Can Someone Explain All of Magik's Powers Including the Soulsword

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

 
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll leave this one for Pixelized or Illyana Rasputin to explain... whoever is online first ;)

Moderator
#2 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"
"
Illyana possesses the mutant ability to teleport through time, distance, and dimensions. Her mutant power relies on Limbo as a halfway point from one location to the next. The Soulsword is the consummate expression of her mystical power, forged from her soul as a last resort against her demonic mentor, Belasco. It is is only effective when the right conditions are met. The Soulsword can disrupt all magical enchantments, and slay all magical beings, but is completely harmless to non-magical entities. Illyana is the supreme ruler of Limbo, the inter-dimensional pocket realm she spent a large portion of her natural childhood. Upon defeating  Belasco, Illyana took his place, and was granted immense power. I recommend checking out the excellent job pixelized did with the biography regarding Illyana's powers in Limbo, but basically, when she is in Limbo, her power is unlimited. She rules the demonic hordes of Limbo unopposed. However, when she is on earth, her power is severely restricted, and is mostly limited to the use of her Soulsword. She has, however, displayed a variety of magical feats in her thirty-four year run. Telepathy, astral projection, telekinesis, eldritch energy blasts, superhuman strength, warding, scrying, etc. Illyana was also trained in unarmed combat and swordplay by Wolverine and Cat, an alternate-reality version of Kitty Pryde.    
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin: When did she demonstrate telepathy?  I thought telepaths couldn't read her mind?  Except for when she gave up the dark side of her soul??
Moderator
#4 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"
 
"
Illyana possesses the mutant ability to teleport through time, distance, and dimensions. Her mutant power relies on Limbo as a halfway point from one location to the next. The Soulsword is the consummate expression of her mystical power, forged from her soul as a last resort against her demonic mentor, Belasco. It is is only effective when the right conditions are met. The Soulsword can disrupt all magical enchantments, and slay all magical beings, but is completely harmless to non-magical entities. Illyana is the supreme ruler of Limbo, the inter-dimensional pocket realm she spent a large portion of her natural childhood. Upon defeating  Belasco, Illyana took his place, and was granted immense power. I recommend checking out the excellent job pixelized did with the biography regarding Illyana's powers in Limbo, but basically, when she is in Limbo, her power is unlimited. She rules the demonic hordes of Limbo unopposed. However, when she is on earth, her power is severely restricted, and is mostly limited to the use of her Soulsword. She has, however, displayed a variety of magical feats in her thirty-four year run. Telepathy, astral projection, telekinesis, eldritch energy blasts, superhuman strength, warding, scrying, etc. Illyana was also trained in unarmed combat and swordplay by Wolverine and Cat, an alternate-reality version of Kitty Pryde.     "

So how much of her powers are dark magic??
#5 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio


pixelized
4,951 points

Illyana Rasputin
2,195 points

Strobe
1,525 points

xboy79
1,100 points

fesak
371 points
    
 

Thanks guys, after checking wikipedia's entry on magik i was all confused and forgot to check the vine's.  illyana rasputin (the vine user) suggested i check and i just did and it really explained a lot  thanks guys. 
#6 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"@Illyana Rasputin said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"
 
"
Illyana possesses the mutant ability to teleport through time, distance, and dimensions. Her mutant power relies on Limbo as a halfway point from one location to the next. The Soulsword is the consummate expression of her mystical power, forged from her soul as a last resort against her demonic mentor, Belasco. It is is only effective when the right conditions are met. The Soulsword can disrupt all magical enchantments, and slay all magical beings, but is completely harmless to non-magical entities. Illyana is the supreme ruler of Limbo, the inter-dimensional pocket realm she spent a large portion of her natural childhood. Upon defeating  Belasco, Illyana took his place, and was granted immense power. I recommend checking out the excellent job pixelized did with the biography regarding Illyana's powers in Limbo, but basically, when she is in Limbo, her power is unlimited. She rules the demonic hordes of Limbo unopposed. However, when she is on earth, her power is severely restricted, and is mostly limited to the use of her Soulsword. She has, however, displayed a variety of magical feats in her thirty-four year run. Telepathy, astral projection, telekinesis, eldritch energy blasts, superhuman strength, warding, scrying, etc. Illyana was also trained in unarmed combat and swordplay by Wolverine and Cat, an alternate-reality version of Kitty Pryde.     "
So how much of her powers are dark magic?? "

