Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Does anyone else think Magneto's helmet resembles an Owl?

Avatar image for javierthejackal
    JaviertheJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JaviertheJackal
    No Caption Provided

So the other day I was lounging about, when an owl shaped bookend of mine caught my eye, and I suddenly thought "wow, this thing kinda looks like old Magnus' helmet!" Ever since then I couldn't stop thinking about the symbolism; after all, owls are considered symbols knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, but at the same time, are revered as efficient predators and deadly adversaries, just like Magneto. I feel the comics version, with it's rounded dome appearance, looks more like a barn owl, while the movie version, with those two pointy protrusions that sweep along the sides, looks more like a horned owl. What do you guys think? See any resemblance?

No Caption Provided
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By CATPANEXE

If I stretch it along a cloud, kind of. As for that being the history and design of the helmet/character I don't know. There's probably an article about the design of the characters look and what it represents online somewhere as it relates to artistic ascetic. My connection isn't being cooperative enough with the few links a dug up to help.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Who?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA

i see it

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RoboShark

Good point, never saw that before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.