Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3410 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

What are some good Magik titles to read?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I'm planning on writing a little fan fiction on Colossus and Magik's adventures together after Colossus gets the Cyttorak powers and they both take a break from the X-Men. Does anyone know some good Magik stories and comics that I can read so I can get a grasp on her character?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Renchamp: Thanks!

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PYH000

Read Magik: Storm and Illyana which is an origin story about her.

Regarding of getting a grasp of her character, during Chris Claremont's run on Uncanny X-men and New Mutants, Illyana tends to become out of character at times so I'd suggest reading everything that has about her. Be it stories about her and her cameos and such. I sometimes feel her character in Uncanny X-men (80's) to be a bit more stable than the New Mutants. She was portrayed nicely until this one New Mutants issue which she was REALLY out of character and it was New Mutants #21.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@244: Thanks!! I will!

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PYH000

P.S., avoid reading New Mutants #45. It's an awful display of her character and doesn't make sense.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@244 said:

Read Magik: Storm and Illyana which is an origin story about her.

Regarding of getting a grasp of her character, during Chris Claremont's run on Uncanny X-men and New Mutants, Illyana tends to become out of character at times so I'd suggest reading everything that has about her. Be it stories about her and her cameos and such. I sometimes feel her character in Uncanny X-men (80's) to be a bit more stable than the New Mutants. She was portrayed nicely until this one New Mutants issue which she was REALLY out of character and it was New Mutants #21.

i agree with the MagikL Storm and Illyana

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@244 said:

P.S., avoid reading New Mutants #45. It's an awful display of her character and doesn't make sense.

Thanks! I'll watch out for that! What happened in that issue?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PYH000
    @Rabbitearsblog: Well the New Mutants went to a public school dance party and Illyana seemed to be behaving like the life of the party because boys were talking to her. She seemed to develop as an extroverted 80's mall rat demographic. I mean, she had suffered from Limbo growing up so it's likely she'd be uncomfortable to interact with others. New Mutants #14 is a great introduction to her character.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@244 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Well the New Mutants went to a public school dance party and Illyana seemed to be behaving like the life of the party because boys were talking to her. She seemed to develop as an extroverted 80's mall rat demographic. I mean, she had suffered from Limbo growing up so it's likely she'd be uncomfortable to interact with others. New Mutants #14 is a great introduction to her character.

Oh yeah. That does seem out of character, especially if Magik had spent most of her life in Limbo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.