Follow

Magik

Character » Magik appears in 3410 issues.

The younger sister of Colossus. Illyana Rasputin is a mutant teleporter, a sorceress, and the ruler of Limbo, who is currently a member of Storm's team of mutants residing in the "Jean Grey Institute for Higher Learning".

PHOENIX FORCE(POSSIBLE SPOILER)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

In AvX #5 Magik has gained a fraction of the Phoenix Force and so she became and Avatar of the Phoenix Force. What do you think is gonna happen to her? And how much strong will she become now that she is the Queen of the Limbo and the Avatar of the Phoenix? What do you think about this?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PYH000

From the character captions of UXN #1, Magik has been described as being "ex-ruler of the demonic realm" so it seems she doesn't want to rule Limbo anymore. (I'm choosing to consider AvsX a continuity error for Magik)

There's still the debate whether Magik is still a demon or not, but I'm going to go that she's human again because she got back the rest of her soul. From the past, she has been fighting her demonic side so being the Phoenix may not be a new thing for her.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Veitha

I think that giving her the Phoenix Force may increase her powers enormously: she's a magician and the best teleporter of the MU and she can also manipulate time so... She could really become a cosmic threat if she decides to use her powers for evil ends! About what you said about her role of Queen of the Limbo, I've always thought that she was its ruler and I've never read a comic where she lose her controll over it: maybe UXN #1 is a continuity error and not AVX?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PYH000

@Veitha said:

I think that giving her the Phoenix Force may increase her powers enormously: she's a magician and the best teleporter of the MU and she can also manipulate time so... She could really become a cosmic threat if she decides to use her powers for evil ends! About what you said about her role of Queen of the Limbo, I've always thought that she was its ruler and I've never read a comic where she lose her controll over it: maybe UXN #1 is a continuity error and not AVX?

From New Mutants #28 (3rd series), the demons from Limbo snuck in Utopia in an attempt to free Magik from her imprisonment (she was incarcerated for endangering reality by using Legion to destroy Limbo's Elder gods, and manipulated the X-men in her revenge plot of destroying them from Zeb Wells' New Mutants #21) and said to her to return to her throne. Magik didn't want to associate with them and refuses to return to Limbo because she wants to start her life all over again as a normal life. In order for a normal life again, she wants to regain the trust of the X-men. Technically, she may still be considered the queen of Limbo but she refuses to rule it any further.

From Uncanny X-men, she's still imprisoned between missions but is released during one. From UXN, Magik has been behaving much less of an anti-hero and instead is more human. Believe it or not; she's a good person by nature but it's just that the demonic side of her makes her "evil" at times (think of Jean Grey going Dark Phoenix along the lines, but in Magik's case, the demonic side corrupts her rather than taking over her body).

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Veitha

@244: I actually thought that she simply refused to go to Limbo, but she didn't lose control over it. and anyway the demons wanted to bring her tuhere so I think that they still consider her their mistress

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XsPectre28

for one she couldnt leave & she knew it at that moment. she at 1 time since her inprisonment was forced to ware a device that would explode if she tired to teleport... def know its gone now that she is part of the PF5

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@244: Technically, she is still the Sorceress Supreme and ruler of Limbo, until someone else wrests control from her. IIRC there are enchantments and etc laid on the land that won't revert to another sorcerer unless they directly overthrow her.

Also, she tried giving up rulership of Limbo before, and that didn't turn out too well for her (the whole New Mutants "Inferno" tie in).

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PYH000

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@244: Technically, she is still the Sorceress Supreme and ruler of Limbo, until someone else wrests control from her. IIRC there are enchantments and etc laid on the land that won't revert to another sorcerer unless they directly overthrow her.

Also, she tried giving up rulership of Limbo before, and that didn't turn out too well for her (the whole New Mutants "Inferno" tie in).

N'astir tricked Magik into opening a portal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.