Follow

Luke Skywalker

Character » Luke Skywalker appears in 1284 issues.

The son of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker set out to save Princess Leia from the Empire and became a hero of the Rebel Alliance. Luke began training to become a Jedi under the tuition of both Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, and after discovering his heritage and redeeming his father, he became the leader of the New Jedi Order and brought the Jedi back into the Galaxy, arguably making him the greatest and most powerful Jedi of all time. Before training Rey, his Jedi apprentices were Ben Solo, Hennix, Tai and Voe.

Argh! Another Star Wars Movie Rumor

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Sigh...Here we go again.  It wasn't long ago that we had that... made up rumor about George Lucas wanting to do more Star Wars movies, in 3-D.  People are trying to say he's concerned over James Cameron's Avatar and wants to do another Star Wars movie to keep the franchise going.  This current rumor came out yesterday and I've really really tried avoiding posting about it.  Unfortunately, I suppose I have to do it.  You guys deserve to know just in case there is some absolutely miniscule chance this could ever become a reality.

AICN got word of a blog entry on Thomas Dolby's ("She Blinded Me With Science") blog:

My host is friend and former collaborator Paul Sebastien, who over the years has worked for Xbox, Playstation, and now LucasArts. Last night he was telling me a little about the forthcoming Star Wars-related TV show, movie and online games—very cool indeed.

Because of a mention of the word "movie," everyone is going crazy over this.  Well, let me now burst your bubble.  As much as I would love another Star Wars movie, I know it's not possible.  And it turns out, it's not going to happen.  Mr. Dolby has posted a "correction" on his blog this morning:

A slight correction about the Lucas thing that my friend Paul Sebastien pointed out to me: he’s actually not aware of any movie plans, and was just talking about the live action TV show that George had talked about in an interview with an Australian TV station a while back. Paul is only working on the games side, and I know from past experience that he’s very professional and discrete, and would never leak confidential secrets, even to a close friend.
    Sorry to throw a bucket of water on it, Star Wars fans: I should have chosen my words more carefully given the ultra-sensitivity of your blogosphere! 

There you have it.  The only reason I'm writing about this is in case you did hear about this yesterday and were wondering why I didn't post about it (since I'm such a huge Star Wars fan).  You can go about your business now.  Move along.  These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RavagingHamster

nice ending lol SO glad they arent making another film. They dont need it! He'd be ruining it further rather than helping the franchise.  Why would Lucas be all in a huff about Avatar? Star Wars is Star Wars, and its NEVER going away, at least not in our lifetimes.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By welshguy

Meh. Think I'm suffering from Star Wars Over Exposure. Used to be news like this would instantly get my attention. Not anymore. Same goes for how I would watch the original trilogy every few weeks or so but now I really can't be bothered (at least until they do a new version in which the Empire wins and Emperor Palpatine lives happily ever after). The prospect of a live action tv show about star wars does not exactly grab me by the short and curly's. As for another film... only if they promise no children or comedy robots.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I guess I'm the Star Wars Classic fan. Original Trilogy, and Marvel Comics fan. The only thing I've picked up lately has been the Dark Horse renditions of Star Wars and Splinter of the Mind's Eye; and the Star Wars Infinities trades. I have no desire to see any of the prequel trilogy or Clone Wars. (That way my memories will live on "untarnished"...)

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

I remember a friend several years ago telling me emfatically that Star Wars was better than Star Trek because Lucas knew to stop at  3 movies rather than (at the time) 7 movies and 3.5 series'. 

Thanks for proving him wrong, Mr. Lucas.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By King Quisling

If you dislike Star Wars and all the SW related rumors just don't post about them. Even though there are Star Wars comics doesn't mean this is comic news.  BTW "She Blinded Me With Science" is a great song. :)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hamz

*Darth Vader voice*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @King Quisling: Not sure where you got that I "dislike Star Wars."  I wrote in the article that I would love another Star Wars movie.  I don't like made up BS rumors.  Since I report on the news, if there's even the smallest possibility, I have to report on it.  Star Wars comics are a huge deal.  It doesn't matter that Star Wars started out as a movie.  I also report on the Star Wars Clone Wars TV show.  Saying I shouldn't post about a Star Wars movie is almost like saying I shouldn't post about Iron Man 2.

As far as Thomas Dolby, that whole album, The Golden Age Of Science was great.  I had the cassette back in the day.  You should try to track down the extended remix of "She Blinded Me With Science."
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By skaarason

i could go for 3 films about star wars legacy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I could go for 3 good quality Star Wars movies but they would have to be better than the last three...they were horrible and in my eyes have hurt the franchise. Do it good or not at all.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

George Lucas should do Star wars the force unleashed yeah! Or Star Wars Episode 7: Beginning Of The New. 

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King Quisling
    @G-Man said:
    "   Sigh...Here we go again. "  
    Sorry. Didn't mean that you dislike Star Wars, who could not love?! I meant if you dislike Star Wars rumors. Also Iron Man 2 is worth posting about because it's a actual comic movie & like 1/3 of the posts turn out to be rumors. With Star Wars you never know what's true or not. Remember when we were told Episodes 1-3 were going to be WAY better than the original trilogy? But yeah, understand you're a reporter but these are rumors of a 80's pop-star who was one-hit wonder at best. Are they really very credible? No. :P Even he acknowledged that he didn't know what he was talking about. There's been talks of a live action Star Wars show for almost half my life. I'm sure no one really knows what's in the future for Star Wars except for Lucas himself. 
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marshal Victory
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I want more Star Wars movies

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Argentino_18

She blinded with cience.... I cannot believe that guy,..he is fraggin blind.....

