Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson a fan, wants to play Luke Cage on Film!

#1 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't hate this idea..

#3 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see that.

#4 Posted by Whisper_ (3464 posts) - - Show Bio

I support this. 

#5 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people will complain that he's not 'black enough' or something like that though.

#6 Edited by The_Tree (7726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:

I think people will complain that he's not 'black enough' or something like that though.

He's not black enough, dammit!!!
I wouldn't mind this choice, but I would go for somebody blacker. But I could see Marvel Studios using him as a selling point for Luke Cage, rather than having some random no name actor. But then again, look at what they did with Thor, they could follow its formula.
#7 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say Terry Crews

#8 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if he fights Black Kingpin. 

You know what?  No.  Sorry.  There's a reason Kingpin's white, and Cage is Black, and - for better or worse - "blackface" and "whiteface" are frowned upon.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13407 posts) - - Show Bio
@ntb1124 said:
I still say Terry Crews
damn straight
#10 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, Have Terry Crews for this role, For 1 The Rock doesn't fit the Luke Cage mold and 2. Give the dark-skinned brothas a chance.

#11 Posted by GLforHIRE (455 posts) - - Show Bio

id say terry crews or michael ji white....although the rock is currently bigger than both of them (not that it matters since all 3 are top end athletes at one point and can put on muscle fast)..terry deserves a staring role though at least once
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd be a better Black Adam or even Namor if he tried. 

But I really don't hate this idea. What nationality is he anyway? 

#13 Edited by cattlebattle (12982 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

I think he'd be a better Black Adam or even Namor if he tried.  But I really don't hate this idea. What nationality is he anyway? 

His father was black and his mother was samoan.... i think
#14 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Dwayne Johnson or Terry Crews as Luke Cage. It's a tough call.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Really? He always looked Philippino to me...
#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12982 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
@cattlebattle: Really? He always looked Philippino to me...
Yup, his father was wrestler, Rocky Johnson who was either black or a dark skin toned hispanic, His mother was the daughter of High Cheif Peter Maivia, who was somoan
#17 Edited by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Dwayne Johnson is identical to how I think Cage should look.... a part from him being lighter skinned - and I think a Luke Cage film should have a  focus on the culture of African American life. I mean cmon, this isn't some blonde haired, white guy running round wearing the American flag!

#18 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

Darrin Henson all the way. 

#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the nice things about Luke Cage is that he's an everyman character. He's really down to earth. A lot of people could play him and get it right. That's part of what makes the character awesome.
#20 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@ntb1124 said:
I still say Terry Crews

This.
#21 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Taye Diggs or maybe LL Cool J.

#22 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember Luke Cage is dark-skinned

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, luke cage is pretty much normal family guy with powers and a hot wife. dwayne could play luke cage but he needs to be tougher like ving rhames from babyboy and ving rhames also has a deeper voice and  would be my pick luke cage if he weren't too old. luke cage can't hold a movie by himself he needs more depth. black panther movie could work play by aldis hodge from leverage he's a pretty good actor on that show.  

#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mega_spidey01 said:
nah, luke cage is pretty much normal family guy with powers and a hot wife. dwayne could play luke cage but he needs to be tougher like ving rhames from babyboy and ving rhames also has a deeper voice and  would be my pick luke cage if he weren't too old. luke cage can't hold a movie by himself he needs more depth. black panther movie could work play by aldis hodge from leverage he's a pretty good actor on that show.  
Terry Crews has played family man roles, Crews is more suited for the role.
#25 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock is the best fit, I could see this!

#26 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock should play BLACK ADAM. First and foremost.

#27 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio
@slick23 said:
The Rock is the best fit, I could see this!
#28 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dwayne Johnson would be a perfect Bishop.  

#29 Posted by XLR87T3 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone said:

The Rock should play BLACK ADAM. First and foremost.

^^^This^^^ and LL Cool J is too nice

#30 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@Gambit1024 said:

I think he'd be a better Black Adam or even Namor if he tried.  But I really don't hate this idea. What nationality is he anyway? 

His father was black and his mother was samoan.... i think
Yeah, you got it.
#31 Posted by daredevil21134 (12108 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@ntb1124 said:
I still say Terry Crews
damn straight

This

#32 Posted by Baptimus (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of the Rock, but it's gotta be Terry Crews all the way!

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

.....yes
#34 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, the Rock is perfect for this role I think. He's a good actor, probably the only good one to ever come from wrestling, and has a lot of talent. Not to mention he has a similar look, and definitely has the bulk. He's got my vote!

#35 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock as Cage? I have two words for this: NO WAY.
BTW didn't John Singleton want to make a flick starring Tyrese? Are they any new information about that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.