The largest majority of Magik's mystical powers are dark in nature.
#7 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
"@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"@Illyana Rasputin said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"
 
"
Illyana possesses the mutant ability to teleport through time, distance, and dimensions. Her mutant power relies on Limbo as a halfway point from one location to the next. The Soulsword is the consummate expression of her mystical power, forged from her soul as a last resort against her demonic mentor, Belasco. It is is only effective when the right conditions are met. The Soulsword can disrupt all magical enchantments, and slay all magical beings, but is completely harmless to non-magical entities. Illyana is the supreme ruler of Limbo, the inter-dimensional pocket realm she spent a large portion of her natural childhood. Upon defeating  Belasco, Illyana took his place, and was granted immense power. I recommend checking out the excellent job pixelized did with the biography regarding Illyana's powers in Limbo, but basically, when she is in Limbo, her power is unlimited. She rules the demonic hordes of Limbo unopposed. However, when she is on earth, her power is severely restricted, and is mostly limited to the use of her Soulsword. She has, however, displayed a variety of magical feats in her thirty-four year run. Telepathy, astral projection, telekinesis, eldritch energy blasts, superhuman strength, warding, scrying, etc. Illyana was also trained in unarmed combat and swordplay by Wolverine and Cat, an alternate-reality version of Kitty Pryde.     "
So how much of her powers are dark magic?? "
The largest majority of Magik's mystical powers are dark in nature. "

oh.  thanks for explaining this. 
#8 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Illyana Rasputin said:
"@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"@Illyana Rasputin said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
"
"
Illyana possesses the mutant ability to teleport through time, distance, and dimensions. Her mutant power relies on Limbo as a halfway point from one location to the next. The Soulsword is the consummate expression of her mystical power, forged from her soul as a last resort against her demonic mentor, Belasco. It is is only effective when the right conditions are met. The Soulsword can disrupt all magical enchantments, and slay all magical beings, but is completely harmless to non-magical entities. Illyana is the supreme ruler of Limbo, the inter-dimensional pocket realm she spent a large portion of her natural childhood. Upon defeating  Belasco, Illyana took his place, and was granted immense power. I recommend checking out the excellent job pixelized did with the biography regarding Illyana's powers in Limbo, but basically, when she is in Limbo, her power is unlimited. She rules the demonic hordes of Limbo unopposed. However, when she is on earth, her power is severely restricted, and is mostly limited to the use of her Soulsword. She has, however, displayed a variety of magical feats in her thirty-four year run. Telepathy, astral projection, telekinesis, eldritch energy blasts, superhuman strength, warding, scrying, etc. Illyana was also trained in unarmed combat and swordplay by Wolverine and Cat, an alternate-reality version of Kitty Pryde.     "
So how much of her powers are dark magic?? "
The largest majority of Magik's mystical powers are dark in nature. "
oh.  thanks for explaining this.  "
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Illyana Rasputin: When did she demonstrate telepathy?  I thought telepaths couldn't read her mind?  Except for when she gave up the dark side of her soul?? "
In "The New Mutants: Truth Or Death", Karma attempted to possess Illyana, and encountered the daemonic psi-block that is so often associated with her resistance to mental telepathy. Magik, in return, telepathically flooded Karma's mind with the foul images of the things that she had encountered in her life for attempting to invade her mind, knocking X'ian off of her feet. In that same series, Karma discovered her ability to generate a psionic shield to deflect telepathic attacks. 
#9 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

perhaps you should also read or buy the : Magik, Storm and Illyana
#10 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@rbysjti said:
"perhaps you should also read or buy the : Magik, Storm and Illyana "

ok ill try to
#11 Posted by kleisley (1 posts) - - Show Bio

IIlyana powers are the following, Mutant ability to teleport thru time and space via dimensional stepping disks from limbo . Her soul sword is made up of her magic and soul after being kidnapped at age 7 and trained as  a demon sorceress by Belasco in Limbo.  Her sorcery comes from years of practice in Limbo when only hours passed in earth time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.