One Bad Mouther Shut You Mouth!

#1 Posted by Hulkbuster (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean who else besides me thinks that Luke is one of the coolest heroes ever. I mean the way he stepped up in the civil war was great. I think with a few adjustments another series should been in order

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't to much care for Cage.

#3 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a dude!!! just started reading new avengers but.... how cool is he?

#4 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Luke Cage as a character, always have. Yet, in the last 8 years his mouth has just went down hill. I miss Sweet X-Mass, and all that kind of talk. Not " What the F#*@^" kind of talk. I also want him wearing a yellow tang-top, a pair of blue jeans and a heavy chain as a belt. Come on show me some love!

#5 Posted by Brotha-Man (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you want him going back into the 70's blaxploitation theme.

Personally, Cage is my favorite character in the marvel world. I'm glad that they brought to the modern times without messing up his looks or attitude. Luke Cage is top hero on my list.
And I'll finish this with...................................... SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is cool, but he should at least go by Powerman again.

#7 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio

Worse thing you can do is owe Luke Cage some money.

#8 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is my second favourite Marvel character. Iron Fist is first.

You can imagine my joy when they both joined the Avengers.

And Cage going after Dr. Doom for his money is one of the best ideas in comics...like, ever.

#9 Posted by Brotha-Man (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Straight UP! When he hunted down Doom, man, I was happy to see him get some real universal statis as being one of the few people to take Doom on single handed.
It was....... what's a good word........ Beautiful. Yeah, no other way to say it...... Beautiful.

#10 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is amazing. I love reading him in New Avengers

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why he doesn't wear the costume anymore. It was showed that he wants to in New Avengers, and since he is being a superhero anyways.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I wonder why he doesn't wear the costume anymore. It was showed that he wants to in New Avengers, and since he is being a superhero anyways.
"
Everyone made fun of him for wearing it.
#13 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats true, but come on. There have been a lot worse costumes. Even if he doesn't use it he could still use the name Power Man, or come out with a new costume.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Thats true, but come on. There have been a lot worse costumes. Even if he doesn't use it he could still use the name Power Man, or come out with a new costume.
"
I think he should get a new costume but the yellow shirt and the tiara thing was lame.
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems out of place on the Avengers. Everybody is in costume, but him.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"He seems out of place on the Avengers. Everybody is in costume, but him.
"
I know..that's pretty lame.
#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

costumes are overrated. I think he should keep the crowbar though that thing is cool.  

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Never cared for Luke

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

he is amazing. He ruled with Iron fist in Heroes 4 Hire, now he kicks ass in New Avengers. All of the New Avengers rule, but Spidey could be written better in Dark Reign, especially with Osborn being his arch nemesis 

#20 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Luke since New Avengers. I agree that he should wear a costume. When I read New Avengers, I often mistake Luke for a civilian lol

#21 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Luke cause he is unique. He doesn't need a costume and he makes everyone else seem ridiculous wearing there costumes.

#22 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he is unique compare to  other tanks

#23 Posted by Citizen Vance (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is a token and I don't like him for it.He's a terrible superhero and a worse father.

#24 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio

I never much liked Luke Cage...big deal he's bullet-proof! So are most other Marvel powerhouses, Thing, Colossus, Hulk, Juggs, Herc, Ares, Rhino etc etc.

#25 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is in my top 10 fav heroes list. He's kinda like the ex-gangster turned into a responsible and respectable man. To me Luke is kind of like Wolverine in the costume department, he dosn't need a costume, but he dose have a few good costumes (the tiara and yellow shirt was laughable but is a good use for embarressing him in comitic moments and I love his "Secret War" outfit, maybe the artist could dig that up for him). I also really liked him as the leader of the New Avengers and feel he could return to that status one day. he's a very powerful hero and has a strong story behind him. He's one of the most bad ass heroes I've come to know. I'm actually very impatient for the Luke Cage movie. Luke should also get a new solo series too. 

P.S. When did Luke take on Dr. Doom? I'd love to see that.
#26 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea of Luke Cage being an Avenger and not having a costume is totally ignorant & also makes the character himself look that way. If he had remain as a local urban street level hero, no problem. But since he has been elevated to top tier status as an Avenger, he should have some type of "work uniform" or "fighting threads".  Someone explain to me how smart is it to be an Avenger knowing that you will 99% of the time go out and face knuckle heads that will more than likely be using if not high calibre fire arms on the low end scale of the threat scale to some sort of high tech energy weapon on the high end? Not to mention explosions and debris & rubble from battle. "Okay. I'm just going to grab whatevernice looking everyday outfit I feel like wearing today out of the closet and go take on the big bad super villians. The wife & kid won't mind me spending our money on new clothes every other week 'cuz I'm cool like that." Makes about as much sense as a construction worker going to work on a construction site in an Armani suit & expense shoes and thinking he'll stay all nice & neat the whole day.  I 'll agree he doesn't need to go the spandex costume route, but maybe something along the lines of what he wore in the early 90's. Some type of reinforced "urban street wear" : leather jacket, shirt, jeans or leather-like pants, a pair of Tims or some type combat/hiking boots: something that would stand up to the type of punishment he would undergo when facing of what ever villians popped up.  I'm down for keeping Luke Cage real, but the way he's being handle attitude wise as far as not wearing "fighting clothes": PURE IGNORANT!!
#27 Edited by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, bringing Luke's Secret War costume... (looks inocent)
#28 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio
@avengpymhawk said:
"

I love Luke Cage as a character, always have. Yet, in the last 8 years his mouth has just went down hill. I miss Sweet X-Mass, and all that kind of talk. Not " What the F#*@^" kind of talk. I also want him wearing a yellow tang-top, a pair of blue jeans and a heavy chain as a belt. Come on show me some love!

"

I like the lack of costume idea, but I agree with him being on the (an) Avengers team he should have some sort of Identifying piece af clothing. 
As for the language, it's not just Luke getting worse, it's the whole medium.  :(  Very sad for new, younger readers. 
I like the fact that Luke Cage is an "every man" down to earth type guy, with a very subtle power base.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.