Follow

Luke Cage

Character » Luke Cage appears in 3079 issues.

Luke Cage, wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. With his street smarts and unending determination to do right, he fights for the common man! He eventually married Jessica Jones and had a daughter with her.

What Would Have Been: Quentin Tarantino's Luke Cage Film

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/12/18/sweet-christmas-quentin-tarantino-wanted-to-make-a-luke-cage-movie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You know that awesome movie Reservoir Dogs? Well, after that was made, director Quentin Tarantino was almost going to make a Luke Cage film starring (a much younger, obviously) Laurence Fishburne:

“After Reservoir Dogs, I had considered doing a Luke Cage, Hero for Hire movie,” he says. “[Producer] Ed Pressman owned the rights at that time, and we talked about it,” he told us. “I talked to Larry Fish [Laurence Fishburne] about being Luke Cage, and he really liked that idea. Then I ended up writing Pulp Fiction.”

So... The amateur artist in me was dying to know what this would've looked like, and well.. I think this would've been the perfect movie. Lookit:

No Caption Provided

So what do you think? Would this or would this not have been the best movie ever? Because I do. Pulp Fiction's my favorite movie of all time, but this would've been... something else, lol.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I don't believe QT on this statement. I just dont think there was any room in his mind for any other movie other then Pulp Fiction. The question sounds like a flash in his mind that, if he had gotten the opportunity what would he make, and by all means he'd make a blaxploitation themed hero like Luke Cage. But if he had Pulp Fiction in one hand and Luke Cage in the other, he's going with Pulp Fiction every time. I'm glad he didn't make it, I honestly don't want a script with Luke Cage that doesn't feature Danny Rand. QT would leave Iron Fist out, and it would be a throw back movie decked out with his old look and a fro, that wouldn't be good for Marvel.

Kill Bill should be his concern, and he should be focusing on the next one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet Christmas!

I would have like to have seen Tarantino take crack at a Luke Cage movie. If he would've taking the blaxploitation route, I would had faith in him too do it well. Jackie Brown is a good example of this.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mega_spidey01

a luke cage movie by qt would've been awesome !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.