Where is Luke Cage?

#1 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this character currently up 2? Is he still leading the Thunderbolts or has he been placed in Limbo?

#2 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

He's leading the Thunderbolts and the New Avengers, last I heard. 

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Ahh ok. Thanks.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
Last I checked he's only leading the Thunderbolts.
#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Gambit1024 said:
Last I checked he's only leading the Thunderbolts.

Unless something changed recently, he's still in the New Avengers. Perhaps not leading them, I'm not paying much attention to the series.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Unless something changed recently, he's still in the New Avengers. Perhaps not leading them, I'm not paying much attention to the series.

He's still on the team but he's not the leader.Last I checked Hawkeye and Ms.Marvel were sharing that responsibility.
#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, gathered as much. I read the first arc, and then I kinda zoned out of it. Deodato isn't making it easy to get back. Neither is Bendis, pulling PIS too. I'm glad he's not leading though, I'd like it Ms. Marvel took it full time though.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@ReVamp said:

He's still on the team but he's not the leader.Last I checked Hawkeye and Ms.Marvel were sharing that responsibility.
Really? Huh. 
#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@ReVamp said:

Captain America made him the leader again.

#10 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@ReVamp said:

I'm pretty sure Hawkeye resigned from the New Avengers after the first arc of the revamp.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Vance Astro said:

@ReVamp said:

I'm pretty sure Hawkeye resigned from the New Avengers after the first arc of the revamp.

Yeah, now that you mention it... LMAO.

#12 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Seems to me that he thought he was too good to be with the ghetto avengers. It just shows that he's in it for the glamour as opposed to actually being a hero. Spider-Man is on the Avengers and the FF, yet still makes time to roll with the New Avengers........

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Seems to me that he thought he was too good to be with the ghetto avengers. It just shows that he's in it for the glamour as opposed to actually being a hero. Spider-Man is on the Avengers and the FF, yet still makes time to roll with the New Avengers........

Naw, its all editorial. Only the really popular people are in both teams, like Spidey and Wolverine. They thought Hawkeye could make the cut, but I think they kinda regretted it in the end. I don't know why he was there to begin with, he should've just went on the main Avengers team if it were up to me.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: Yeah, I was gonna say... Hawkeye's an instructor at Avengers Academy too. Is he still on the main team?
#15 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@royale_with_cheese: Yeah, I was gonna say... Hawkeye's an instructor at Avengers Academy too. Is he still on the main team?

Yeah he is. He's also on the Secret Avengers as well, most likely for marketing purposes.

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: Oh, that's right. I forgot about that team too. You know, for a company that loves continuity, Marvel reeeeeeeeeeally sucks at establishing it. Hawkeye's on 3 teams (if you count AA), Wolverine's on like 10, Spider-Man's got 2, etc. etc.  

Where do these guys find the time to be on all these teams, yet have their own solo adventures, and be a part of big events?
#17 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Spidey has 3, techs.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Yeah he is. He's also on the Secret Avengers as well, most likely for marketing purposes.

The truth. LOL.

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Right. The New Avengers..... They're about as useful as if the Jersey Shore people were in 'Nam. ...They're useless...
#20 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- He is changing diapers and getting yelled at by his wife for not picking up formula on the way home

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Huh. 
I haven't read the book in a while but I remember in the beginning of Vol.2 Hawkeye and Ms.Marvel took that responsibility since Cage for some reason didn't even know he was supposed to be the leader.
#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Leading the Thunderbolts and is still part of the New Avengers.

#23 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

getting back to luke he is co leading the thunderbolts with songbird and leading the new avengers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.