Magik should be the avatar of Cyttorak

#1 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

1) She has more experience with magical artifacts

2) She's already dealt with repressing a demonic darkness within her

3) It would make sense since she already manifests armor when using her powers

I think she should've just teleported Colossus out of the realm when he stepped in for her, I just don't like him as the Juggernaut...but I think the power would be more fitting for Illyana

#2 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't stated that I recall, but I believe she wouldn't do so because that would not only grant Cyttorak more power than he should have, but also could use her powers to release himself from his banishment and back on to Earth. She's well aware of how dangerous he is. As well, Cyttorak expects complacency from his avatars, and she likely wouldn't be at all.

#3 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

1) She has more experience with magical artifacts

2) She's already dealt with repressing a demonic darkness within her

3) It would make sense since she already manifests armor when using her powers

I think she should've just teleported Colossus out of the realm when he stepped in for her, I just don't like him as the Juggernaut...but I think the power would be more fitting for Illyana

Well that makes complete sense with her already existing knowledge of magic and dark-side troubles I'm going to go with

@CATPANEXE said:

It wasn't stated that I recall, but I believe she wouldn't do so because that would not only grant Cyttorak more power than he should have, but also could use her powers to release himself from his banishment and back on to Earth. She's well aware of how dangerous he is. As well, Cyttorak expects complacency from his avatars, and she likely wouldn't be at all.

This the best answer, teleporting avatar of both limbo and unstoppable force is not good for reality

#4 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Colossus did step forward to become the new avatar, it doesn't suprise me that Magik was planning it especially considering how angry Shadowcat got at Magik...

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:

I don't think that's the case. Cyttorak only cares about his avatars wreaking destruction in his name, and who says that he's trapped in his dimension? 

@mervotron said:

Even though Colossus did step forward to become the new avatar, it doesn't suprise me that Magik was planning it especially considering how angry Shadowcat got at Magik...

There was no indication that Magik planned to make her brother the next avatar of Cyttorak because she had volunteered to be the avatar because of her own experience with demonic possession. Even as full Darkchilde mode, she'd still wouldn't cross the line of hurting her brother. Colossus was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.