A Giant Beast Wrecks Havoc On The Next Clone Wars

Posted by G-Man (31835 posts) - - Show Bio

The Star Wars Universe is known for it's huge variety of aliens and characters. On the next all-new Star Wars: The Clone Wars, get ready to see a creature that you've never seen before, at least not in Star Wars. "The Zillo Beast" airs Friday, April 19 on Cartoon Network at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. In trying to turn the tide of a battle on Malastare, Chancellor Palpatine orders Jedi to unleash the Rebpublic's newest super-weapon, an untested electron bomb. Unfortunately the bomb awakens a fearsome monster of legendary ferocity. The Jedi Knights will see if Yoda was right in saying "size matters not."

“The format of the show allows us to do a lot of different things, and George came to us with the idea – basically – of doing a Clone Wars take on Godzilla,” says Supervising Director Dave Filoni. “He knows I’m a big Godzilla fan, so it was a bizarre story meeting when he presented the idea. I was actually a little intimidated to take it on, because it presented such a production challenge; the model for the Zillo was so much bigger and more complex than anything we’d done before. This whole episode showcases a scope we haven’t really seen yet in The Clone Wars. It’s huge. Luckily, a giant monster in Star Wars isn’t that absurd. And we were able to add our own signature, because it’s the nature of the Jedi to want to subdue the beast rather than to destroy it – just as it’s the nature of the power-mongers to want to harness the Zillo’s power. The result is a lot of fun – big, destructive fun.”

We will find out if Mace Windu has what it takes to lead the Jedi against this beast.

Don't forget to also check out our WonderCon interview with Supervising Director Dave Filoni, voice of young Boba Fett, Daniel Logan and the voice of Aurra Sing, Jaime King.
Staff
#1 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty great monster design, pity I've not kept up to date with the series since roughly mid way through the first season. Will have to look into acquiring some boxsets I think.

#2 Posted by G-Man (31835 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#3 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Yeah I really enjoyed it as well, but here in the UK the show is aired via Cartoon Network which is only accessible through Sky TV which requires you to pay a hefty some for the service and its packages. Not being a Sky TV customer I had to find the episodes by alternative means, became far more troublesome that way :(

Still I enjoy watching the trailers posted on CV, I get my fix that way! :P
#4 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's Star Wars meets Godzilla? Cool idea.

#5 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Giant monster?  Bit of a yawn.  I enjoyed the abbreviated Seven Samurai episode, though.  I've been trying to figure out who is who.

Obi Wan - Kambei
Anakin - Shichiroji, associate of Kambei 
Ahsoka - Katsushiro, the young Samurai
Seripas - Kikuchiyo, the false Samurai
Embo - Kyuzo, the stone-faced.  He's clearly the most skilled of the mercenaries.
Rumi - Gorobei, the archer
Sugi - Heihachi.  While Sugi is much more serious than Heihachi, she doesn't really fit any of the other roles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.