Monet's Appearance!

• 107 results
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I love M, I love her dearly, and I've complained about her looks multiple times in various threads. Her Skin has gradually gotten lighter and lighter, and now, as i sit here and read X-Factor #42, I can't help but to notice that... HER EYES ARE BLUE!! When/Why did that happen???

Before

After
Who is that woman on the right?
#2 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

SHE'S A SKRULL!!!

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jackson secretly does the colouring for Marvel ;)

#4 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

Shes been sitting at her computer too long, got a monitor tan.

#5 Posted by Erik (31662 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah! Marvel.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

that and M used to be attractive

#7 Posted by Erik (31662 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"that and M used to be attractive"
I agree. She used to be so damned hot. It seems like that since her attitude is similar to Emma's, they are slowly making her look like her. Next comic she will bleach her hair. 
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Erik, i was just about to say something about her bleaching her hair, thank you for riding my wave.

Who's idea was this??? The personality is still spot on, but the appearance... i don't understand, and it's not acceptable.

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin's powers are slowly making her white.

#10 Posted by Erik (31662 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring her back the way she is supposed to be.

#11 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they did make her father black, in his original appearance he was white  (before she was introduced). Either way...her look before was better. Even in the beginning of X-Factor she at least looked darker than this.

#12 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I love M, I love her dearly, and I've complained about her looks multiple times in various threads. Her Skin has gradually gotten lighter and lighter, and now, as i sit here and read X-Factor #42, I can't help but to notice that... HER EYES ARE BLUE!! When/Why did that happen???

Before

After
Who is that woman on the right?"
the thing about comics is that writers do whatever they want
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"the thing about comics is that writers do whatever they want"
The colourists too, apparently :p
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Lifeguard85 said:
"Well they did make her father black, in his original appearance he was white  (before she was introduced). Either way...her look before was better. Even in the beginning of X-Factor she at least looked darker than this."
and all her siblings are of a darker complexion.

WHERE DID THESE BLUE EYES COME FROM?!?!
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Secondary mutation!

#16 Posted by Erik (31662 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Secondary mutation!"
LMAO!
#17 Posted by Erik (31662 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw her on the vine page with the bellow image in her profile I kind of thought she looked like an euroasian.
But maybe it's just me.

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate her monochromatic outfit.

Mo!

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL... at least the Phalanx outfit didn't make her look like Skin ;)

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol darn i meant her current X-Factor look, but her and skin looked alike in Gen X?

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I just meant the Phalanx outfits in the scan you posted :)

Personally I can't believe a snob like her would wear something as common as jeans & a t-shirt ;)

#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I KNOW!!! But in her defense the shirt was Prada [=

#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think of her like this...

But she's never really worn clothes according to her budget, class or latest fashions :p
#25 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!

I loved in the latest issue of X-Factor, Siryn offered Monet 1,000 dollars to make Val Cooper go away, to which Monet replied, "i'm rich and you don't have 1,000 dollars"

and then we see her in a blue tank top and purple capris

#26 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!!  I've still got a lot of catching up to do with X-Factor, but I still can't figure out why she'd stay with a team like that... and I'd love to see something between M & Jubilee 'Awwww, what's the matter?  Lost your little sparkly powers?  You want to be super strong?  Oh, I've been super strong and more for years now...!' ;)

#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.... she looks around relishes that she's better than them all, in some way or another.. But you should definitely print that out and send it to Marvel, because that was brilliant! You could have a career as a writer.

#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL... not now that they've closed their open submissions system ;)

#29 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, everything about Monet's appearance since Sook and Calero penciling X-Factor have been disappointing.

In addition to her skin tone being lightened (which really bothers me), she isn't as gorgeous as the mutant who personifies perfection should be.  Her fashion sense is...totally wrong (and I hope that awesome red outfit from early X-Factor returns--it suits her IMO).

PAD has stated he doesn't care at all what the characters look like, but I really think he should.

#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Monet's whole thing is about her Being Perfect, from head to toe, inside and out. And in any given X-Factor issue, she looks like crap. 

#31 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
..... she looks like crap.  "
Really? I would have said that she looked a lot worse in Gen X and when with X-Corps.
#32 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, she was attractive in both of those. 

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"No way, she was attractive in both of those.  "

Actually, I think she looks best in X-Corps, but worst in Gen X.
#34 Posted by Jake Malcom (3134 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Michael Jackson secretly does the colouring for Marvel ;) "
LMAO!!!
#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Factor is a white woman of the same name so she's out of the running anyway.

I loved gen X

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bored with her now.

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"X-Factor is a white woman of the same name so she's out of the running anyway.

I loved gen X

"

Dodson? Bleh.
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"
@pixelized said:
"X-Factor is a white woman of the same name so she's out of the running anyway.

I loved gen X

"
Dodson? Bleh. "
Dodson's best stuff is on X-books.
#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I Agree!

#40 Edited by Harkness (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey simple Solution guys the white Monet is her younger sibblings ^_^  who somehow retained their powers during m day and are impersonating her again to gain some freaking freedom from their suddenly over protective father who for all we know is dead cause Marius escaped and killed him, i mean if Pennance or what ever lame name they are calling her name somehow was kidnapped and placed in a tube and all that jazz and he never said anything to the xmen about it, well it makes me wonder if Carter is really alive. So in short

=======================

EQUALS
                                ======================= 

Of course this probably isn't true but i'd be happy if it was and the sisters just accidentally got the color pigmentation wrong instead of thinking that the artist are slowly turning a cool character into another white person. No offense meant of course its just i see so few ethnic heroes and mutants i actually like
#41 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
Harkness said:
Hey simple Solution guys the white Monet is her younger sibblings ^_^  who somehow retained their powers during m day ... [more]
Only issue is that they know what their sister's skin looks like.......................they need only look in a mirror. 
#42 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
Harkness said: Hey simple Solution guys the white Monet is her younger sibblings ^_^  who somehow retained their powers during ... [more]
Or look at each other... Or remember the last time they impersonated her...
#43 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox_kitty said:
White Mage said: Harkness said: Hey simple Solution guys the white Monet is her younger sibblings ^_^  who somehow retained ... [more]
..........................that's such a damn shame.
#44 Posted by Harkness (10 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys i know i was just trying to turn a spin on things haha, its another new power Monet has developed pigmentation mimicry? Her skin mimics the skin of those around her, and since shes constantly around caucasians well she's turning into one? Who knows haha

#45 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Freakin Blue eyes. Why does she have blue eyes?

#46 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the art in X-Factor is lacking for the most part. Most of the characters look like junk.

#47 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
They are trying to white wash her.
#48 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
Cortex...
#49 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

M, is increasing in popularity to maintain or reclaim things whitening her up, is in effort to keep her momentum up. Just a theory. A highly educated one at that, offended viners specifically. But all in all I'ts WHACK!   She better start looking Algerian (black) ASAP or i'll!...., I'll!.... I'll...... sit here and watch Marvel ruin stuff again, on many levels.

#50 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
pixelized said: Freakin Blue eyes. Why does she have blue eyes? Cortex... [more]
...Wasn't in the picture then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.