Star Wars: Invasion #1 Reviewed, Yes, A Star Wars Comic

Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Star Wars.  I can even forgive some of the newer stuff since it's at least some more Star Wars content.  There was a request that we review a Star Wars comic.  I thought the first issue of this new series would be the perfect one to review.  This comic takes place about twenty-five years after the Battle of Yavin.  We also see the first comic appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong.  Yuuzhan who?  They're a race of space bastards that really caused a lot of problems in the recent New Jedi Order stories in the novels.  How does this new series rate?  Is it worth getting?

 

So what do you think?  Do you read and enjoy the Star Wars comics?  Have you read about the Yuuzhan Vong's invasion?  Do you think Star Wars translates well into comics?
#1 Edited by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio

those bastards they killed chewwie

G~man stop playing with that bomb

#2 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

You go G-Man! Star Wars all the way! I think I'm going to like Finn Galfridian. I just feel sad I didn't saw Mara Jade on the expected character list.

#3 Posted by The Messanger (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Star Wars!! No not CHEWY!?!

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a good comic..I'm a star wars fan as well :p

#5 Edited by Tyler Starke (4230 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought this comic( first SW comic I ever bought), because of the luke skywalker bit on the cover, I'm a huge fan of the movies, but i feel like there is way to much post revenge of the jedi history now, and I feel completely lost, so I doubt I'll pick up anymore of these, and yeah I didn't know freakin chewie was dead either, that shows you how lost I am

#6 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is going to be great, I love the "New Jedi Order" there are lot of new faces to see especially the new generation of Jedi, like Han and Leia kids Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin, Chewie's son Lowbacca, and even Leia wielding a lightsaber (who some refer to as Lady Vader do to her red lightsaber and her dad being Vader). I have real high hopes for this series not to mention Jo chen is doing the covers, Joy!

#7 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: I have a question? If I like the movies and want to see what happened after Return of the Jedi, but like comics better then novels, is this a good place to jump in? 


 

#8 Edited by Tyler Starke (4230 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda hate the idea of the Yuuzhan vong, because they just seem to be CONTRARY to everything... just because, I like my villians to have a little more depth behind them, in place of the I hate everything thats not ME! die!!!!  sentiment the vong seem to have, ohh and I hate them because they killed chewie!

#9 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"

@G-Man: I have a question? If I like the movies and want to see what happened after Return of the Jedi, but like comics better then novels, is this a good place to jump in? 


 

"
If they plan on keeping things consistent, it could be good.  Dark Empire is a good read for right after Return of the Jedi.  This obviously jumps some years after but perhaps they'll tell more of the story during this time period.  Star Wars Tales told some of the story.  Star Wars: Chewbacca was a mini-series that tells his life story, including his death/sacrifice.  It looks like it's still in print (eleven bucks at amazon).
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I read some of the Yuuzhan Vong novels, maybe I should give the comic a try?

Moderator
#11 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" I read some of the Yuuzhan Vong novels, maybe I should give the comic a try? "
I answered that in the video.  BUY SOME HEADPHONES OR SPEAKERS!
#12 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"@War Killer said:
"

@G-Man: I have a question? If I like the movies and want to see what happened after Return of the Jedi, but like comics better then novels, is this a good place to jump in? 


 

"
If they plan on keeping things consistent, it could be good.  Dark Empire is a good read for right after Return of the Jedi.  This obviously jumps some years after but perhaps they'll tell more of the story during this time period.  Star Wars Tales told some of the story.  Star Wars: Chewbacca was a mini-series that tells his life story, including his death/sacrifice.  It looks like it's still in print (eleven bucks at amazon). "
Cool, thanks, I'll check some of these out
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

>_>

I'll try and fix my sound problem now, I guess I've been lazy for a few months too long...

Moderator
#14 Edited by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke said:
" I kinda hate the idea of the Yuuzhan vong, because they just seem to be CONTRARY to everything... just because, I like my villians to have a little more depth behind them, in place of the I hate everything thats not ME! die!!!!  sentiment the vong seem to have, ohh and I hate them because they killed chewie! "
I dont think it fair to directly blame the Vong for Chewies death, I mean he died to save Anakin due to the life debt he owed Han, so blame one of them lol.
#15 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet I could beat you in a lightsaber battle...maybe if I had a lightsaber, but in Battlefront oh you would get owned.

#16 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!! YOU FINALLY REVIEWED A STAR WARS COMIC!! I'M SOOOO GLAAAAD!!! THIS DAY HAS FINALLY COME!

#17 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, Legacy is the best Star Wars comic series in the world. Review Legacy rather than Invasion. Legacy = Pwnage.

#18 Posted by Grey-Boss (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Star Wars but I'm sticking to the movies.

#19 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grey-Boss said:
"Love Star Wars but I'm sticking to the movies."

Try jumping into the comics. This series wasn't particularly interesting, but series like Legacy, KOTOR and Dark Times are excelent.
#20 Posted by SirSparkington (336 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Star Wars: Legacy. Its easily one of the consistently good comics out there.

#21 Posted by Captain Majestic (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually you can blame anakin solo (son of han) for the death of chewie

#22 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.