Is she mentally stable?

#1 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Magik has never really been the poster child for mental health but can she be trusted now that she's back?

Well she died, then belasco brought evil illyana back and she went psycho and just took 2/5 of Pixie's soul. My question is can she be trusted as an x-ma and nnot start killing people. She already taunted the new -men and pixie saying "i just took a taste of pixie's soul".
#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if she's all there, but I love her lol

#3 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I missed her. But I think I like Pixie more. I mean she has the evil part of Illyana but she's more fun. And the way she took out Empath was awesome.

Illyana just seems like a bitch now. I can't wait for the showdown between her and pixie.
#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as illyana is in control and not the Darkcylde, she's good to go.

I'd rather not see her fight Pixie, we had infernus, time for a break from the soul stealing mess.
#5 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Still you know it's gonna happen eventually. Pixie is uber pissed

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah and i'm growing tired of reading it. It does seem as though Megan is being written to eventually take the place of Ms. Rasputin. 

#7 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Pixelized. The whole "apprentice" sub-plot is a bit contrived.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

What apprentice?  Pixie hates Illyana, she's not going to become her apprentice.  If anything, it's disappointing that the editors & writers forgot about Dr Strange's promise to teach Pixie when she 'turned 18'.  Then they could have slowly turned Pixie into a sorcereress instead of just a teleporter. 

But as Pix said, when Illyana is a girl she's pretty much in control.  Although her reaction to the missing child poster at the start of Zeb Wells' New Mutants was a bit over-the-top.  Aside from that brief emo crying fit for attention, she's been pretty cold & calculating.  That fits her a lot better.

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" What apprentice?  Pixie hates Illyana, she's not going to become her apprentice.  If anything, it's disappointing that the editors & writers forgot about Dr Strange's promise to teach Pixie when she 'turned 18'.  Then they could have slowly turned Pixie into a sorcereress instead of just a teleporter. 
What hurts the most about that is how Amanda Sefton was supposed to be a part of her tutoring, now we'll never see her ]= . Maybe Kyle and Yost will Take over X-Legacy and kick that up again.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: Yeah, it was strange the way that those stories at the end of New X-Men seemed to be setting up for some big changes in the team... but suddenly it was cancelled.  Threads died (or had to wait till 2 years after X-Force started), characters faded away (ie Prodigy), and promises like Amanda Sefton or Doc Strange were forgotten... Such a shame.  I'd have liked to have seen Pixie progress under Kyle & Yost.
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: With Kyle and Yost still playing parts in the X-World, i'm still hopeful that Miss Sefton will pluck herself out of oblivion and teach her a thing or two.... though teleporting, souldagger and hallucinatory dust are sufficient enough.
#12 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see that, although Id rather leave Carey and Rogue in Legacy...Yost and Kyle can take over Uncanny lol

I will admit, in control or not, Illyanna looks odd being a member of the X-Men after all of that. I feel like after Infernus, Fraction just stuck her with the X-Men and no one bats an eye...but whatever.

#13 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.