Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

David Goyer Thinks The Magneto Movie Will Happen Soon

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

We've been hearing about a Magneto movie pretty much since X-Men 3 came out.  The last word was pretty much back in April when 
    X-Men/Wolverine producer Lauren Shuler Donner mentioned that they have a 'fantastic' script.

David Goyer recently told MTV that X-Men Origins: Magneto might still get made.  He mentions that there are a lot of X-related movies that are being considered (X-Men: First Class, Wolverine 2 and Deadpool).  

I've been in touch with them. I'm sure that project will move forward in the next year or so.

I've stated before my doubts about a Magneto origins movie.  It feels like we've already seen it (even though it was just a glimpse in the first X-Men movie).  Even Bryan Singer stated he wouldn't be interested if the movie dealt with Magneto's concentration camp history since he'd 'already been there.'

Another question is how involved would David Goyer be?  He's a busy guy these days.  He's a producer on this Fall's "Flash Forward" television show on ABC (which is getting good reviews) along with being involved with the Super Max (Green Arrow) movie and (hopefully) the third Batman movie.

Again I ask, would a Magneto movie work?  Are you interested in seeing his origin on the big screen?  Would his life after the concentration camp be...exciting enough?  I'm willing to give it a chance but I definitely need to to see/hear something big before I get excited over this.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

not sure how excited i am. i think either way it was set in stone awhile ago and believe it will happen.
    I even had a book about Magneto that came with a collectors statue years ago that announced the film was in the works. whether it will rock or suck, have to really wait and see it. im guessing itll probably come off so-so though.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Namor1987

I'd love to see his origins told on the bigscreen & include Scarlet Witch, Polaris, & Quicksilver maybe later on in  the movie to setup for there sequels or have Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver as 1combined movie

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

I would like to see a Magneto movie.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

I've no attraction--pun intended--to a Magneto movie.  You pretty much summed it up, G-Man, and I don't think it would do well at all at the box office.  Wouldn't mind seeing Magneto "fly" otherwise, *meh*.
    Steam Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Steam Punk

This could be awesome, the story is original for a comicbook movie. Kinda like the X-men meets The Pianist

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Im not excited at all...

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By uncanny89

instead of making it about magnetos origins i think they should combine first class and the magneto film to do the very first encounter with magneto i think that would be a very good film, but they should change the characters 

Cyclops 
    Emma (to continue on from wolverine, she would leave towards the end and have an after credits thing of her joinging the hellfire club or discovering it)
    Beast 
    Angel 
    Storm 
    Jean (half way through) 

then on magnetos side 

Magneto 
    Quicksilver 
    Scarlet witch 
    Blob 
    Mystique
    MonicleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MonicleMonkey

i think it would be cool if they not so much told his story in the concentraqtion ca,ps, but more so about his children and about him and his relationship with xavier and how that all changed
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Psyentist
    @Namor1987 said:
    "

I'd love to see his origins told on the bigscreen & include Scarlet Witch, Polaris, & Quicksilver maybe later on in  the movie to setup for there sequels or have Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver as 1combined movie

"
    I can't imagine it will be very profitable, but I'd love a Magneto movie. And I like the idea of adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver just to introduce more X-Characters...because there are a lot and I love them all! Haha...<3
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goldenkey

People don't like seeing actors do younger versions of great old actors.  Magneto is played out.  He gets played out in the movies as well as the comics.  No one will want to see someone do what Ian Mac has done so good.  He's now way to old too, even is they do the younger special effect on him.  Only good thing is David Goyer is involved, but come on now.  Time to get a new villan, and a new mutant villian, not an army dude.  We've had four X-men movies and 2 major villians only.  Why do people think that Star Trek was able to make so many movies.  They all had differant villans.  I don't even like Star Trek but I watched the movies because most of them were watchable, because of a new villian every time.
    04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By 04nbod

blob died in Wolverine uncanny89

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WonderBoy1132

How exciting... 

Though I'd prefer to see an x-men first class movie over that. 

