Follow

M

Character » M appears in 1714 issues.

Monet St. Croix, also known as 'M', was originally a founding member of Generation X, later envolved with various X-Men related teams. Recently, she rejoined the newly reformed X-Corp (X-Corporation) in a main role.

Monet's and the other Gen X girls relationship w Emma

kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By kamionero

Though X-factor it's been made crystal clear that Monet hates Emma (in the latest issue refusing to even play the white side of chess cause of the queen). I always wondered why that is. As far as I understand the Gen X kids lost respect for Emma when she killed Adrianne... roughly about the same time Banshee became an alcoholic again leading to the disbanding of the group. But M, being the most affected by Synch's death, wouldnt be the one most likely to understand Emma's actions? On a similar note, Husk and Jubilee, the other remaining members of Gen X in the x-books, dont seem to care for Em's much either. It always kinda bothered me. I would figure as ex-students of hers for such a long time, they would be closest to her.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @kamionero: Well Emma doesn't like M a lot either. I've heard it's because Emma is a little freaked out by Monet's  multiple power set and 'perfect' abilities.  

But I guess they kinda clash because they're so much a-like.  Super strong, telepaths who are both notorious rich bitches. (: I love their banter.
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By jakeeboi17
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    Super strong, telepaths who are both notorious rich bitches. (: I love their banter. "

I could not have put that better myself ;)
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yeah Monet and Emma had their moments in Gen X but never really liked each other. Jubes and Paige warmed up to her a bit but then Emma would always turn back to bitch for one reason or another so it kinda does make sense.
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

Have they had any recent panel time together? Is there any scans showing her dislike?

kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By kamionero
    @Baddamdog:  I dont have the pics on hand, but during the crossovers where X-factor would interact w the X-men like World War hulk and the last time Xfactor visited utopia (cant recall the reason) Monet mentioned wanting to dodge Emma. Then she says she prefers to stay away from White Queens in one of the latest X--factor issues. 

Paige also made a comment about not liking Emma... I cant recall when or where... lol sorry... but just the odd animosity kinda bothered me... especially since i want Paige to find a diamond form soon so she can have a nice kick-@$$ moment w emma hahaha. 

@Cherry Bomb said:
    " @kamionero: Well Emma doesn't like M a lot either. I've heard it's because Emma is a little freaked out by Monet's  multiple power set and 'perfect' abilities.   But I guess they kinda clash because they're so much a-like.  Super strong, telepaths who are both notorious rich bitches. (: I love their banter. "
    Hahahhaa I love their banter too. I also love when Psylocke was first resurrected after killed in X-Treme and her and Emma share an air kiss and some greeting words while their thought baloons say "Cow" "Slag"
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By riri4life
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @kamionero: Well Emma doesn't like M a lot either. I've heard it's because Emma is a little freaked out by Monet's  multiple power set and 'perfect' abilities.   But I guess they kinda clash because they're so much a-like.  Super strong, telepaths who are both notorious rich bitches. (: I love their banter. "

QFT
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Ryonslaught

I always thought the similarities of Emma and Monet was the reason for their hate
    both are very pr-mutant, rich, beautiful and bitchy :)

As you guys pointed out it's weird all the girls hate her! What I find even weirder is how often
    her interactions with key people from her past like warpath just get swept under the carpet. 
    Here's a student with which she has always had a good relationship, he even called her up 
    to deal with Macendale when he found out he was responsible for his families death and she 
    and him have held the secret of what she did to said person from then till now. 

So much potential interactions lost in Utopia (shakes head)

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jordama

Emma wanted to kill Jubes...I'm jut sayin' 

Outside of that, I don't think any relationships Emma and her students have been mentioned besides that she had students that die a lot.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By lorex

I think part of the problem is Emma was probable closed to her Hellions and when they died she lost it for a while. I believe when teaching Gen X she maintained a clear distinction between teacher and student
    and never really became their friend and let on that she cared. As for he relationship between Emma and M well I think they are very much alike and their personalities don't mesh.

Lorialet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lorialet

Many of Emma's former students, including Monet seem to dislike her. From what I recall from Generation X, Monet didn't like Emma because of her past as the White Queen, since Monet didn't think that people could change, but just became better at hiding who they were. And I guess that them both being bitchy snobs doesn't help.

MagnusLensherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MagnusLensherr

I think Emma always cared for the Gen X girls but because of her past with teaching the Hellions she had to keep her distance and it came off as bitchiness towards the girls. Kind of like the situation between Emma and Surge.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By HexThis

Emma doesn't really get along with women in general. I think it probably has to do with the fact that her mother never stood up to her controlling, adulterous, and emotionally abusive father. 

Monet is similar but her tough love usually has a more apparent softness to it. Like when Rahne announced she was going to leave X-factor and Monet revealed she'd bought her an I-Phone....which she subsequently crushed with one fist then said "Don't be a stranger or at least don't be any stranger"....but it's the thought that counts, right?

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Ouija

@MagnusLensherr: I believe this is the closest answer. She never wanted to get to close and that made them think she didn't like them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.