marvel's tougest hero (besides wolverine)

#1 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

LUKE ROCKS!!!!

#2 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the toughest street level hero. He and Wolverine are far from toughest. Silver surfer holds that lofty title if your only including good guys.
Post Edited:2008-03-21 15:35:36

#3 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Terms of earth heroes Wolverines my fav but it would go to hulk or sentry those are the two strongest earth heroes. The strongest out of Earth would be Thor.Hes been counted as the strongest in marvel 616 galaxy in terms of strength. Thats only for heroes

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"zee crusher says:
"Terms of earth heroes Wolverines my fav but it would go to hulk or sentry those are the two strongest earth heroes. The strongest out of Earth would be Thor.Hes been counted as the strongest in marvel 616 galaxy in terms of strength. Thats only for heroes"

Well surfer technically can be as strong as he wishes to be. He once drew so much power that he became stronger than galactus, if only for a couple of panels."

I read that he became a god and galactus said where did he gain such power that i didn't give him. So yeah surfer can be the toughest.

#5 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Terms of earth heroes Wolverines my fav but it would go to hulk or sentry those are the two strongest earth heroes. The strongest out of Earth would be Thor.Hes been counted as the strongest in marvel 616 galaxy in terms of strength. Thats only for heroes"

Well surfer technically can be as strong as he wishes to be. He once drew so much power that he became stronger than galactus, if only for a couple of panels.

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"zee crusher says:

Well surfer technically can be as strong as he wishes to be. He once drew so much power that he became stronger than galactus, if only for a couple of panels."

I read that he became a god and galactus said where did he gain such power that i didn't give him. So yeah surfer can be the toughest."

Especially near sources of cosmic energy.

#7 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Suffer the toughest? Tell that to Sakaar. Besides he might be strong as a character but I think DDs way more awsome.

#8 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"He's the toughest street level hero. He and Wolverine are far from toughest. Silver surfer holds that lofty title if your only including good guys.
Post Edited:2008-03-21 15:35:36"

yeah seriously

the (besides wolverine) wasn't necessary in your title

#9 Posted by Shiryu (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's your typical showoff.I couldn't say who the toughest is.

#10 Posted by Ex (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, DDFan is right, the surfer got his ass kicked on Sakaar. Can't be that tough!

#11 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, who else?

#12 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"

He's the toughest street level hero. He and Wolverine are far from toughest. Silver surfer holds that lofty title if your only including good guys.
Post Edited:2008-03-21 15:35:36

"
Street level?  Yup I'd say he's the toughest.
#13 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

when you say tough I think what you mean is a hero who can be hurt that isnt all powerful and still withstands punishment.  that being said Hulk is not tough at all, what hurts him? who can hurt him? same goes with all the marvel powerhouses. Its like saying superman is tough. hes near immortal when would be a time that he needs to be "tough"

tough is Daredevil, Cap, Hawkeye, Punisher...and the king is wolverine.
Cage I dont consider tough because again what can hurt him? he cant be cut shot or burned. He can run straight into the fight with no worry. Thats not tough. Wolverine letting a ninja slice his throat just to get close enough to kill him is TOUGH.
Cap Fighting ironman head on is TOUGH when he knows all that ironman can do

#14 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"when you say tough I think what you mean is a hero who can be hurt that isnt all powerful and still withstands punishment.  that being said Hulk is not tough at all, what hurts him? who can hurt him? same goes with all the marvel powerhouses. Its like saying superman is tough. hes near immortal when would be a time that he needs to be "tough"

Cage I dont consider tough because again what can hurt him? he cant be cut shot or burned. He can run straight into the fight with no worry. Thats not tough. Wolverine letting a ninja slice his throat just to get close enough to kill him is TOUGH.
"
Wolverine has a massive healing factor, so really what's so tough about a guy who can't die in a fight?
#15 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Holacik said:
"speedlgt said:
"when you say tough I think what you mean is a hero who can be hurt that isnt all powerful and still withstands punishment.  that being said Hulk is not tough at all, what hurts him? who can hurt him? same goes with all the marvel powerhouses. Its like saying superman is tough. hes near immortal when would be a time that he needs to be "tough"

"
Wolverine has a massive healing factor, so really what's so tough about a guy who can't die in a fight?
"
there is a big difference between a guy running in to gun fire KNOWING that its gonna shred his flesh and spill gallons of his blood and a guy with steel skin running in KNOWING its just gonna bounce off him like spitwads.  Wolverine cant die? yeah maybe but he can feel pain lots of pain being tough is enduring that pain and giving up.  I would even go so far as to say spiderman is tough in that while hes very strong he fights guys that are way stronger and gets stomped and still keeps going.

