Follow

Madrox

Character » Madrox appears in 1792 issues.

Jamie Madrox, also known as Multiple Man, is a mutant with the ability to create duplicates of himself through physical contact. These "dupes" can later be reabsorbed, along with all of their memories and experiences. Best known for his X-Factor history, he recently rejoined the newly reformed X-Corporation.

Does Madrox reabsorb illnesses/diseases/etc?

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

If a dupe of Madrox were to be infected with some kind of poison, would Madrox Prime be infected with that same poison if he were to reabsorb the dupe? 

I know in the Madrox mini-series, he had mentioned something about absorbing a drunk dupe, and that he only would receive the neurological aspect of being drunk, whatever that means. but I assume it means he just gets the feeling of being drunk, but isn't actually drunk...which sounds like being drunk to me anyways.

Anyways, anyone know?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Yes.  In fact he did have to absorb a poisoned dupe during the ongoing X-Factor.  Normally, he'd create more duplicates in order to 'dilute' the poison's effect.  However, he couldn't at the time & therefore the main Madrox Prime became woosy & found it difficult to fight.

The same thing happens with broken bones.  He'll absorb the pain, if a bunch of healthy Madroxes aren't re-absorbed at the same time to dilute the pain & negative status effects.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze
    @xerox-kitty: Ah. I think I remember reading that now. Thank you for the reply (also sorry for the super delayed response).

Another question, if I may before this thread becomes irrelevant, can any of Madrox's dupe actually absorb the other dupes? Say Madrox go unconscious or is just not around, can one dupe absorb the other dupes, or is that something only Prime can do?
    Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Chesapeake
    @Mr. Kamikaze

In the first miniseries Jaime had absorbed a dupe who was passing away at the bar. That dupe was injured; the prime Madrox did not get any of his injuries or wounds when he absorbed it. So, he is immune to the injuries that his dupes have. On the other hand, as Xerox-Kitty pointed out, Jaime had been affected with some minor consequences that came from the absorption of his dupes as well  such as the M tattoo in his face.

So it’s really vague to know the right answer. Therefore as usual , it's not clear what consequences he can take or not.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.