Follow

Luke Cage

Character » Luke Cage appears in 3079 issues.

Luke Cage, wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. With his street smarts and unending determination to do right, he fights for the common man! He eventually married Jessica Jones and had a daughter with her.

Who should be the villains in Luke Cage Netflix series?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Some of his villains are going to be hard to portray onscreen without having some things changed, but I want to know who do you think would be a good fit for the show?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By MatthewParker

Idk his villain tbh. Sorry!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Purple man, Tombstone.

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He should have that albino guy... and Tombstone too.

mauajahahahahajaajajaj

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@spideysense44: Tombstone, the mob, Kingpin (could work for both DD and Cage if Marvel has his rights)

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Captain13

In the Power Man series, I would like to see him battle Tombstone, Stryker/Diamondback, Warhawk, Hardcore, Incinerator, Cheshire Cat, and, maybe, Lucia von Bardas, but I would save her for Season 2, once Power Man is an established operative/mercenary. I don't see Power Man battling too many gangsters at first, because he was part of some funky experiment before his escape. I imagine those who experimented on him want him back.

Here's a comprehensive list of his villains: http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/LukeCage.asp

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mauajahahahahajaajajaj

LOL I think Tombstone is the albino guy

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Do you think they would make new villains if they had to? And I think it'd be cool to see a cameo of Black Mariah maybe on a television screen getting arrested on the news or something.

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goblinalghoul said:

mauajahahahahajaajajaj

LOL I think Tombstone is the albino guy

Exactly.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

Purple man, Tombstone.

Purple Man fits more with Jessica Jones.

@captain13

For Luke Cage, these are the top villains I want to see (in no particular order):

1. Willis Stryker
    2. Shades
    3. Comanche
    4. Gadget
    5. Big Ben Donovan
    6. Billy Bob Rackham
    7. Cockroach Hamilton
    8. Chemistro
    9. Black Mariah
    10. Discus / Stiletto
    11. John Bushmaster
    12. Hardcore
    13. Piranha Jones
    14. Nightshade
    15. Mountain Man Marko
    16. Gideon Mace

I think its safe to say not all of them will make it, but I think Luke Cage has enough of his own mythology without needing to pull from others. It just depends on what the tone and focus of the Netflix show will be on. I think since this will be the origin of the character, its best to incorporate the gang aspect a little bit more (differentiating it from the mystical aspect of Iron Fist, detective aspect of Jessica Jones, and crime drama aspects of Daredevil). We can see Luke Cage as once part of the Rivals, and eventually having to come face to face with his past by fighting against gang violence and stopping them from wreaking havoc. You could even bring in Flea, as a street informant who helps Cage out, and eventually gets killed for 'selling out'. This show has the potential to be super cool.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: I don't know. If they are going for older, I think Terry Crews. But I think they might go for an unknown in their 30s like they are for Daredevil.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: Jessica Biel might be a good choice. Eden Sher if they are aiming younger.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fitzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fitzy

Chemistro! The Curtis Carr version. Why? Several reasons...

1. He's powerful but not in the way that Luke Cage is... Curtis is a chemist, a scientific genius. It's pretty easy to see that Chemistro can develop some hate and resentment towards Luke because of that (and... well, the fact that the first person to stop him is Luke, which is often reason enough for supervillain hatred!)... I can see Curtis as out to prove himself as better due to his genius (yes it's a bit like the Lex Luthor/Superman rivalry but who cares?).

2. The Curtis Carr Chemistro was the one in the first Avengers cartoon series.

3. Both Arch Morton and Curtis' brother both stole Curtis' Alchemy Gun; in fact Arch nearly beat Curtis to death in prison. This could be altered as very compelling reasons for Curtis to become... "unhinged"... I mean the REAL powerful one is the guy with the brains to create such a weapon in the first place! In fact a re-writing of the story for Netflix could have Arch (Arch is kind of a scumbag) kill Calvin causing Curtis to go completely over the edge... Maybe even imbue his own body with the power of the Alchemy Gun! Watch out Cage!

4. Chemistro takes Cage to the next level which is where Cage deserves to be... In fact, like many hero/villain relationships I can see Chemistro as coming to admire Cage despite his hatred... Kind of like (YES! OK I admit it) the Joker towards Batman!

5. At the same time Chemistro comes from a very different place than many other villains. A genius from a poor background who pulled himself by his bootstraps because of his genius: is sheer ability and willpower. He's no ordinary street thug. He finds himself abused by aggressive, criminal strongmen until... He snaps! In fact I can see him out to kill Cottonmouth, thus forming an unlikely Cottonmouth/Cage partnership (for a while).

Fitzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Chemistro! A formidable individual who is outside of Luke Cage's scope. A chemist (or is it chemical engineer?) who goes off the rails. An enemy who is about three times or more intelligent than most of Cage's enemies: a challenge. Arguably Cage's archenemy!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.