Follow

Luke Cage

Character » Luke Cage appears in 3079 issues.

Luke Cage, wrongly convicted and unjustly imprisoned, was altered in a failed prison experiment that granted him unbreakable skin and superhuman strength. With his street smarts and unending determination to do right, he fights for the common man! He eventually married Jessica Jones and had a daughter with her.

Super Children

Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Varient

So,.. Luke Cage thanks to a systemwide enhancement based on a combination of the super soldier program and Noah Burnstiens idea's on cell regeneration   is Invulnerable, Able to lift more than 50 ton's (by feat)  heals roughly 3 times faster than an average human and can survive falling from 30K feet without harm. 
    Jessica Cage thanks to the classic auto accident involving materials that SHOULD NOT be on the roads regular folk use is extremely durable toward invulnerability, strong enough to lift at LEAST ten tons, and can fly (badly). 

So the question here is: 

What Powers will thier kids have if any? 

I'm thinking that their firstborn will have the same powers as her mother at minimum,.. with the added regen from her father as a bonus.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Well Danielle hasn't displayed any abilities yet but a combination of the abilities of both parents is very possible. But she could also develop unrelated abilities.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think she should be a generic super strong flier type and get taught a few moves by her uncle Danny.
    Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Varient
    @ComicMan24:
    Unrelated abilities with ties to her parents current powersets? 
    Marvel has not been too clear on the nature of Jessica's durability,..  
    Spiderman for example can take an enourmous amount of damage but he's not bullet proof like the Cages, he's just so resilient that he can handle literely tons of blunt trauma. If Jessica is the same to a higher degree and her daughter gets this AND the "Titanium- hard skin" her daddy has then she would be up in Ms' Marvels class as far as durability. 

If her durability is a energyfield of some sort,... tha opens a whole new can of issues. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magian
    @Varient: I meant completely unrelated abilities. Take for example Franklin Richards, his mother can become invisible and generate force fields and he father has elasticity. But his powers has no relation to their abilities. I am not saying that this is the case here, just a possibility.
    Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Varient
    @ComicMan24:
    Ah,...
    I'm an idiot,... And a long time gone,... I now understand what you meant.
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SoA

she may get super strength and invulnerability , maybe somthing else as she gets older
    the baby is can be classified as a mutant right?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Why does she need to get any powers at all? Also the way things progress in comics I wouldn't hold my breath to find out if she does end up with powers.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Why does she need to get any powers at all? Also the way things progress in comics I wouldn't hold my breath to find out if she does end up with powers. "
    Because people with powers whom have babies..have babies with powers.Why wouldn't she have powers..that doesn't make any sense?
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iron_Lad

She'd probably have superstrength, but we've seen two super powered couples have kids who turn out to be normal humans. See Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Iron_Lad said:
    " She'd probably have superstrength, but we've seen two super powered couples have kids who turn out to be normal humans. See Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna. "
    Luna isn't normal...she has powers.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian
    @Iron_Lad said:
    " She'd probably have superstrength, but we've seen two super powered couples have kids who turn out to be normal humans. See Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna. "
    Yeah but there was a reason for this. The mutant and the inhuman genes cancelled each other leaving her just a normal person. Nothing like this has been stated here.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Iron_Lad said:
    Luna isn't normal...she has powers. "
    She wasn't born with powers. She was born human. It's because Quicksilver exposed her to the Terrigen mists that she gained powers.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Nova`Prime`: They'll probably bring a future version of her back at some point they always do that with super hero's kids
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @Varient: I meant completely unrelated abilities. Take for example Franklin Richards, his mother can become invisible and generate force fields and he father has elasticity. But his powers has no relation to their abilities. I am not saying that this is the case here, just a possibility. "
    Franklin is a whole different beast though since he's a mutant.  If anything, his irradiated parents simply increased the possibility of him being a mutant in comparison to the chances if his parents had no powers at all.  The only way baby Cage would have unrelated powers is if she's a mutant.  If not, she would develop abilities similar to her parents.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Vance Astro said:
    "Because people with powers whom have babies..have babies with powers.Why wouldn't she have powers..that doesn't make any sense? "
    But why? Why can't the kid just be normal, I understand if the powers come from something in their DNA like mutant powers, but to my understanding neither Jessica or Luke had their powers at birth so its not in their DNA, so there really isn't anything to pass on to the off spring. Will she have powers one day, probably, but why can't the kid just grow up to be normal? I think it would be an interesting take considering most super hero/villain children have powers to be without and still trying to live up to your parents.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF

I havent paid attention to either of them since Dark Reign but i was always curious about what abilities their child might gain. I knew the mom had super powers but i had never seen her actually use any of them. Also i thought she got her powers through and experimental accident or something with a drug trial.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nova`Prime` said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"Because people with powers whom have babies..have babies with powers.Why wouldn't she have powers..that doesn't make any sense? "
    But why? Why can't the kid just be normal, I understand if the powers come from something in their DNA like mutant powers, but to my understanding neither Jessica or Luke had their powers at birth so its not in their DNA, so there really isn't anything to pass on to the off spring. Will she have powers one day, probably, but why can't the kid just grow up to be normal? I think it would be an interesting take considering most super hero/villain children have powers to be without and still trying to live up to your parents. "
    Yea but Luke and Jessica are mutates.Their DNA is contaminated.You're not crossing normal DNA.It's very likely Danielle doesn't have any powers because nobody knows what actually happens when you cross DNA that has been altered but this is also a comic.Nobody cares about civilian characters.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Osiris1428

It would make sense if Danielle has powers. It would be awesome if she turns out to be able to fly better than her mom, stronger or more durable than both her parents, and be taught fighting styles of Cap, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and so on from the Avengers Academy. 

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @Osiris1428 said:
    " It would make sense if Danielle has powers. It would be awesome if she turns out to be able to fly better than her mom, stronger or more durable than both her parents, and be taught fighting styles of Cap, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and so on from the Avengers Academy.  "
    Depends how fast Danielle grows up. It took Franklin Richards around 40 years to grow from a little baby into a little boy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.