Follow

Machine Man

Character » Machine Man appears in 575 issues.

The sole surviving robot of a government project, X-51 had the benefits of humanity by being raised as a son by Dr. Abel Stack. Dubbed "Machine Man", he became a superhero and later an Avenger until being corrupted by Sentinel technology and developing a strong dislike for humans. Now, he stands for all artificially intelligent beings right to be considered sentient.

Copying Cbishop: Kfh`s hypothetical trade paper backs # 5. Jack Kirbys machine man.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

So, the blog entry before the previous one I did, was about Machine mans first appearance-having-story, 2001: Space odyssey-comic TPB. It led directly to this one. Machine mans own ongoing.

The first nine issues were made by Jack Kirby, who apparently wanted to make more stories of the robot with feelings (the character isn`t that simple, of course).

The series is what you can expect from Kirby. Action filled stories that star golden age of comics-like characters, have high stakes, philosophy and alot of splashes. Whole thing filled with his art.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Guess what would be cool? If the stories would look exactly like they use to.

So, issues 1-9, in a neatly collected package. Would you buy it?

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

1-9 and the 2001 stories. All the Kirby Machine Man stuff in one place. The Ditko stuff might be better saved for a Marvel Visionaries book with his Shroud back-up stories for Marvel Premiere, Speedball, and other non-Spidey, Doc Strange work.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

@misteranderson:

I did think of that...But decided not to make a post like that. An omnibus would be cool, though.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I always thought Machine Man was cool, but have really loved the character since the MM mini-series in 1984. I still want a sequel to that. :)

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MisterAnderson

@cbishop: I agree, especially since Sunset Bain was made more relevant to the Marvel Universe following Heroes Reborn, and the resurgence of the Marvel UK line, which seems to have tenuous connections to that future.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misteranderson: I always wanted to see a sequel, because at the end of the mini, Machine Man threatens Bain, and that was just ripe to pick up on.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop
    kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.