Could the Old Spice Guy Become Luke Cage?

• 96 results
#51 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy really makes me laugh. Ever since I saw his first commercial. His comedic timing is perfect. His delivery in his jokes is exceptional.

#52 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

No way.
#53 Posted by bunnyonthemoonlol (29 posts) - - Show Bio

let me just start by saying those old spice commerccials are the funniest commercials EVER!!!!now im not much of a luke cage fan,but,if he IS a comic book junkie like he claims to be well then i will give it the benefit of the doubt.
#54 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (208 posts) - - Show Bio

hello ladies

#55 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can play an okay Luck cage.He just need to be a bit more bigger but other than that he looks like an okay Actor.I say go for it.

#56 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why he can't do it and honestly, they would be stupid not to really push a Cage movie out. The budget would be far less and could tie into the "Avengers" universe. I would like to see them sort of create this other Marvel universe inside of the Avengers where they use these darker heroes such as Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, etc. Problem is some of these contracts are still ongoing. I think Daredevil might expire before they do anything with it because it has been a very long time since the last Daredevil movie with nothing to show for it. Daredevil came out in 2003 and nothing since, they started to develop a reboot earlier this year but because they have to show it is in active development. I am sure Disney will be pushing this issue with many of the rights with either produce the movie or hand back the rights. Same can be said about Fantastic Four, which is also getting a reboot. Another possibility is Fox optioning the rights to Disney so Marvel/Disney makes the movie and pays Fox for the rights, which Disney wouldn't want to do either but they would rather Fox not make any more Marvel movies to damage the brand.

#57 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Terry Crews, the dude who does the Odor Blocker Body Wash Old Spice commercials, would be a much better Luke Cage. 
Still like this dude, just not as Luke Cage.

#58 Posted by Emerald Dragonfly (212 posts) - - Show Bio

TERRY CREWS AS LUKE DAMMIT

#59 Edited by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio

thank God, I got scared for a second, I thought you meant Terry Crews. ~relieved sigh~

#60 Posted by greeneagle (157 posts) - - Show Bio

HELLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#61 Posted by RATZGobbler (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello ladies. Look at the Article. Now look at me. now at the article. now back to me. Sadly I didn't write that article but it could smell like me with new Old Spice Blog Wash. look down. now back up. where are you? You're on a boat reading the article you wish this article could be. what's in your hand. Back to me, I have it. it's an oyster. What's in it? it's two tickets to that thing you love. look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your article smells like new Old Spice Blog Wash and not a lady. I'm on a horse.

#62 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" not bad "
what he said.
#63 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, I really dont want Terry Crews to play Luke Cage, why? because I cant ever take Crews serious enough. Name one movie or show he has been in where he DOESNT dance??? dont worry, ILL wait....  
 My top choice is Michael Jai White. He has plenty experience in martial arts, and can pull off being a badass better then Crews ever could.
#64 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Ray Park gets to be Iron Fist, I don't care.
#65 Posted by Twelve (229 posts) - - Show Bio

lol if he does become luke cage
#66 Posted by gibson343 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White Should be Luke Cage, that is all!

#67 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White would be perfect, but he needs an extra 3 feet lol. 

#68 Edited by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White ...he was in Spawn, Dark Knight and Undisputed 2...the guy is huge and a decent actor. I'd want to see him or Mustafa play Cage because Jaime Foxx probably won't and Tyreese is a shitty actor. Or they could be Blade or Black Panther!!

#69 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Look over there 

Now look at me  

Look up 

Back to me

NO!!!!!

#70 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

He has my vote as long as he bulks up a bit.

#71 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

why the hell not
#72 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White  could probably do a good Luke Cace, but I'd rather see him do another Spawn movie.      

#73 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that guy!

But no, he should not be Luke Cage.

#74 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he can, but the studios hardly ever cast who the fans want as their favorite heroes on the big screen (or small screen for that matter!).

#75 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I could see it now: 

Hello Ladies 
Look at Iron Fist 
now back to me 
now back to Iron Fist 
now back to me 
sadly he isn't me but if he had impervious skin he could be as tuff as me 
look down 
back up 
where are you 
your at Hero's for Hire HQ with the man Iron Fist could be as tuff as 
what's in your hand 
back to me 
I have it 
it's a tiara that I used to wear that you love so much 
look again 
the tiara is now a chain belt 
anything is possible when your man has impervious skin and not chi powers 
I'm on a horse

#76 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

He just needs to bulk up
#77 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:
EFF YEAH!!!
#78 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio

if jamie foxx is luke cage i am going to shoot someone

#79 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! I might respect Luke Cage as a character.

#80 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@ahumancartoon said:
" Oh I could see it now:  Hello Ladies Look at Iron Fist now back to me now back to Iron Fist now back to me sadly he isn't me but if he had impervious skin he could be as tuff as me look down back up where are you your at Hero's for Hire HQ with the man Iron Fist could be as tuff as what's in your hand back to me I have it it's a tiara that I used to wear that you love so much look again the tiara is now a chain belt anything is possible when your man has impervious skin and not chi powers I'm on a horse "
This is way funnier than it has any right to be.
#81 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

Trippy idea... i say yes... but i would be happy with Curtis Jackson n/or Rampage JAckson

#82 Posted by Baptimus (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solitaire:  I agree with you on Terry Crews.  The other two I wouldn't mind seeing play Luke Cage are Kevin Grevioux from the movie Underworld, or   Lester Speight who played Terry Tate office linebacker in those Reebok commercials.  I definitely don't want to see Tyrese play him!!! 
#83 Posted by Dr Doomsday (192 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: I hadn't thought of Rampage, he would be perfect
#84 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dr Doomsday said:
" @Yung ANcient One: I hadn't thought of Rampage, he would be perfect "
thanks... i really want to watch A-Team i jus always forget.
#85 Posted by Leegar88 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Ving Rhames=power man

#86 Posted by allhaildoom (182 posts) - - Show Bio

All about Terry Crews

#87 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
"He in my opinon needs to be a little bigger but he wouldnt be bad... "

what he said
#88 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

"look at me, now look to your man, now back to me...I'm stronger than steel....and we're on a boat."
#89 Posted by JarJarMinks (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Check this out from MARVEL's youtube page
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d3RqCUvK3g&feature=sub 

#90 Posted by Erik (31777 posts) - - Show Bio

#91 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see Mustafa as Luke Cage. He is just too smiley. It maybe because I only have seen him on the Old Spice commercials, but just don't see someone who is intimidating, deceptively intelligent, understatedly witty, and as endearing as I see Luke Cage. Nor would a 50 Cent, Tyresse, Michael Jai White, Terry Crews, Ving Rhames (way too old for an origin), Idris Elba (Too smooth, obviously physical intelligence) et cetera.  

Heroes For Hire should be a weekly television show that introduces the characters and unfolds the individual stories and personalities of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. the first story could start off in the middle of a "job" and it slowly unfolds the the origins and how they came together as Heroes for Hire, a'la Lost. Do all the introductions of those two characters in the first season, and introduce other street level characters such as Moon Knight, Shang Chi, and even Jessica Jones as Luke Cage's love interest in the second and so on seasons.

#92 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

DIdn't Terry Crews do some Old Spice Commercials...He has to be the next Luke Cage

#93 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if he bulked up.  He's too scrawny to play Cage as he is now.

#94 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio

#95 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Atari_Graphics: he still needs to be bigger
#96 Posted by Atari_Graphics (176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@Atari_Graphics: he still needs to be bigger

I totally agree. He needs to be about the Rock's size to play a legit Luke Cage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.