Should Luke Cage re-open Avengers Academy?

Posted by Teerack (5314 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Should Luke Cage re-open Avengers Academy? (15 votes)

Yes 60%
No 40%

So I was thinking about it, and I think Luke Cage would be the best Avenger to run a school for super powered kids. Especially considering he just had a kid of his own, and fact that he sorta became the moral center of the Avengers. Would you guys like to see a Headmaster Cage?

#1 Edited by Dernman (14711 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I think Falcon is better suited for it. It's something I've been thinking on for awhile now. Right now Falcon doesn't have as much potential as Luke to be on the forefront and this would be somewhere good they can shove him.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read that. It gives the character something to do, and it's really fitting to what he's all about: setting an example for the community.

#3 Posted by Teerack (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Actually I think Falcon is better suited for it. It's something I've been thinking on for awhile now. Right now Falcon doesn't have as much potential as Luke to be on the forefront and this would be somewhere good they can shove him.

Well Sam is in the main Avengers book right now if you think that, because you don't think he's in anything.

#4 Posted by Dernman (14711 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: He's barely in it and most likely won't be after Hickman is out of there. Falcon isn't a character that gets much attention other then showing up once in awhile as a background character to fill space.

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like that a lot actually

#6 Posted by Teerack (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@teerack: He's barely in it and most likely won't be after Hickman is out of there. Falcon isn't a character that gets much attention other then showing up once in awhile as a background character to fill space.

He's a hard character to fit into this current cosmic story, but he has still been in more then half the issues. Falcon is going to be in the next Captain America and probably the next Avengers movie, so there is no way they're going to drop him now.

#7 Edited by Dernman (14711 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@dernman said:

He's a hard character to fit into this current cosmic story, but he has still been in more then half the issues. Falcon is going to be in the next Captain America and probably the next Avengers movie, so there is no way they're going to drop him now.

They should drop him. He's a background character in a cast over 20 and like you said is hard to fit in a cosmic story which seems like Hickmans mostly going to do. If he got a book and where he was made headmaster of AA he would get much more from it then by being in the Avengers

#8 Edited by Teerack (5314 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I love it! One little gripe(I'm sorry if I'm being to picky) but Penance is Speedball now and he was in fact a fighting instructor in Avengers Academy.

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17236 posts) - - Show Bio

luke as headmaster? HELL NO!

Hank Pym was just the right guy

#11 Posted by Teerack (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

luke as headmaster? HELL NO!

Hank Pym was just the right guy

Hank was a good headmaster, but for his character it really was sorta holding him back.

@oscars94 said:

@teerack: I love it! One little gripe(I'm sorry if I'm being to picky) but Penance is Speedball now and he was in fact a fighting instructor in Avengers Academy.

Yeah but I mean so was Justice and Quicksilver. I think Quicksilver would be the only one that might come back. Speedball and Justice are sorta off the grid on a cross country road trip.

#12 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17236 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Pyrogram (34965 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I mean because he's labelled as a student, And is Speedball still mentally deranged after the 600 deaths at Stamford. I mean Nitro killed those people. Volstagg doesn't seem too vexed by a whole football stadium blowing up with him inside during his fight against the U-Foes. The new Starbrand accidentally killed an entire University with his new powers. He was crying for a panel but he's over it now. I just thikn Speedball should be funny again.

#15 Posted by Teerack (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

@teerack: I mean because he's labelled as a student, And is Speedball still mentally deranged after the 600 deaths at Stamford. I mean Nitro killed those people. Volstagg doesn't seem too vexed by a whole football stadium blowing up with him inside during his fight against the U-Foes. The new Starbrand accidentally killed an entire University with his new powers. He was crying for a panel but he's over it now. I just thikn Speedball should be funny again.

OOOOH I that's not Speedball in the students. It's this kid, Hollow. I copied it from the wiki and it still had her name as Penance.

#16 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is no better a pick than Hank Pym was, neither are anywhere near qualified to run the show.

#17 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32608 posts) - - Show Bio

all the students are dead

#19 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone would join after they found out what happened to the other kids. (Avengers Arena)

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8072 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say they should find the missing kids before they wheel in a new batch. That said, I cant help but imagine Cage trying to run the school in a Shaft fashion... which involves pistol whipping as a disciplinary action, a whole lot of swearing and a whole lot of provoking... and scheming.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.