Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3410 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

So how does anyone feel about Limbo no longer existing?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Limbo has always played a big part for Magik's character, but from Bendis' Uncanny X-men #7, Magik has ended the Limbo dimension by absorbing within herself. She always needed to siphon that dimension for power but has taken it to the extreme in that issue.

I feel that major development for Magik's character opens new doors for future developments. Ever since she came back from "Quest for Magik", she went through several developments; she ended Belasco and Limbo's Elder Gods (even though she had help), got her soul back, renounced ruler-ship of Limbo, and ended that dimension by absorbing it within her. I mean, that character is really moving forward.

MoonDragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of people didn't like the fact that she was linked to demons and demonic power. Now that she has her soul back, I would say she should be mostly good now. However she still knows black magic but she is learning magic from Dr. Strange. I mentioned a scenario similar to this about 3 years ago and I'm glad it has finally come true.

She's the reason I picked up a Marvel comic book again after all these years.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that it wasn't gone,just that it was basically inside of her.

Hence why she can still summon monsters and whatnot.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moondragn: How exactly does she have her Soul back if she doesn't have the soul gems that captured her soul? Could you explain? I'm sure I missed something.

@twix_right_side: I think it is one of the most inventive ideas in recent years to put Limbo inside of Magik. There is no longer an external manifestation of her soul that can be manipulated the way Limbo could. Will she have greater power in the Earthly dimension or more control of her magic and its manifestations. Or will she simply have a greater ability to resolve some many of her internal demons so to speak?

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moondragn: How exactly does she have her Soul back if she doesn't have the soul gems that captured her soul? Could you explain? I'm sure I missed something.

@twix_right_side: I think it is one of the most inventive ideas in recent years to put Limbo inside of Magik. There is no longer an external manifestation of her soul that can be manipulated the way Limbo could. Will she have greater power in the Earthly dimension or more control of her magic and its manifestations. Or will she simply have a greater ability to resolve some many of her internal demons so to speak?

Personally,I think that the route that we are going is that she no longer has any of the faults that she had when Limbo was separate,and that she will have all of the advantages (not that there were a lot of disadvantages).

For one,she might not need to have to use Limbo as a midway point.

Two,since it's inside of her,she will always be at her most powerful and she will always have absolute control over it (when her powers get in check).

Those are just my guesses. In any case,I like where this is going.

MoonDragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: She got her soul back when she defeated the Elder gods. She got the blood amulet back and her as well as Pixie's soulstones.

MoonDragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: She got her soul back when she defeated the Elder gods. She got the blood amulet back and her as well as Pixie's soulstones.

@twix_right_side: When she collapse all of limbo it turned all the demons inside into energy. I do not think they exist anymore. They have shown the inside of limbo as one big empty blackness.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.