Follow

Magneto

Character » Magneto appears in 5894 issues.

Among the most powerful, recognizable, and infamous mutants to inhabit the planet Earth, Magneto was the X-Men's first major nemesis. Now known as a revolutionist and terrorist, Magneto has fought for the X-Men as many times as he’s been against them.

Can someone please tell me, Could Magneto block the Nova Flame?

SarahHemlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SarahHemlock

I am trying to figure this out. Could Magneto's electromagnetic shield withstand the Nova Flame's temperature of 1,000,000 degrees that the Human Torch can send out?

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By courtney12490

bump

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am going to say no, because Electromagnetism has nothing to do with heat, it might stop the flame.. but the heat would cook him. Actually it would cook everything within a large area.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WoundingFactor

@Nova`Prime`:  But the type of energy that the Torch puts out is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which Magneto can control. I'd say his shield alone wouldn't be enough though. He'd probably have to be actively trying to dampen the wavefront from the Torch's blast, or maybe firing off a blast of his own to try to cancel out the Torch's (a rather unlikely proposition), and even then, it's not really certain whose effect would prove stronger.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By karrob
    @WoundingFactor said:
    "  @Nova`Prime`:  But the type of energy that the Torch puts out is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which Magneto can control. I'd say his shield alone wouldn't be enough though. He'd probably have to be actively trying to dampen the wavefront from the Torch's blast, or maybe firing off a blast of his own to try to cancel out the Torch's (a rather unlikely proposition), and even then, it's not really certain whose effect would prove stronger. "
    Well said...it boggles the mind. 
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Hazlenaut

Doesn’t high heat refract magnetism? It should have some effect. How much heat is needed in order effect Magneto?    

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By lorex

I guess it would depend on how the power was used. While I agree he might be able to stop the blast itself, the heat would be another issue. One thing though as I understand the torches power to put out that kind of heat is not just a quick burst but a concentrated effort. Again I don't think Magneto can stop the blast itself, I do think he distract the Torch by throwing something at him to break his focus. I know Magneto's powers have varied over the years but I he could reverse the blood flow to the Torches heart of brain to stop him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.