Tough is a mental thing.  If you strong enough to do anything then what extraordinary about it? whats tough about it? Nothing.
#16 Posted by DeadPool Man (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Please Dead Pool is the toughist period

#17 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

Luke Cage is cool. 

#18 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cage is kinda cool I like him in new avengers as an avenger but I cant stand him as a leader and I still say that wolverine is  the tougest

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

LUKE IS THE TOUGHEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"LUKE IS THE TOUGHEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I think there is a very long line ahead of him..................
#21 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

no he's no hero.....clint barton...no powers, sluggin it out with the rest of em, hittin hard and taken punches...gotta be close if not him?

#22 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

not that cage isnt the shaft of marvel comics i.e awesome cool...just think tougher heroes exist!?

#23 Edited by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool !

And Luke Cage aswell!

#24 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool is tough...really tough but Daken ruined him, daken is tough but could evolve into something major tough?! and barton dammn tough!

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio
Luke Cage is one badass Fella
#26 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

man I guess I just dont see it to Tough is in the mind no one with a superpower is tough IMO. Cage cant be tough in my eyes cause hes got metal skin for crying out loud.  its running out on a paintball field with armor on! thats not tough tough is playing paintball in a tank top!

#27 Posted by warlock360 (27963 posts) - - Show Bio

What is tough in these terms? is it as far as your physical incarnation can push or is simply stupidity/being risky/having balls?

#28 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

havin balls is arrogance...jackass guys hav balls but aren't tough.. tough is a way of life, tough is fighting without leaving your barstool, tough is mental, its gettin up on a 9 count in the 12th round spittin the blood outta your mouth and sockin it to the guy that put u down, tough is a harley davidson, wearin leather and not lookin gay! tough is fighting spirit..people should look at a tough guy and think he's tough..its a persona,an image but one they must be able to back up! Punisher is tough, Clint Barton is tough,Luke Cage is tough(based on the fact that without his titanium skin he'd still be a badass) theres more tough guys out there but can't pin it down!! 

#29 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is one of the most 'gutsy' heroes, having shown this countless times - in his fight with the Champion, when delivering a bomb deep inside Ego, in his many fights against the Hulk etc.
He never gives up and keeps fighting till his last breath.

#30 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is tough...damn tough, even as grimm he's tough, he just has that toughguy persona that he would fight to prove to his last breath if he had to.

#31 Posted by StormAmazonPheonix (286 posts) - - Show Bio

The NEW Black Panther.

#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"man I guess I just dont see it to Tough is in the mind no one with a superpower is tough IMO. Cage cant be tough in my eyes cause hes got metal skin for crying out loud.  its running out on a paintball field with armor on! thats not tough tough is playing paintball in a tank top!
"

Thats just dumb. If I saw someone playing paintball in a tank top I would light him up even if he was on my team. 
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91070 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is tougher than Cage.

#34 Posted by G.I.Joe (41 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the fact that cage is a brawler though, that means he uses less skill unlike dd and relies on his toughness, suggesting he is actually 'Tougher' but not nearly as skilled

#35 Posted by The Rorschach (147 posts) - - Show Bio

LUKE CAGE baby

#36 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Suigetsu said:
Deadpool !
Pathetic.
#37 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Cage but Cap is the the toughest. No powers and stil will take blows from some powerful people and get back up.

#38 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight is no slouch either.

#39 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

i know he's not the toughest but Spider-man must be one of the toughest street hero's, he has took some bad beatings.

#40 Edited by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

All streets are tough. 

#41 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

Ghost Rider

#42 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Black Panther?

#43 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Why Black Panther?
"
Read Secret Invasion BP.
#44 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

3 steps ahead of you, just thought it was an interesting choice for you.

#45 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

It was written by Jason Aaron, same guy who writes Ghost Rider. I had to check it out.

#46 Posted by Brotha-Man (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage is the best in my book. Toughest and the best super hero. Mostly because his storylines are usually closer to realistic ideas of what would happen, and envolve Cage using his skills and not just his steel hard skin. Luke Cage is number one hero of Marvel to me.

#47 Posted by Erik (31473 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage is cool, but hardly the toughest Marvel character out there. There is no denying that Captain America is tougher among others. He takes on worldly (sometimes larger) threats with virtually no powers whatsoever. 

#48 Edited by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage is very cool, but my vote for toughest marvel character goes to... 

"HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!" 

...(shaken) that guy...(faints)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.