Tyrese Gibson Talks Transformers 2 & Luke Cage

Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio
Tyrese Gibson
Luke Cage, ready for his close up?
Tyrese Gibson seems like a busy guy these days.  In a recent interview at MovieWeb.com, he gave some information about the possibility of a Luke Cage movie.
I am hoping to be a part of it. I met with Avi Arad a while ago about the project. Right now they are just starting to tweak the script. I will definitely be the first one to put my eyes on it. And we will figure out what happens after that.

I really can't speak on it too much. It is something that I am really exciting about potentially being a part of.

Of course what we really want to know is would he be wearing the yellow satin shirt and tiara?

As for his character in Transformers : Revenge Of The Fallen:
[M]y character has been upgraded to Master Sergeant Epps. I am the top dog in the air force. I am a master sergeant. I am bringing on way more air strikes. Michael Bay really beefed up my presence in this sequel.

Its way more robots. There are a whole bunch of new robots that the world is going to be introduced to. There is going to be way more action sequences. All of the stuff that goes on is really insane.

Staff
#1 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Robots?

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with robots?

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
I cant believe how far Tyrese has come... I remember when this dude was just another Average Singer. But now this motherfu#ka is getting awesome movie roles... Thats Amazing
#4 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

I Think Tyrese will do a perfect Luke Cage! He's got the attitude, the appearance, the whole thing. Glad they are beefing up his role in Transformers, he was awesome in it.

#5 Edited by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Runs around fan girling about more tyrese movies and Transformers :D
#6 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Runs around fan girling about more tyrese movies and Transformers :D"
LOL
#7 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

A Luke Cage movie with an actor who actually looks the part and is excited about the possibility?  In the spirit of the Holidays and to quote Mr. Cage himself:   *SWEET CHRISTMAS!!*

Would Iron Fist make a cameo or be part of the story?  If they use Iron Fist, and I don't need to say it, but please....no funky yellow high collar costume.  

#8 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man said:

"Of course what we really want to know is would he be wearing the yellow satin shirt and tiara?"

probably not....they might giv him one of these outfits:;

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Big Ups To Ya Tyrese
#10 Posted by King of Hearts 11987 (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrese doesn't look like Cage..but I am almost positive this will be good.

#11 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tyrese Gibson  wants to be luke Cage, it sure
wouldn't hurt to let him try  to be Luke Cage in a Movie.

#12 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.
It is about time they put more robots in this movie,
because this movie is about good robots and
bad robots fighting each other not humans.
The last movie had alot more human stuff envoled than
robots. I heard they will have Jetfire and The Fallen in
this movie. Jetfire and Optimus Prime are my favorite
Transformers.

#13 Posted by NightFang (9959 posts) - - Show Bio
OH HELL YEAH!!!!
#14 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

While he probably wouldn't be my first pick for Cage, I imagine he could do a good job with the role. I wonder if it will be a FF thing or a solo movie or Heroes for Hire thing. I wonder who would play Iron Fist.

#15 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"I can't wait for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.
It is about time they put more robots in this movie,
because this movie is about good robots and
bad robots fighting each other not humans.
The last movie had alot more human stuff envoled than
robots. I heard they will have Jetfire and The Fallen in
this movie. Jetfire and Optimus Prime are my favorite
Transformers."

Yup, the humans are nothing and should stay nothing in their battles. Good see all of my old favs in the movies too.
#16 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

A Luke Cage movie could be good, but i have no interest in a new Transformers movie after the last one.

#17 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"A Luke Cage movie could be good, but i have no interest in a new Transformers movie after the last one."
Why? This Transformers are gonna be about the Transformers instead of the washed out story and less action to the movie.
#18 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"fesak said:
"A Luke Cage movie could be good, but i have no interest in a new Transformers movie after the last one."
Why? This Transformers are gonna be about the Transformers instead of the washed out story and less action to the movie."

On the imdb page it looks like it's the same crappy cast and director so i have no hopes for improvement.
#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"fesak said:
Why? This Transformers are gonna be about the Transformers instead of the washed out story and less action to the movie."

On the imdb page it looks like it's the same crappy cast and director so i have no hopes for improvement."

Yeah I do agree on one thing though. If I wanted someone to tell the Transformers story in a good way I don't want Michael Bay even remotely directing this movie.
#20 Posted by Shatterstar (4537 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"fesak said:
The sequel will be written by the same people, starring the same people, produced by the same people, directed by the same manchild, Tyrese says he's calling in airstrikes, what could possibly go wrong. Oh yea, all those things made the last movie gut-wrenchingly unwatchable.

Tyrese as Luke Cage? Thats not enough to get me to buy a ticket.
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they said their faving a whole lot more Transformers in the film. But I will be fu(#in heated if this movie does the same thing they did in last film by using the dumb sabot rounds to kill the Decepticons. Thats dumb, how can make a movie called Transformers when for one they hardly get any screen time. They don't even focus on the their story to begin with. And also as the few battles that were in the movie the humans have to be involved. The only ways the humans get involved is if they get killed and mass destruction happends.

#22 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I know somebody who was an extra in Transformers 2. He got to meet Shia Leboff (don't know if I spelled that right). Apparently, Shia smokes a lot. Weird huh? He doesn't seam like a super smoker.

But anyway, so I know a guy whose in that movie. It'll be cool to see Transformers 2 because the first one was so awome and well just super cool.

#23 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

it fits for him

#24 Posted by Brotha-Man (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't want Tyrese as Luke Cage, but I really want a Luke Cage movie. So I'm hoping they get a really good actor, and do the movie properly. I keep seeing Ving Rhames as a good pick, but we'll see who gets the role. All I can hope for is the movie to be world changingly good, or at least a tolerable movie to watch.

Due to Luke Cage being my favorite hero, I have to go see his movie no matter what. I went and saw The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, and that sorry f-up of Ghost Rider, and now my boy Cage is getting his screen time. The only thing that could cause me to not watch the movie is if they did something stupid like cast Ben Afflack in Cage's spot trying to be original or something. I mean turning Cage white, no offense, would piss me off, but starring that horrible actor Ben Afflack would royaly piss me off.

I guess I can only hope for the best.

#25 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they get some one to pull it off the guy who  played iron man was so dead on i hope they do the same for cage

#26 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

they should get michael jai white

#27 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal pick for Luke Cage is Henry Simmons with Michael Jai White as Willis Stryker/Diamondback.

#28 Posted by AliceHatter (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes not my first pick, but I would have thought that Hollywood would naturally pick Samuel L. Jackson

#29 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see that happen, but it probably won't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.