New Mad TV Show Trailer

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 What, me worry?

Oh, MAD Magazine… how naughty I felt, reading you in fourth grade. Those fold-ins at the back could get so saucy. Anyway, you Comic Vine maniacs might be aware that Alfred E. Neuman and his cohorts are getting a new show on Cartoon Network in about a week. Or maybe I should say it’s their first show. MADTV gave us Ms. Swan, Oprah’s Jack-Ass and Steven Segal’s America, sure, but it never had too many connections to the mag outside of the sporadic SPY VS. SPY short. Courtesy of Comics Continuum, we’ve got a trailer for the new show and feels pretty much exactly like the magazine did - - that is, a rapid-fire pop culture blender. You can check it out below…

MAD just keeps evolving, doesn't it? A year or two ago, I read the excellent comics history book THE 10-CENT PLAGUE, which details how MAD transitioned from comic to magazine so as to get out of the Comics Code’s restrictions - - basically giving EC and the Gaines family the last laugh (pun intended.) Freed from that kind of censorship, MAD became a hallmark of American satire and true reflection of the times. Of course, times change and, with them, formats evolve. Look at how MAD’s long-time rival CRACKED has been reaching new audiences after it metamorphosed into a humor site. I wonder if this new toon will follow suit.  == TEASER ==

Anyway, as you’ll see below, Ol’ Alfred E’s showing up quite a bit here. Also, I have to say that I like the BLUE’S CLUES/AVATAR mash-up. It’s delightfully morbid to see “Jaik Sooly” putting the hurt on a big Blue.  

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

#1 Edited by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this on YouTube and it's still funny.

#2 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see the trailer, for some reason. Nevermind, I can now.

#3 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Adult Swim type of comedy
#4 Posted by Senor Salsa (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Never thought Mad TV was funny.  The only funny skits in this were the ones not relating to pop culture.  Maybe they should stick to that.

#5 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated MAD TV. What a brutal show. But a cartoon could be sweet. Agree with Mutant God, looks like an adult swim type thing which isn't a bad thing.

#6 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Now why the fark is it on Cartoon Network?!  
This should be on Adult Swim,where it won't have to share time slots with all of those really crappy CN shows.
#7 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

that was trippy
#8 Posted by emcgui20 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network definitely seems on the pop culture band wagon. I hope it's an Adult Swim level show.

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.
#10 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks at least as awful as the old show. I mean, I get the jokes. An 8-year-old could get the jokes. I just don't see how any of them are funny.

#11 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

The preview has made me lose all hope I had for humanity.......

#12 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

-.- i hate shows and movies like this

#13 Posted by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV: your avatar is chowder.
#14 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

CSICarly got me the rest is just eww....

#15 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of that was pretty funny.

#16 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

@Colt:
I never said every single thing on Cartoon Network was crap,I just said "all those".

...Well,Chowder and Scooby-Doo are the only ones I really like,and Chowder's been cancelled.

#17 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like robot chickens retarded step brother =/

#18 Posted by undead646 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT FUNNY AT ALL

#19 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused, and aroused....
#20 Posted by DeathinFire (281 posts) - - Show Bio

In my possession is a copy of the issue of MAD that had the Watchmen movie spoof in it.  It's signed to me by Tom Richmond, artist for the spoof.  Plus he did a quick Alfred for me in pencil.  Only thing I have really that's been signed or anything. 
#21 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Mad has never recovered since Gaines died in the 90's. Kind of like the Muppets without Jim Henson.

#22 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by arrowfan237 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

This just looks awful.
#24 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Keyboard Cat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.