Follow

Madelyne Pryor

Character » Madelyne Pryor appears in 1126 issues.

Madelyne Pryor is Cyclops's first wife, Cable's mother, and a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister. After Cyclops abandoned her and her son, she was tricked and seduced by demons to harness great demonic power.

Cyclops kinda made her bad

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Look before someone gets the idea of saying "Doesn't matter she chose to be bad". Yeah I know that and I agree Maddie chose her path. But I'm just kinda pointing out, in some way Cyclops was more of the monster-maker than Sinister was. He marries Maddie, not because of her personality or connection. But because she REMINDS him of his ex, I mean come on. Don't tell me none of you would be offended by that. He also once thought she was his reincarnated Jean. 

Look I admit I could kinda of relate how Cyclops couldn't leave the X-Men, its kinda like the whole Hotchner-work thing from Criminal Minds. They wanna be there for the family but work always ends up winning. But still even when they had a child, there was still distance. But still even during that he's not thinking of the X-Men or his wife or son. He's thinking about JEAN. (Note I'm not blamming her^^;). He just up and LEAVES his own child just so he can see if he can get away on cheating on his wife. Whom he only loved because he was using her as a rebound for Jean. 

He never thought ONCE how Chris/Cable was or if he and Maddie were alright. Heck even when Cyclops gets what he wants (Jean) he's NEVER happy. Not soon aftter that he's already leaning towards Emma Frost that faked-big-boobed bimboXP.(Yeah I don't like her but Emma lovers no spam here please).

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I agree with a good amount of your post but totally disagree with other parts. 

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By kiss_lamia

i think alot of factors made her go bad! i mean your husbands a cheating asshole who left you and child for jean grey! then you find out your a clone of the woman you hate the most!! Then finding out you were just made to have a child for genetic research is going to mess up your sanity! so maddy has every right to go mad and want to kill anyone she wants! ROFL

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@MichonneHack27:  'Kinda' made her bad? He definitely made her bad! 
    To Scott, the X-men is his family. They're the first family he ever knew, and I'm really not going into detail here unless I have to, it's been a long day. Point is, his loyalty has always been, first and foremost, the X-men.
    I'm not sure you really understand the family dynamic with Scott and Maddy. She married him, knowing full well that he still loved Jean, and it was that fact which caused them to break apart. Maddy tried to make things work, and God knows having a child can't repair something already that badly broken, and eventually when Jean came back, Scott did exactly what everyone (himself and Maddy included) knew he would and went back to her. You'll notice she wasn't too broken up about enabling the dissolution of Scott's marriage, either. 
    And I'm pretty sure there's at least several cases in which Scott expresses feelings of deep remorse, concern, and love for Cable. Keep in mind, this is a man who has had trouble expressing his emotion his entire life, you can't honestly expect him to show his feelings like other, better-adjusted people.
    AetherMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AetherMaster

Originally she was just going to be her own character rather than a clone of Jean Grey. But since Jean Grey was coming back to life for X-Factor and they needed Cyclops, they decided to break them up so Scott and Jean could get back together. So naturally what they did was make Maddie a villain to justify Scott leaving his wife and child to go back to Jean. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

No... Cyclops didn't make her bad, she was just drawn that way. (or was that a certain other redhead?) 

I kind of try and take it easy on Cyke here, because he ain't my favorite and for me, its really hard to actually ignore the actual real life writing and editorial actions that of course dictate what Slim actually does. Such a situation calls for a character who can break the fourth wall. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @Squares said:
    " @MichonneHack27:  'Kinda' made her bad? He definitely made her bad!  To Scott, the X-men is his family. They're the first family he ever knew, and I'm really not going into detail here unless I have to, it's been a long day. Point is, his loyalty has always been, first and foremost, the X-men. I'm not sure you really understand the family dynamic with Scott and Maddy. She married him, knowing full well that he still loved Jean, and it was that fact which caused them to break apart. Maddy tried to make things work, and God knows having a child can't repair something already that badly broken, and eventually when Jean came back, Scott did exactly what everyone (himself and Maddy included) knew he would and went back to her. You'll notice she wasn't too broken up about enabling the dissolution of Scott's marriage, either.  And I'm pretty sure there's at least several cases in which Scott expresses feelings of deep remorse, concern, and love for Cable. Keep in mind, this is a man who has had trouble expressing his emotion his entire life, you can't honestly expect him to show his feelings like other, better-adjusted people. "
    This. 
    Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yumulu
    @SC said:
    " No... Cyclops didn't make her bad, she was just drawn that way. (or was that a certain other redhead?) 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Well they do look alike ... except the head.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Yumulu: Oh man, I am too tired, I can't tell which one's head to body proportions is more accurate lol Jessica Rabbits eyes always made my head hurt though. No wonder her eyes are always seductively half closed, her eyelids must weigh more than a small... Wolverine? 
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @AetherMaster said:
    " Originally she was just going to be her own character rather than a clone of Jean Grey. But since Jean Grey was coming back to life for X-Factor and they needed Cyclops, they decided to break them up so Scott and Jean could get back together. So naturally what they did was make Maddie a villain to justify Scott leaving his wife and child to go back to Jean.  "
    Didn't work out that way though thats why alot of people hate him lol! they did derail a good character which is why alot of people took maddy's side and i am proud to be one them :D ROFL
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By KDarkholme

