Follow

Madison Jeffries

Character » Madison Jeffries appears in 778 issues.

Madison Jeffries is a mutant with the power to psionically restructure metal, plastic, and glass.

Question about Madison Jeffries

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ToO_RaW

Since he manipulates metal, would he be able to best someone like Hank Henshaw?

The real question I guess would be if the metal has no electronics, is it still considered technology? I ask this because Jeffries can create armor simply by manipulating the metel around him without the need for electricity.

If this is a dumb question just disregard the post.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Neither of them needs it to be functioning technology to control it. As you said Jeffries can control the materials and make them do what he wants, and Henshaw can do the same. He could inhabit and control non-functioning scraps and make them act as if they were functioning robot. He doesn't work the way most technopaths do in that regard. Jeffries couldn't take Henshaw though.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Buckshot said:

Neither of them needs it to be functioning technology to control it. As you said Jeffries can control the materials and make them do what he wants, and Henshaw can do the same. He could inhabit and control non-functioning scraps and make them act as if they were functioning robot. He doesn't work the way most technopaths do in that regard. Jeffries couldn't take Henshaw though.

Interesting.

Do you think Technopathy trumps Magnetism control?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ToO_RaW: I left this off my last post, I think either of them would beat most technopaths because their abilities work the way I explain, where they don't need technology to function for them to make use of it. Either of them against the best normal technopath in the world and they'd win because the technopath could make technology do whatever they want it to, but either of them could just reduce the tech to its component parts, form it into something they want, and use that without it being a functional machine that the technopath could take over again. I think Henshaw has an advantage over Jeffries though because I think Jeffires does make his robots and devices functional. He could take apart any machine with his mind and then throw the pieces around or make them into super low tech weapons that most technopaths couldn't control, but he normally makes them into functioning machines again, whereas Henshaw could just inhabit a pile of junk and make a war suit that only worked because he was in it and not because it was truly functional.

As for the comparison to magnetism, unless you mean to be talking about technokinesis (in which case the answer to your question is dependent on willpower), I think magnetism trumps for the same reason that Henshaw or Jeffries beat other technopaths. While a technopath could control a car and make it drive somewhere, someone like Magneto could just take the car apart. Think of it like this, a technopath controls the software but Henshaw, Jeffries, or someone with Magneto's powers controls the hardware.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Buckshot said:

@ToO_RaW: I left this off my last post, I think either of them would beat most technopaths because their abilities work the way I explain, where they don't need technology to function for them to make use of it. Either of them against the best normal technopath in the world and they'd win because the technopath could make technology do whatever they want it to, but either of them could just reduce the tech to its component parts, form it into something they want, and use that without it being a functional machine that the technopath could take over again. I think Henshaw has an advantage over Jeffries though because I think Jeffires does make his robots and devices functional. He could take apart any machine with his mind and then throw the pieces around or make them into super low tech weapons that most technopaths couldn't control, but he normally makes them into functioning machines again, whereas Henshaw could just inhabit a pile of junk and make a war suit that only worked because he was in it and not because it was truly functional.

As for the comparison to magnetism, unless you mean to be talking about technokinesis (in which case the answer to your question is dependent on willpower), I think magnetism trumps for the same reason that Henshaw or Jeffries beat other technopaths. While a technopath could control a car and make it drive somewhere, someone like Magneto could just take the car apart. Think of it like this, a technopath controls the software but Henshaw, Jeffries, or someone with Magneto's powers controls the hardware.

Thanks. Very informative. :)

llebpmacmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By llebpmacmit

Can he manipulate metal and plastic on a magneto type level? If not what are his upper limits for metal/plastic/glass manipulation?

And if he has this high-level technopathy and matter manipulation is he basically Forge and Magneto merged together?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.