Rogue or Mimic using Madrox's powers?

#1 Posted by dorsk188 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Jamie's powers work for a character that can absorb or mimic the powers of others?  I assume that the original Rogue could create dupes of herself.  Each of those dupes should be able to absorb new powers from others, right?  Would the original Rogue acquire those powers when she reabsorbs her dupe?  What would happen if she loses Madrox's powers with outstanding dupes?  Would they disappear spontaneously regardless of proximity.  Would they stick around because Rogue would be unable to reabsorb them?   I wonder how Mimic's powers would work, though.  Imagine he's locked in Madrox, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Iceman (for example).  Mimic makes a dupe.   The dupe mimics Colossus, Shadowcat, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, and Sunfire.  Can the dupe be reabsorbed without having Madrox's power?  What if the original also got rid of the powers?  It seems to me that if neither the original nor the dupe at the powers, they wouldn't be able to reabsorb at all.

A quick aside: What happens to Jamie or one of his dupes when they are around Leech (or wear a power inhibiting collar or something) and lose their powers?  I've only read a few comics with him, but it seems like dupes are pretty persistent, flesh and bone people, unlike something like Naruto's shadow clones, which are almost like solid illusions.  It seems like there are a lot of particulars about his powers that haven't been addressed.
#2 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4376 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, (if I remember correctly) when a Dupe becomes to unlike himself then the dupe can not be re-absorbed into him, simply because they are too different. So I don't see why it wouldn't be any different in the cases of Rogue or Mimic.

#3 Posted by SC (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

For as long as they have the powers Rogue should as well. That being said all this depends on the writer, and less complicated powers have been ignored or used inconsistently anyway. (Sunfire, Magma, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Betsy etc

I do know that Carey has touched on this subject (Rogue absorbing Madrox). Plus PAD has on Madrox's powers being quite... well there is more to it. 

My view on this is that story plot is needed to keep Rogue and Madrox and Sage from each other and ignorant to... since Rogue has always had so powerful its stupid potential (stupid because it renders teammates unnecessary) and Madrox could potentially dupe things, not just himself, and Sage unlocks powers... and if an army of power absorbing Rogues...
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
My view on this is that story plot is needed to keep Rogue and Madrox and Sage from each other and ignorant to... since Rogue has always had so powerful its stupid potential (stupid because it renders teammates unnecessary) and Madrox could potentially dupe things, not just himself, and Sage unlocks powers... and if an army of power absorbing Rogues...
"
O_o never thought about it like that....
#5 Posted by BattleHeiz (638 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue can make dupes and they'll also have powers
After original Rogue looses her powers dupes will still stay if she absorbs them before loosing powers then she gets their powers too
Now about Mimic
Mimic gets to use only 50% of that power so it's hard to say what will dupes look like but if it'll work then yes dupes can absorb others powers too and still stay if absorbed then they'll override his brain giving him huge headache or even ending up killing him
And it doesn't matter if original gets depowered dupes will still stay

#6 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Well jamie is not a mutant so i dont think there powers would work.
#7 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT ? !!! jAMIE IS NOT A MUTANT ? !!!

#8 Posted by Comicdude360 (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

Would probably say it work

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.