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Namor1987
    @goldenkey said:
    "People don't like seeing actors do younger versions of great old actors.  Magneto is played out.  He gets played out in the movies as well as the comics.  No one will want to see someone do what Ian Mac has done so good.  He's now way to old too, even is they do the younger special effect on him.  Only good thing is David Goyer is involved, but come on now.  Time to get a new villan, and a new mutant villian, not an army dude.  We've had four X-men movies and 2 major villians only.  Why do people think that Star Trek was able to make so many movies.  They all had differant villans.  I don't even like Star Trek but I watched the movies because most of them were watchable, because of a new villian every time. "

They could always go with Apocalypse, Bastion, Sebastian Shaw & the Hellfire Club, Mr. Sinister & the Marauders, Mojo & his crew. Those are all good ideas.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Namor1987
    @The Psyentist:  
    Yeah i like the Maximoff/Eisenhardt family but I wanna see Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch join the Avengers & Polaris' interaction with Havok
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uncanny89
    @04nbod:
    fair enough lol, i forgot was it off screen?? 

id really like them to do a film that had the hellfireclub as its major villain and it would suit the real world type thing they go for in the films plus id get to see the white queen, i think it should continue on from the last film tbh and have emma in then when jena comes big argument or emma does something when her tp manifests that makes her want to leave which is where she then goes to the club idk i just want to see emma and the hellfire club lol, i think it would be an interesting aspect to develop.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adam Michaels

I would definitely go watch this no matter what. But I would prefer they do a Magneto/Professor X origins together. After all, this entire Brotherhood vs. X-Men all 3 X-Men films were based on begins with those 2. 

In this film, they can begin by showing both men's origins in seperate segments happening simultaneously. Then, not too late in the film, they meet for the first time and become friends since they relate to each other as mutants. They plan and organize a safehouse for mutants and all that. Then by the end of the film, the rift between them begins and both become enemies. This can also be when Magneto paralyzes Charles.  

In the Wolverine film, we see Charles still able to walk. So we can assume that it was still at the time Magneto and Charles were working together.  

This is where Magneto forms the Brotherhood and Charles forms the X-Men. Which then leads to X-Men: First Class. And I would hold on making Magneto the villain again. I wouldn't mind him playing a part in the film, but I wouldn't want him being the main antagonist again.
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I say have Magento be about Magneto and Charles meeting, and then the rift that forms between them with their idealogy. Not too much action, but it would be really interesting to see things from his point of view. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could work if it showed Magneto forming his Brotherhood, but that might risk wasting time. Or maybe he's turned sour when Wanda and Pietro are killed in a raid of Sentinel Prototypes.

Then, you have First Class, which is Xavier forming the team, showing a couple origins of the students, but for God's sake, don't make Magneto the villain again! The villains of the story should be the Sentinels, where it would basically follow the same plot-line of the comics. Maybe it could have Jason Stryker too, maybe even as another antagonist. If there's a sequel, then maybe throw Magneto in, but just give him a break already.

Xander Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Xander Wallace

I wonder who'd play a young Erik

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By G'bandit

Can't wait to see it 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

As long as it's like THIS BOOK, I'll be extremely happy.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Bergquist

no unless QS & SW in in it
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @inferiorego: Dont know much about that but the style and tone would be the best way to go, much the the start of X1 which still gives me chills
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23  Edited By Darkchild

I wouldnt mind if they did the movie like Magnetos Testament cause that was quite frankly AWESOME.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jefprice

There are Sooooo many movies I want to see before this. But if they want to do anything with Ian they better do it fast..He's old.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#25  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @jefprice said:
    " There are Sooooo many movies I want to see before this. But if they want to do anything with Ian they better do it fast..He's old. "
    I don't know if they'll use Ian.  If it's an 'origins' movie, there's no need.  Back in January, he mentioned that he hadn't even seen the script yet.  The only way they could have him is if it was him remembering the 'good times.'
    Lord's Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lord's Angel
    @inferiorego said:
    " As long as it's like THIS BOOK, I'll be extremely happy. "
    I concur.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#27  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " @inferiorego: Dont know much about that but the style and tone would be the best way to go, much the the start of X1 which still gives me chills "
    The BEST Marvel mini-series in years. In fact, one of the best Marvel series ever.... ONE OF....
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bruce Vain

