CAGE miniseries in 2008

#1 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Cavalier says:

"By the guy who did dexter's lab, samurai jack.It's supposed to draw back on Luke Cage when he went by the name 'Power Man' in a funky '70s style.Personally, I CANT WAIT.Thoughts?"

I am a pretty big Cage fan so that would rock.

#2 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

By the guy who did dexter's lab, samurai jack.

It's supposed to draw back on Luke Cage when he went by the name 'Power Man' in a funky '70s style.

Personally, I CANT WAIT.

Thoughts?

#3 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait for the movie too Luke Cage is my fav underrated hero

#4 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

My fav underrated hero is Gladiator.

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. Marvel has embarrased Cage and my folks enough. The Max series written by Brian Azzarello had Cage and all the other characters cussing and using the N word non stop. It basically seemed like a guilty pleasure to entertain white people(like most things). The tiara look butterfly collar is yesterday. I'm tiresd black folks being presented as bufoons.

#6 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"I don't know. Marvel has embarrased Cage and my folks enough. The Max series written by Brian Azzarello had Cage and all the other characters cussing and using the N word non stop. It basically seemed like a guilty pleasure to entertain white people(like most things). The tiara look butterfly collar is yesterday. I'm tiresd black folks being presented as bufoons."

Very true luke cage and the gang don't get the respect they deserve and neither does the black folks that read comics.

#7 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Sling Shot says:
"I don't know. Marvel has embarrased Cage and my folks enough. The Max series written by Brian Azzarello had Cage and all the other characters cussing and using the N word non stop. It basically seemed like a guilty pleasure to entertain white people(like most things). The tiara look butterfly collar is yesterday. I'm tiresd black folks being presented as bufoons."
Very true luke cage and the gang don't get the respect they deserve and neither does the black folks that read comics."

They did when? Back in the 70s? Because I'd offended if they present them like that.

#8 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"Sling Shot says:
Very true luke cage and the gang don't get the respect they deserve and neither does the black folks that read comics."

They did when? Back in the 70s? Because I'd offended if they present them like that."

They sure did and i hated it I am not black I am white but it don't matter they need to have respect for everybody not just who they want.

#9 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

What timeline was the Max series in? I mean blacks use the "N" word alot but you know but not all the time and not every black does. I mean they should only allow that kind of dialogue to be done by people(blacks) that have been around that kind of enviorment and knows when they say and when they don't. actually the whole "ghetto" should be done by people that have been around it.

#10 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"What timeline was the Max series in? I mean blacks use the "N" word alot but you know but not all the time and not every black does. I mean they should only allow that kind of dialogue to be done by people(blacks) that have been around that kind of enviorment and knows when they say and when they don't. actually the whole "ghetto" should be done by people that have been around it."

Very well said good job. The max idk sorry

#11 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the mini series about though? Doees it tie in to the movie next year?

#12 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Azzerelo is a white dude, British I think. He wrote Cage for MAX N-word every three seconds. made people in the hood look like a bunch of cowardly irresponsible lusty lagabouts.

#13 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Brian Azzerelo is a white dude, British I think. He wrote Cage for MAX N-word every three seconds. made people in the hood look like a bunch of cowardly irresponsible lusty lagabouts."

He did thats horrible!

#14 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that sucks. Thats when people start making their stero-type look on the outside of something they have no damn clue of. Wow thats just basically a slap in the face.

#15 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"Yeah that sucks. Thats when people start making their stero-type look on the outside of something they have no damn clue of. Wow thats just basically a slap in the face."

More than just a slap in the face its just wrong and mean and degrading.

#16 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

And consistently happening.

#17 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that sucks bad. I hope they get somebody that knows what its like. Yes it can be very violent but theres a certain degree of understanding of why some people are the way the are. I mean if I was raised by cocaine smoking parents at such a young age I think I would lose my mind too. That type of view is the basic view on black people around the country for alot of states. But thats just the way it is. Just got to live with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.