Follow

Luke Cage

Character » Luke Cage appears in 3079 issues.

Luke Cage, wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. With his street smarts and unending determination to do right, he fights for the common man! He eventually married Jessica Jones and had a daughter with her.

What's his connection or affiliation to the Thunderbolts?

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

Can some please explain that to me? Because isn't he going to be joining them or something?

xXLukeCageXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By xXLukeCageXx

Luke Cage will be the leader of the thunderbolts in The Heroic Age,  he is trying to reform them because he knows  what it's like to be bad and he gonna try and reform them into heros .

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

A good twist on the Thunderbolts theme. Apparently they'll be operating out of the prison the Raft and Mach-V and Fixer will be involved (at least from the preview) here's hoping Songbird is there too to keep an eye on Karla. And they gotta have at least some recurring appearances from Hawkeye and Iron Fist.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#4  Edited By MTHarman
    @xXLukeCageXx said:
    "Luke Cage will be the leader of the thunderbolts in The Heroic Age,  he is trying to reform them because he knows  what it's like to be bad and he gonna try and reform them into heros . "

I agree, Luke Cage does make an awesome leader for the Thunderbolts. He started his career from prison when he accepted to become a test subject for an experiment, trying to have an early release from jail. Luke Cage makes a perfect candidate for a hero who's focusing on reforming. 
    What you should be asking is how is Man-Thing in the line-up, thats what im wondering and what's making me excited to get this issue today.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @MTHarman said:
    " @xXLukeCageXx said:
    "Luke Cage will be the leader of the thunderbolts in The Heroic Age,  he is trying to reform them because he knows  what it's like to be bad and he gonna try and reform them into heros . "
    I agree, Luke Cage does make an awesome leader for the Thunderbolts. He started his career from prison when he accepted to become a test subject for an experiment, trying to have an early release from jail. Luke Cage makes a perfect candidate for a hero who's focusing on reforming. What you should be asking is how is Man-Thing in the line-up, thats what im wondering and what's making me excited to get this issue today. "
    Luke Cage was never really a criminal though.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#6  Edited By MTHarman
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @MTHarman said:
    " @xXLukeCageXx said:
    I agree, Luke Cage does make an awesome leader for the Thunderbolts. He started his career from prison when he accepted to become a test subject for an experiment, trying to have an early release from jail. Luke Cage makes a perfect candidate for a hero who's focusing on reforming. What you should be asking is how is Man-Thing in the line-up, thats what im wondering and what's making me excited to get this issue today. "
    Luke Cage was never really a criminal though. "

He was, only as a teenager before being sent to prison, his friend named Stryker set him up and framed Cage for a crime he didn't commit, like any typical gang member would do. 
     Given a full sentence for a crime that he didn't commit, it was because of his gang status that landed him jail so easily. Even in prison, you really have no choice but to become a criminal to survive and its understandable, prison does change a man when he realizes what he needs to do to survive. Thats why I think Cage is a perfect candidate for rehibilitation of other criminals, because he knows what its like to be a criminal, to make stupid choices in life, like joining a small time gang that ended in betrayel and into a much worse enviroment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.