I wouldn't mind seeing a Magneto movie but I doubt it would sell any tickets and also I don't know if it would be good. David Goyer is a talented writer but he lacks in the director department. Just watch Blade Trinity and The Invisible.  But it would be pretty cool seeing Magneto in the concentration camp fighting back against the nazis.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Vindellavon

I want it. He;s the only character they treated with some sort of respect, I'd like it if he and Xavier return to the big screen. Let's just hope they tone the CGI down.
    Avatar image for marvel_minimates
    marvel minimates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By marvel minimates
    @uncanny89:
    how the hell are they gunna use storm and angel cos angel was only introcduced int the 3rd  movie
    uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uncanny89
    @marvel minimates:

reboot 
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jefprice
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " not sure how excited i am. i think either way it was set in stone awhile ago and believe it will happen. I even had a book about Magneto that came with a collectors statue years ago that announced the film was in the works. whether it will rock or suck, have to really wait and see it. im guessing itll probably come off so-so though. "
    Yeah I don't know myself Cats. Thing that makes me nervous is when they did the MK mini they said that was pretty much the movie idea....So what are they now going to do for a movie? 

@G-Man
    said:
    " @jefprice said:
    " There are Sooooo many movies I want to see before this. But if they want to do anything with Ian they better do it fast..He's old. "
    I don't know if they'll use Ian.  If it's an 'origins' movie, there's no need.  Back in January, he mentioned that he hadn't even seen the script yet.  The only way they could have him is if it was him remembering the 'good times.' "
    That's true but by the same token Fox has said they didn't want to do any Magneto Movie without him. This was when they were asked about recasting him before he got back on for X3, and Hugh, who with all the X -Films at Fox carries great weight has said he doesn't think Fox would be wise to do any project with Magneto without Ian while he's 'Still Around To Do Them'. Since Fox has been pretty much doing what they said they would do, focus on a Wolverine film first, give Hugh creative ability, try and do more obscure projects (Deadpool, rumors of seeing others) I really don't know if I even want to see an Magneto film at all, if I do, I'd much rather see something like what was rumored about when the rumors first hit about this film, a followup to X3 about Magneto and his more human misunderstood side. 

But in any case you bring up a good point. If he doesn't come back though, and here's something fun... Why would anyone go see this? 
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By NightFang3

Can't wait.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Media_Master

I agree with G-Man, they already told all you really need to know about Magneto in the introduction of X-Men

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By goldenkey
    @Namor1987 said:
    "@goldenkey said:
    "People don't like seeing actors do younger versions of great old actors.  Magneto is played out.  He gets played out in the movies as well as the comics.  No one will want to see someone do what Ian Mac has done so good.  He's now way to old too, even is they do the younger special effect on him.  Only good thing is David Goyer is involved, but come on now.  Time to get a new villan, and a new mutant villian, not an army dude.  We've had four X-men movies and 2 major villians only.  Why do people think that Star Trek was able to make so many movies.  They all had differant villans.  I don't even like Star Trek but I watched the movies because most of them were watchable, because of a new villian every time. "
    They could always go with Apocalypse, Bastion, Sebastian Shaw & the Hellfire Club, Mr. Sinister & the Marauders, Mojo & his crew. Those are all good ideas. "

exactly.  Who wouldn't want Apocalypse.  And since they are so keen on having old people doing the villians why not a James Earl Jones doing Apacalypse.  Any action with him would more then likely have to be CGI anyway.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelFrost

I never really cared for Magneto enough to read into his entire origins before meeting the X-Men and forming the Brotherhood.  So I can't say I'm too excited for this movie.

As long as Mystique makes an appearance, I'll be happy.   :D

Twiglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Twiglight

A magneto film with a solid script could be an epic film
    Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

i think the movie should be flashes of his orgin and present time and in present time it him making the mutant paridise Genosah, the movie shold also show the brotherhood(including toad,juggernaut and blob orgin) plus polairs and forge.
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hellos

I'll watch it :P
    kaorumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kaorumonster

What about Emma? She was rumored to have her own move too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.