do you think magneto has one of the coolest costumes?

#1 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

do you think magneto has one of the coolest costumes?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! But I didn't like the  helmet at first. That kinda grew on me lol

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. He is one of the few guys who can pull off both a helmet, and wearing underoos over his tights. The cape is pretty badass too.

#4 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  that top picture is amazing!
#5 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" @Korg:  that top picture is amazing! "
I agree. It was my desktop wallpaper for a long time.
#6 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  it was the background of my computer:-p
#7 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the helmet

#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" @Korg:  it was the background of my computer:-p "
Same thing.
#9 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I like his costumes that are less skintight. I mean, seriously, the guy's a holocaust survivor. He's freaking old. Realistically, he just wouldn't have the time or energy to maintain the ridiculous muscle mass he's depicted with in all of those sorts of costumes.

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@WoundingFactor said:
" I mean, seriously, the guy's a holocaust survivor. He's freaking old. Realistically, he just wouldn't have the time or energy to maintain the ridiculous muscle mass he's depicted with in all of those sorts of costumes. "
Magneto has been de-aged on more than one occasion, meaning his physical body is nowhere near as old as it should be. The High Evolutionary recently mucked around with his genes as well.
#11 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: And that would make sense, but honestly, look at the top pic you posted. That's the body of a professional bodybuilder. Of course, this is really more of a general gripe than one against Magneto in particular :P

Was the gene-mucking during when he was getting repowered?
#12 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@WoundingFactor said:
" @Korg: And that would make sense, but honestly, look at the top pic you posted. That's the body of a professional bodybuilder. Of course, this is really more of a general gripe than one against Magneto in particular :P  Was the gene-mucking during when he was getting repowered? "
Yes, practically everyone in modern superhero comics looks like a bodybuilder. The gene-mucking is in fact how he regained his powers.
#13 Posted by lorex (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Physique aside I have always like Magneto's look. I especially like when the helmet is doesn't show any of his face except for the eyes.

#14 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

So do you guys like him better as a villain or when he's sort of a hero?
i'm on the fence a bit since he is such a classic villain, but i really liked him on the x-men team during mutant massacre (same goes for a depowered mohawk storm btw)
Could be thats just because that era in x-men history is still my favorite, with the mutant massacre, x-men being based in australia and the inferno storyline. 
Claremont was at his greatest back then if you ask me. 

Still I like Magneto better as a character then Prof X, whom i found pretty much uninteresting in my 20+ years of reading comics.
(damn i'm getting old hahaha)

#15 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how he's drawn. He could do without the underoos though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.