Scott ruined her life.
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By info nation
    @KDarkholme: You may have a pint there, The Goblin Queen wasn't even all that bad AFTER Cyclops left her! she was LITERALLY willing to sacrifice herself to save her only son even though she was supposed to be irredeemable evil now so at least she had some semblance of humanity remaining!
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iLLituracy

All of it was just bad writing, IMO. How was it anywhere in Scott's character [at the time] to leave his wife? It's to be expected of Scott now, but then? To leave his wife and his child for a bunch of old buddies and his revived girlfriend? 

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By jubilee042

she loved scott with her heart but he only married her to remember his ex yeah but when he was about to leave maddie told her to never come back if he left that house because she knew he was goiing back to jean and he did  but he couldn't kiss jean because he knw he was a married man and he left his wife and when he was thinking of going back to maddie he found out that she disappeared so in a way he did leave her and cheat on her but she gave him an ultimatum and he made a choice and u know the writer actually wanted her to just leave maddie to jean but kids read comic and it would have been a bad influence so they made her a clone and evil to safegaurd scott heroic dignity although even if she was a clone she was still human so that ain't an excuse so anyho most of the blame is on scott  cause he chose to not listen to his wifes ultimatum but  to go back and confirm that jean is back and he did want to kiss her but he knew he was married so basically blame mostly scott

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fodigg
    @MichonneHack27: I don't think Scott is without blame in how he treated her, but people who point this out always fail to point out how much he was being manipulated as well. The guy was grieving and Sinister screwed with him hard. Cyclops didn't handle it well, but that doesn't' mean he's not also kind of a victim in the whole thing. 
    Anodyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Anodyne
    @jubilee042 said:

she loved scott with her heart but he only married her to remember his ex yeah but when he was about to leave maddie told her to never come back if he left that house because she knew he was goiing back to jean and he did  but he couldn't kiss jean because he knw he was a married man and he left his wife and when he was thinking of going back to maddie he found out that she disappeared so in a way he did leave her and cheat on her but she gave him an ultimatum and he made a choice and u know the writer actually wanted her to just leave maddie to jean but kids read comic and it would have been a bad influence so they made her a clone and evil to safegaurd scott heroic dignity although even if she was a clone she was still human so that ain't an excuse so anyho most of the blame is on scott  cause he chose to not listen to his wifes ultimatum but  to go back and confirm that jean is back and he did want to kiss her but he knew he was married so basically blame mostly scott 

Madelyne didn't know Scott was going to see Jean; she didn't learn Jean was alive until Uncanny #232.  In X-Factor #1 Scott told her he was going to see Warren.  From Maddie's POV, how could anything Warren wanted be more important than working out their marital problems--as Scott had just assured her they would do?  In mere moments he did an abrupt about-face from "We'll work thing out--you'll see" to "I'm sorry, Maddy.  I have to go."  No wonder Maddie lost her temper and told him, "Don't bother coming back!"  But a flare-up of anger is not an ultimatum, and Scott should have known better than to take it as such.  Maddie's outburst  wasn't a valid reason for him not to call home sooner; it was merely his excuse.  BTW, in Uncanny #223 we learned that Maddie had tried to call Scott and gotten "no answer when she tried to reach him."

@Michonhack27:  Maddie chose her path, but her choice was based on deception and disinformation.  S'Ym persuaded her that play-acting out in a dream was the best way to purge her dark feelings; how could she have known it wasn't "only a dream"?  And how could she have known S'Ym was a demon?  He didn't look any more demonic than Nightcrawler, whom she knew to be one of the good guys.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @jubilee042: oh and he did kiss Jean in X-Factor 34 before inferno started hehe so he went there loool
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By poisonfleur

Doing what he did to Madelyne has to be Scott's biggest mistake. He broke her heart, left her and her child for another woman, and created a monster. I will always side with her as a villain. She deserves a hardcore revenge arc. The sisterhood story arc was good, although I want to see Maddie at full evil potential next time.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i fell bad for maddie but she always comes back not like jean who stays died

Pokesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh wouldn't blame Scott...how can u blame him after u fucked his brother just saying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.