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By goldenkey

If george did a 3-d trilogy he could use the original crew of Han, luke, liea etc.  This way Carrie Fischer would be such fatass either.  Could you imagine her in star wars movie now running around all fat as Jedi?  She looks more like Jaba then Liea.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goldenkey
    @Satyrquaze said:
    "I remember a friend several years ago telling me emfatically that Star Wars was better than Star Trek because Lucas knew to stop at  3 movies rather than (at the time) 7 movies and 3.5 series'.  Thanks for proving him wrong, Mr. Lucas. "

even with the bad 2nd trilogy it's still better, and the clone wars show is good. It's Lucas directing that killed the 2nd 3 movies
    VicDeZen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VicDeZen

Another movie does not have to be made.  Leave it as is.  the six movies are good enough. 

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By umbrafeline

no umm... 8th film [im including the ewoks film]? ok with the cartoon series and the books filling gaps between the originals and prequels i dont htink georgie boy needs to make another theatrical release. maybe a telefilm could work with george producing and somebody else directing.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I believe that if any move is possible. It would be another computer animated Star Wars movie.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Moomin123

I've heard rumours that Lucas wants to remake the original trilogy, with Zac Efron as Luke Skywalker. As much as I hate Zac Efron, he does look quite like a young Mark Hamill. 

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By SevanGrim
    @King Quisling said:
    " If you dislike Star Wars and all the SW related rumors just don't post about them. Even though there are Star Wars comics doesn't mean this is comic news. 
    ... the internet is a competitive place. You get info that might pertain to your target audience, you post it so your target audience doesnt go elsewhere. And since most of us comics dorks are also sci-fi/video game dorks,we get that stuff here.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

I'm actually glad that it was only a rumor...with the way that Lucas handled the prelude trilogy I'm thinking that he should just let the franchise rest

your_navigator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By your_navigator

I don't have anything of substance to add so, just for a chuckle: 

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By drawme

Please, give me another movie. 
    Me = huge fan

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vicsrealms

I'm not so excited about the idea of a TV series, but unless they try and fill in the blanks in certain areas (which has always been the job of their novels and comics) I don't see how or even a good reason why to do more.  While I wasn't a fan of the Episode 2 or 3 (at least the parts where Anican was whining throughoutt the movie) the other four were pretty good.  I still prefer the books to any other form of media that Lucas has been putting out (except for KOTOR).  Right now he should stick with the Clone Wars series and be happy with it as its a pretty enjoyable series of fillers for the time period.

Avatar image for legend_of_zelda
    Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Legend of Zelda

What's wrong with Star wars? It's very popular.

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By waruikumo
    @Moomin123:  
    I'm ok with that, i guess, its better than him retooling the original trilogy with new special effects.  What made the original great was that it looked awesome with out CG. 

When the HELL is Star Wars on BLURAY coming out?  Seriously. 

They just need to make an epic Luke RPG game post ROTJ.  big problem with making movies post ROTJ is...... all the crap thats came out since (not saying its actually "crap", just crap as in stuff).  As much as Lucas likes to act like that stuff doesn't matter in the "real" Star Wars cannon (uppity bastard).  They would lose so much money on Making 7-9, from all the non film stories that have came out since. 

Although there is just no possible way to make any star wars film as good as Empire, just no way.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iloverobots
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I've heard rumours that Lucas wants to remake the original trilogy, with Zac Efron as Luke Skywalker. As much as I hate Zac Efron, he does look quite like a young Mark Hamill.  "
    That rumor came from Zac Effron saying he visited the ranch a while back and he'd love to be in a Star Wars movie (or anything SW related). I think some people spread a rumor saying he was considered for a role in the live action but I'm pretty sure that rumor died a while back. 

The live action will cover a new (well at least new on screen) part of the Star Wars saga: a few years before A New Hope (which means no Leia, Han or Luke, or at least not as a team). As for another trilogy, there's been rumors going around on the web for a few years now (pretty much since during the prequels trilogy) but eh... sci-fi nerds love rumors so sometimes you gotta just ignore what you see/hear until it comes straight from the horse's mouth.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By geraldthesloth

I could go for some Old Republic action..but that wont be the case more than likely

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LP
    @waruikumo said:
    " @Moomin123:  I'm ok with that, i guess, its better than him retooling the original trilogy with new special effects.  What made the original great was that it looked awesome with out CG.
    In fact- it looks more awesome without CG than with it. The moral of the story here is: If it aint broke don't fix it.
    vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vicsrealms
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I've heard rumours that Lucas wants to remake the original trilogy, with Zac Efron as Luke Skywalker. As much as I hate Zac Efron, he does look quite like a young Mark Hamill.  "
    I don't even know who Zac Efron is, but I don't see how you are ever going to find someone that can possibly replace Harrison Ford as Han Solo.  It just ain't going to happen.  They don't really need to remake 4-6 as they were pretty good movies (with Empire being my favorite and sealing Han Solo as my #1 favorite Star Wars character).
    Avatar image for fantastic_thing
    fantastic thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fantastic thing

I hope thre go to be movie movie  of stAR WarS so that some of the story arc  great as a movie 

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By The_Thunderer

@skaarason said:

i could go for 3 films about star wars legacy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of funny how that tip you heard ended up being accurate. Disney might have been speaking with the Lucas camp about how much he would sell the property for over the course of years and it just ended up bearing fruit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.