Do you think Magneto will remain with the X-Men?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll last as long as the creative teams want it to last... and then he'll become a villain again.

But for the time being he's going to remain an 'X-Man' as he's going to be a regular on Rogue's new team.

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16727 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he stays with X-Men. I don't see the point to fight for mutant supremacy in a world where there are less than 200 mutants.
Also, if he stays, we can always wonder what his agenda is.

#4 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty
Eh, hopefully future creative teams will finally grasp what Morrison was trying to communicate in his New X-Men run: Magneto as a villain is redundant.  I, personally, would no longer have respect for Marvel if the Terrorist Formerly Knowns As Max regressed into villainy. 
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

For as long as people have short-term memory loss. The guy's a genocidal nutbag, but meh, it's cool.

#7 Posted by SC (12963 posts) - - Show Bio

About as long as the last time. Then** some hot shot super star writer who only read or cared about the first 100 X-Men issues will come in write his own version of Magneto in either good stories (Morrison) or bad stories (Fraction) and a whole bunch of people will be really fond of these "definitive takes" of the character but ultimately Marvel will retcon those parts if they wrote the character into a corner just like they do with all characters who get written into a corner, because this is the X-Men. First Five, Xavier, Magneto, Second Class, most people buy X-Men for those characters, so its sort of like shooting yourself in the foot. 

**Unless CC makes another temp come back and tries to kill him off again. lulz
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I think something that will be cool.

Is if Magneto plays the X-Men, He is in with them right now, gaining their trust and support. Evetually he will work his way to the leader (and a select few will have issue with this) But most will follow him. And use the X-Men to accomplish his goals, without them being any wiser (outside of a handful of them).

#9 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I like him either way.
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'll stay with the X-Men but the X-Men need to have a split. Lots of them think differently and some are thinking more like Magneto now. And with so few mutants he can't try to fight the world, he needs to protect the few that are left.

#11 Posted by saucyllama (10 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope it sticks. the old battle is just that, old.  whats going on now is a unique approach. yes magneto reformed once before but that was 25 years ago. this is an opperutunity for new readers to get that story. and the pacing seems good.  think how long it took to make emma a good guy.  I think were seeing it now with magneto.  make room for new villans. 

#12 Posted by Dh4niel (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Magneto does stay with the X-Men. He's a great character, and this way we see a lot more of him. 

#13 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure! Why not !?

#14 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto always had shades of grey crossing the line from hero to villain several times. Personally I like Magneto with the X-Men not as a leader, but as a team member and one of the few voices of experience for Cyclops has available to him. 
My hope is the writers might use their creative juices and come up with some new challenges/villains and occasionally dust off the old baddies.

#15 Posted by GHoST2130 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know I kinda wanna go with no, however I don't see Magneto remaining in his current roll in the x-men of zero control hes basically a soldier no I don't see that remaining for much longer

#16 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

It'll last as long as the creative teams want it to last... and then he'll become a villain again.

But for the time being he's going to remain an 'X-Man' as he's going to be a regular on Rogue's new team.

Absolutely right....
#17 Edited by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

He is with the X men but he is not a hero.  
He will remain and now he might be crucial in Schism stuff that is aproaching... 
he has this amazing personality where theres no black or white, only grey... and make decisions is always hard. 
let us see what it will develop 
but i trully hope he remains with the team of good guys.
#18 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he stays. Make some cool villians for the X-men. There is no reason for now for Maggy to turn "bad" again. He was never bad in my opinion. More proactive and ruthless maybe.
#19 Posted by cattlebattle (12696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
I hope he stays. Make some cool villians for the X-men. There is no reason for now for Maggy to turn "bad" again. He was never bad in my opinion. More proactive and ruthless maybe.
This is my problem with current X-Men they keep fighting the same old villains (some in different forms). Create some new ones for Fs sake
#20 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll do his character justice if he doesnt regress to his old evil ways. I still think that he has a lot of repenting to do.
#21 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
This is my problem with current X-Men they keep fighting the same old villains (some in different forms). Create some new ones for Fs sake

Well, we got the Evolotionaries (great story arc). And Vampires... Legion's alter egos. I would love to see the X-men fight other marvel viliians (Loki, Enchantress, Kang, just throwing out names). This Fear Itself arc with Juggy looks very promising.
#22 Edited by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be a villain soon enough.  He's already more or less a villain now.  He's pretty much stuck in Thunderbolts-zone, "forced to work for the good guys", and he's okay with that because he likes mutants. 

It's like when the racist helps you fight against zombies or aliens because they hate zombies or aliens.... they also hate you, but killing you is not in their interest. 

Of course, most racists are stupid.  Magneto is not.

#23 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith said:
He'll be a villain soon enough.  He's already more or less a villain now.  He's pretty much stuck in Thunderbolts-zone, "forced to work for the good guys", and he's okay with that because he likes mutants.  It's like when the racist helps you fight against zombies or aliens because they hate zombies or aliens.... they also hate you, but killing you is not in their interest.  Of course, most racists are stupid.  Magneto is not.

After the last few years in comics, why would Magneto turn villain again? His daughter reeked havoc on reality, his son willing endangered his granddaughter, a majority of his people were robbed of their gifts, including himself for a stint. The status quo has changed, so Magneto playing along with the same rules would just be uninspired. Although I didn't like his characterization in New X-Men, it did glimpse at the stupidity behind keeping Magneto as a villain.    

My posts are so long....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.