 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @yodagod said:
This is no longer true, thanks to Matt Fraction. It had been implied during Morrison's run, but it is now fully canon. "

Bastard. Screw Matt Fraction.  I love Marvel.  I love many Marvel characters.  I hate  a lot of Marvel writers.
#47 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pania said:
"Now EM energy is omnipresent. It's everywhere."

That's arguable, considering that electromagnetic forces don't interact with dark matter.                                     %Pr
#48 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-level Supreme said:
" That's arguable, considering that electromagnetic forces don't interact with dark matter.                                     %Pr "
Yeah, but who wants to interact with dark matter? If you do, go clean Nibbler's litterbox.
#49 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Omega-level Supreme said:
" That's arguable, considering that electromagnetic forces don't interact with dark matter.                                     %Pr "
Yeah, but who wants to interact with dark matter? If you do, go clean Nibbler's litterbox. "

Hahahahaha!                                         %Pr
#50 Edited by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio

And it is possible that Magneto could manipulate dark matter because dark matter is speculated to be composed of axions, sterlie neutrinos and WIMPs.

@Omega-level Supreme: Better yet, dark energy. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.