Is Luke the Greatest Jedi Ever?

#1 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so agree or disagree let me know...

#2 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

He did destroy the Empire and bring balance to the force...

#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

We should get the opinion of

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it depends on how you define greatest. Luke did some pretty amazing stuff but Cade was powerful enough to bring dead people back to life

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30179 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Luke is the most powerful Jedi to ever live.

#6 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Yes, Luke is the most powerful Jedi to ever live.

I was curious, figured you would know. Would Anakin Skywalker been stronger than Luke if he had never fell into the lava and lost his limbs and ability to breathe/survive on his own?

#7 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: he is said to have had the potential to have.

what do you think?

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (16066 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: he is said to have had the potential to have.

what do you think?

Luke is the most powerful Jedi, he would definitely be one of the greatest. The only other contenders for the "greatest" title would be Yoda, possibly Odan-Urr and maybe Satele Shan. Arca Jeth is a few tiers below, as is Bodo-Bass.

#9 Edited by ShootingNova (16066 posts) - - Show Bio

Rajivari, Garon Jard, Cala Brin and Ters Sendon were the founders of the Jedi Order, and lay down all the principles and rules/guidelines etc. about how to become a Jedi, you might consider them great that way but in my opinion they are nowhere near as great as Luke, Yoda, Satele, Odan-Urr etc.

@guttridgeb said:

I think it depends on how you define greatest. Luke did some pretty amazing stuff but Cade was powerful enough to bring dead people back to life

He only brought people back from the edge of death. Kreia has done similarly.

#10 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Is he also the greatest / best Jedi as well?

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30179 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@JediXMan: Is he also the greatest / best Jedi as well?

Long as he's not being written by Troy Denning, yeah.

#12 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: True, Are you a Karen Traviss hater?

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30179 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@JediXMan: True, Karen Traviss hater?

What? I love Traviss. I hate Denning,

#14 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Same, sems like everyone else hates Traviss though, I love her mandalorian and clone ones.

#15 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

He did destroy the Empire and bring balance to the force...

Yoda could've done that with his walking stick.

#16 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Not so sure

#17 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: I think what makes Luke special, is that he wasn't as pompous as the other Jedi, it had been too long since any of them had a worthy foe, Palpatine knew that and could use it against them, he wasn't so lucky when it came to LUKE, Luke Skywalker knew what it was like to be up against impossible odds and realized that he had to work hard and stop underestimating the empire because for all their "good intentions" they were still ruthless and powerful enough to get away with it! In fact, the only reason he left Yoda before he was fully trained was because he was afraid of what would happen to his friends if he DIDN'T. So he wasn't arrogant enough to think that he could defeat the entire empire single-handedly, he just wanted to see if he could help! This was actually rather brave of him but it backfired when he underestimated Darth Vader and was pretty much humiliated when he tried to fight him the first time, Luke DID however learn not to make the same mistake again and this time it was Darth Vader who underestimated LUKE! So things only went bad for Luke when he assumed the Emperor was powerless without Darth Vader to hide behind anymore. BIG MISTAKE. However, that NOT all Luke's fault, so technically, Luke Skywalker may not be the greatest Jedi ever, but he's pretty close if only becuae the main reason he ever loses a fight is when he's outmatched, overwhelmed, or just plain unlucky!

#18 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't he currently dead in canon now too?

#19 Posted by Hyperlight (5679 posts) - - Show Bio

luke is def in the top 5

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.